Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

If signing today is Theokolitis then we must surely have some money for Lee/Dickinson

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two. to think otherwise is a bit silly. [/quote]

I would expect one at the moment and twoo if we were to sell Clingan (as expected).

We have spent nothing thus far and also so far the fans have invested more money than our board of directors (with or without the rebate issue).

We know that Fougler has more money, we know that the new directors have invested little and what have Delia & Wynn Jones invested this year to make sure that NCFC bounce back at the first attempt?

You are probably right that I may of ripped Jackson to shreds if we had of signed him from Rushden a year ago.  I however think that I would not of ripped him to shreds but would of instead ripped our boardroom members to shreds if he was the only striker that we brought in that summer.  I have nothing against us bringing free transfers in and in our current predicament this has to be done.  We do however need a sprinkling of quality and some money spent on a striker or two that we can rely on to hit the back of the net and offer a bit of a wow factor.

[/quote]So why have a go at Theo? Theo wasnt a striker the last time I looked....

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two.

to think otherwise is a bit silly.
[/quote] On one hand your saying Gunn is keeping all his budget to sign two good strikers , then you are saying we cannot afford two good strikers , make your mind up .My guess would be with Cureton,McDonald and Martin already on the books we will end up with one cheap old donkey like Alan Lee , nobody does cheap like this football club .
[/quote]

We all know this is going to be the case don''t we?

We will not pay enough for Dickinson, have failed to sign Warren Feeney and are looking unlikely to sign Grant Holt.

We have no interest in spending some money on the proven quality and flair at this level which would see us challenge for promotion (Lambert and Jackson).

The only option left is of course Fat Boy Lee who loves Norwcih City FC isn''t it??? [;)]

[quote user="...."][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two.

[/quote]

I would expect one at the moment and twoo if we were to sell Clingan (as expected).

We have spent nothing thus far and also so far the fans have invested more money than our board of directors (with or without the rebate issue).

We know that Fougler has more money, we know that the new directors have invested little and what have Delia & Wynn Jones invested this year to make sure that NCFC bounce back at the first attempt?

You are probably right that I may of ripped Jackson to shreds if we had of signed him from Rushden a year ago.  I however think that I would not of ripped him to shreds but would of instead ripped our boardroom members to shreds if he was the only striker that we brought in that summer.  I have nothing against us bringing free transfers in and in our current predicament this has to be done.  We do however need a sprinkling of quality and some money spent on a striker or two that we can rely on to hit the back of the net and offer a bit of a wow factor.

[/quote]

So why have a go at Theo? Theo wasnt a striker the last time I looked....
[/quote]

Not having a go at him.

I wanted us to sign somebody that would allow Rudd to be brought in to the team and play a few games this season.

With Theo however, I believe that Rudd will become our number one sooner than anticipated and that Rudd will play more games than Theo does for us this season possibly.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="...."][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two. to think otherwise is a bit silly. [/quote]

[/quote]So why have a go at Theo? Theo wasnt a striker the last time I looked....[/quote]

Not having a go at him.

I wanted us to sign somebody that would allow Rudd to be brought in to the team and play a few games this season.

With Theo however, I believe that Rudd will become our number one sooner than anticipated and that Rudd will play more games than Theo does for us this season possibly.

[/quote]Are you going to any games next year mate? Instead of criticising every single player that dare put pen to paper for us why not let them prove themselves to us and THEN criticise them.... just an idea.Out of interest which of our signings do you rate?

[quote user="Smudger"]

haha the same old clowns saying what a lovely looking squad we are building up on paper... [:$]

Would rather see Rudd in goal than this Theokilitis and fully expect to see him there after a month or two of the season has passed.

As for us building up some bidget to sign not one but two strikers in your dreams...  If they do then they will be of the same sub standard rubbish that we have here already.

How the club have scrimped and scraped through the last few years, nothing short of them bringing in Lambert plus one other exciting Striker like Simeon Jackson from Gillingham will be good enough.

Thanks to you lot applauding any dreadful signing we make, we now lack quality all over the park and have a team that will struggle whatever League it is playing in.

[/quote]

Are you for real Smudger? I mean, are you an actual real life person, or a bot like I am a banana?

If you are real, you are the most one track minded individual I have ever had the pleasure to well..... I cant really say ''know'' but encounter... Do you play the same record over and over again in your car? just a thought, you know...... you play the same record over and over again.

As a child I once bought a single, you will probably know it, called ''Whatever'' by Oasis. I loved that track, until I had played it too much. In fact I think I played it about ten times in a row. After playing it far too many times, I got bored of that record and never played it again until very recently when going through my cd collection.

The same applies to you. Very very boring, might be ok if you dissapeared for ten years and then came back for an hour or two.....

We did not spend £800k on a signing in the champrionship last season,  why do you think that we will this season when the budget is so much tighter and we struggle to meet the players wages even after the sales of Marshall and probably Clingan.

