Sign in to follow this  
The Gunnpowder plot

First Post.....My Views for

Good post OP. Agreed with most of the points.

Totally agree Beauseant re Matty Patty. If he stays he will be an excellent player for us. He puts himself about and i wouldn''t want him marking me in a game in the depths of winter. His passing can go astray (!!) but he gives his all and is ball winner.

Although only a friendly I was impressed when he came on against Dartford. I just hope differences can be sorted out. After all one of the skills a successful Manager must have is man management.

Ironically I thought he was in his best form when he was dropped by Gunn (for whatever reason)

So here we have it!! Hoolahan is a worse player than Lappin, and Drury is our best left back since Barry Butler. Wasn''t Mark Bowen our left back during our most successful period EVER. Didn''t he have the ability to use both feet. Wasn''t he able to pass the halfway line without getting a nose bleed, and couldn''t he cross a ball? Oh and he took penalties and freekicks. Not knocking Drury, he has been an excellent servant to NCFC and it is a shame how things have worked out for him in recent years. However, to state he was our best leftback since Barry Butler is doing Mark Bowen a serious disservice.

[quote user="Disco Stu"]

So here we have it!! Hoolahan is a worse player than Lappin, and Drury is our best left back since Barry Butler. Wasn''t Mark Bowen our left back during our most successful period EVER. Didn''t he have the ability to use both feet. Wasn''t he able to pass the halfway line without getting a nose bleed, and couldn''t he cross a ball? Oh and he took penalties and freekicks. Not knocking Drury, he has been an excellent servant to NCFC and it is a shame how things have worked out for him in recent years. However, to state he was our best leftback since Barry Butler is doing Mark Bowen a serious disservice.

[/quote]

Surely you are all talking about Geoff Butler (1968-76) rather than the late, great Barry Butler - one of our very best centrehalves (1957-66) and all too brieflly player-coach.

Geoff was a really fine left back though. Close to Mark Bowen in ability I would say.

OTBC