Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

just over 19,000 at reading tonight...

And we loaned two players from them through the season to get relegated.  [:$]Says it all really.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="The Chirp"]that is terrible!![/quote]

But they are playing championship we are league 1.......wake up![/quote]excuse me? wake up??? um okay! I was mentioning it as it''s pretty terrible that the reading fans don''t even bother to show up in a game as important as that! Ah well...

That really is bizarre! I don''t get it for a minute. Maybe they knew something about the result before hand???

[quote user="Romantic"]That really is bizarre! I don''t get it for a minute. Maybe they knew something about the result before hand???[/quote]look at their home record this year... worse than ours! Not won there since January!

Yeah I know but a play off semi...? If I lived in Reading and didn''t usually attend I''d have gone along just to see the shenanigans afterwards etc''.

What you''ve got to realise is that Reading fans are of a different mindset to Norwich fans who turn up come what may.

The club''s following has always been relatively fickle and it was only in the 90s that attendances started to increase from around 7,000 to our average this season which was touching 20,000.

The support at Reading is softer in that it is closer to London. Stand on Reading railway station on a saturday morning and witness the hundreds of Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, and particularly Chelsea, fans on the way to their respective games after a 20 minute train ride from Reading to Paddington.

Combine that with tickets for last night''s play off game being £26, it being on the telly, and a general and depressing belief by most Reading fans that we wouldn''t win in the play offs (last night was the fourth play offs the club has qualified for and lost in, two in the final), the atrocious home form, no win in the last nine home games, and it is enough to turn off several thousand supporters who would normally go. 

[quote user="norfolk royal"]

What you''ve got to realise is that Reading fans are of a different mindset to Norwich fans who turn up come what may.

The club''s following has always been relatively fickle and it was only in the 90s that attendances started to increase from around 7,000 to our average this season which was touching 20,000.

The support at Reading is softer in that it is closer to London. Stand on Reading railway station on a saturday morning and witness the hundreds of Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, and particularly Chelsea, fans on the way to their respective games after a 20 minute train ride from Reading to Paddington.

Combine that with tickets for last night''s play off game being £26, it being on the telly, and a general and depressing belief by most Reading fans that we wouldn''t win in the play offs (last night was the fourth play offs the club has qualified for and lost in, two in the final), the atrocious home form, no win in the last nine home games, and it is enough to turn off several thousand supporters who would normally go. 

[/quote]

If the fans can''t be arsed to turn up to a play off semi final then they can''t be real fans anyway! If Norwich were about to play in a play off semi & I didn''t have a ticket I''d be almost suicidal!!

ah so i am not the only one who found this strange then... You''d think even if their ''fans'' weren''t happy at playing championship football that they would turn out in force for a game that might get them back in the prem... I remember watching reading in the playoff final when they had shaka hislop in goal... a lot''s happened to reading between now and then! I wonder who they''ll get in as manager now that coppell has left? big boots to fill and all that...

I remember going to the last game played at Elm Park, quite a decrepit old ground but had a lot of character.  Reminded me a bit of Kenilworth Road or the Abbey when they were all terracing behind the goals.I believe Reading had been relegated to the third flight and we were in mid table safety.  I thought at the time that we were leagues ahead of the them it terms of ground, facilities and the team on the pitch.My God, how things have changed in eleven years or so......