When HUddersfield wont sign the coventry striker for £750k as he is too expensive and unproven when they can afford it,  any fan expecting nay demanding players worth over £500k are going to be disappointed come kick off. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two.

[/quote] On one hand your saying Gunn is keeping all his budget to sign two good strikers , then you are saying we cannot afford two good strikers , make your mind up .My guess would be with Cureton,McDonald and Martin already on the books we will end up with one cheap old donkey like Alan Lee , nobody does cheap like this football club .
[/quote]

We all know this is going to be the case don''t we?

We will not pay enough for Dickinson, have failed to sign Warren Feeney and are looking unlikely to sign Grant Holt.

We have no interest in spending some money on the proven quality and flair at this level which would see us challenge for promotion (Lambert and Jackson).

The only option left is of course Fat Boy Lee who loves Norwcih City FC isn''t it??? [;)]

[/quote]

Warren Feeney has an awful goalscoring record, much worse than Cureton''s, and yet Alan Lee isn''t good enough? I would take Alan Lee over Warren Feeney any day of the week. And I say that as somebody that isn''t in the slightest bit excited by the prospect of Alan Lee up front.

Feeney signed for Leeds because he spent 4 years there as a kid. Just like Cureton would have turned down Leeds to join Norwich.

And you know it.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]pretty much agree with that smudger. Although if sammy goes we will need to sign a replacement as well as a new striker. Simeon is top quality and will rip L1 to bits. I am amazed a championship club hasn''t come in for him.

[quote user="The Chirp"]
Simeon is top quality and will rip L1 to bits. I am amazed a championship club hasn''t come in for him.
[/quote]

Agree but got to be near 1 mil asking price, I mentioned jackson about a week ago he would be superb for us, but his perofrmance in the cup against villa/fulham? brought a lot of attention to him. Couple of others i think we should look at are Albert Adomah, quality young right winger currently at Barnet, able to play with both feet and has a great knack at finding the player whenever he crosses as well as Danny Livesey replacing Dejan as his wages must be high.

never heard of livesey, will look out for him.Norwich''s only chance would be to offer say 800k upfront, chris martin and add ons. I think it is unlikely.

[quote user="...."][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="...."][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add... I think the board if they dug deep could afford one decent striker (valued at the 800k mark) but not two.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So why have a go at Theo? Theo wasnt a striker the last time I looked....
[/quote]

Not having a go at him.

[/quote]

Are you going to any games next year mate? Instead of criticising every single player that dare put pen to paper for us why not let them prove themselves to us and THEN criticise them.... just an idea.

Out of interest which of our signings do you rate?
[/quote]

I think that Nelson was a useful addition at centre half and would prefer to see him given a run in the side alongside Stefanovic at the expense of Doherty.

Other than that Tudor Jones may come good if he can prove himself and stay injury free.

We have not brought anybody in as yet that we know that we can rely on to do a job for us though.  Forgive me, but when making a signing I thought the whole idea was making an improvement on what you have at the club already?  It seems that NCFC''s idea on signing players is still centred around allowing a blind man to throw as many darts as he can (the cheap darts with the plastic flights at that) and hoping that one of them may just strike lucky.

We will be lucky if one of the 4 signings we have brought in so far improves our squad, extremely lucky if two of them do.

We need to spend money to bring proven quality in.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Smudger"]

haha the same old clowns saying what a lovely looking squad we are building up on paper... [:$]

Would rather see Rudd in goal than this Theokilitis and fully expect to see him there after a month or two of the season has passed.

As for us building up some bidget to sign not one but two strikers in your dreams...  If they do then they will be of the same sub standard rubbish that we have here already.

How the club have scrimped and scraped through the last few years, nothing short of them bringing in Lambert plus one other exciting Striker like Simeon Jackson from Gillingham will be good enough.

Thanks to you lot applauding any dreadful signing we make, we now lack quality all over the park and have a team that will struggle whatever League it is playing in.

[/quote]

Are you for real Smudger? I mean, are you an actual real life person, or a bot like I am a banana?

If you are real, you are the most one track minded individual I have ever had the pleasure to well..... I cant really say ''know'' but encounter... Do you play the same record over and over again in your car? just a thought, you know...... you play the same record over and over again.

As a child I once bought a single, you will probably know it, called ''Whatever'' by Oasis. I loved that track, until I had played it too much. In fact I think I played it about ten times in a row. After playing it far too many times, I got bored of that record and never played it again until very recently when going through my cd collection.

The same applies to you. Very very boring, might be ok if you dissapeared for ten years and then came back for an hour or two.....

[/quote]

I have a very large and varied CD Collection thanks very much... Everybody with taste knows that Oasis are very dull [;)]

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

pretty much agree with that smudger. Although if sammy goes we will need to sign a replacement as well as a new striker.

Simeon is top quality and will rip L1 to bits. I am amazed a championship club hasn''t come in for him.
[/quote]

Let us not forget that Simeon Jackson has only done it at Conference and Div 2 level so far.

The next step up is Div 1 which we will soon see how he gets on for the promoted Gills this year unless of course somebody comes in for him.  He does however have a couple of years left to run on his contract to run and I know that the Gills chairman appears to have some ambition so will be keen to hang on to his top players.  You are probably right that it would take the best part of £1 million to prise him away.  I reckon they would be looking at £750k min... worth an enquiry though.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]
[/quote]

Agree but got to be near 1 mil asking price, I mentioned jackson about a week ago he would be superb for us, but his perofrmance in the cup against villa/fulham? brought a lot of attention to him. Couple of others i think we should look at are Albert Adomah, quality young right winger currently at Barnet, able to play with both feet and has a great knack at finding the player whenever he crosses as well as Danny Livesey replacing Dejan as his wages must be high.

[/quote]

Interesting, will have to keep my eye out for him this coming season... [;)]

[quote user="The Chirp"]never heard of livesey, will look out for him.

Norwich''s only chance would be to offer say 800k upfront, chris martin and add ons. I think it is unlikely.

[/quote]

So why not £1.6 million on the table for Lambert and Jackson then to signal a serious promotion push and unite the fans?

It would show that this board of directors are serious about making up for the errors made over the last few years.

We should already have enough to sign one of them from the money the fans and Fougler put in from the rebates?

Surely the new directors or Smith & Jones can finance the other?

Alternatively, if Clingan is to be sold then lets re-invest what we get for him in a striker (and bring in another free transfer in midfield if we feel we need more back up there).

Let us not forget that we had cash for Marshall and do not have have Croft''s wages to pay anymore.

I would expect a couple of quality signings at least, with or without the sale of Clingan if we really wanted to show ambition. 

If Clingan is sold then I would say anything less than two proven signings is disgusting.

it''s a strong view smudger but and i am not knocking it... I just think it is unlikely that the board can afford to sump up say 600k of their own funds plus the signing on fees etc...  I mean i totally agree it would really show our intentions and that we must have more money than norwich are letting on. We obviously need investment and in the meantime i think Foulgar needs to show us that his talk isn''t just talk... Does anyone know how much all the loan signings cost Norwich over all? Could they still be paying off all the loan deals? No matter what, norwich need to put most of their money into the sharp end of the team. If we''re not promoted in two seasons then we''re in real trouble*. Better pay now than lose more money in the long run by being in League one for 3 or 4 maybe 5 years. * sure people will pick up on this bit... This league is a lot harder to get out of than some people think. Even with a different manager and money it wouldn''t guarentee success... This league is a hard slog where everything has to come together... even then a bit of luck is required.

Many people are harping on about us needing a right-winger, which really goes without saying, but somebody pray tell me, who is the ''formidable'' left-winger currently on the books?

wes hoolahan. after that i would say Lappin and then matty patty.one flat  winger (wes) and then one attacking winger... (right side) a lot of clubs play this way. 

[quote user="The Chirp"]wes hoolahan. after that i would say Lappin and then matty patty.one flat  winger (wes) and then one attacking winger... (right side) a lot of clubs play this way.  [/quote]

Yes, we''ve been playing that way (with one winger cutting inside, sometimes both) for several seasons and look where it''s gotten us. Too many sides get found out playing that system, and it''s more usual for teams to actually play those tactics once they''ve established a lead.The option of two pacey out & out wingers is a must in any successful squad.

[quote user="The Chirp"]it''s a strong view smudger but and i am not knocking it... I just think it is unlikely that the board can afford to sump up say 600k of their own funds plus the signing on fees etc...

I mean i totally agree it would really show our intentions and that we must have more money than norwich are letting on. We obviously need investment and in the meantime i think Foulgar needs to show us that his talk isn''t just talk...

Does anyone know how much all the loan signings cost Norwich over all? Could they still be paying off all the loan deals?

No matter what, norwich need to put most of their money into the sharp end of the team.

If we''re not promoted in two seasons then we''re in real trouble*.

Better pay now than lose more money in the long run by being in League one for 3 or 4 maybe 5 years.

* sure people will pick up on this bit... This league is a lot harder to get out of than some people think. Even with a different manager and money it wouldn''t guarentee success... This league is a hard slog where everything has to come together... even then a bit of luck is required.
[/quote]

Blimey, how close was I with how much these two players would cost?

Gunny actually saved us some money on bringing in Holty instead of Rickie Lambert though... jobs a good un!

Whatever hapened to Dickinson and Alan Lee??? lol

[quote user="Smudger"]

Blimey, how close was I with how much these two players would cost?

Gunny actually saved us some money on bringing in Holty instead of Rickie Lambert though... jobs a good un!

Whatever hapened to Dickinson and Alan Lee??? lol

[/quote]

Whatever happened to the Norwich Two?

you dragged up a thread from nearly two years ago to show you were right!?

Well done.