Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

How far down in the table before Gunn is sacked?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]But we do have the god given right to have a proper manager at the club , not some clown who has got the job because he will lick Delias arse .
[/quote]

And where will this proper manager get new players from? There''s no money, there have been no youth players becoming regular first team players for years and there will be a lot of dross left at the club that somehow the management team will have to try to get something out of.

Whether a new manager would be better or not realise that it is not going to happen. Bryan Gunn is the manager of Norwich City football club and as such he will be given the opportunity to do the job. If he cocks it up then I will join you and ask for him to be sacked. But that is not going to happen before the season starts or before he tries to get us out of the enormous mess we are in, that he did not create.

[/quote]

If he cocks it up?.....Present, or past tense?

[/quote]

IF he cocks up all the changes that will inevitably have to take place. We need to minimise our loan players (personally I want the loan system banned as it only makes the rich richer and penalises all poorer clubs like us), we need to get new players in, we need new pay structures, we need to develop the youth players we have got and we need to plan for the future. Whoever the new manager is or was these changes would still be needed. Read the post ........ HE HAS BEEN APPOINTED ........ understand that ..... IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. Stop looking backwards.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]He may have been appointed , but he can and will be just as easily removed.
[/quote]

You got a spare 10 million in your back pocket or have a friend who has?

If your entire life is based on argueing against decisions that have been made instead of trying to make the most of them you are going to have a very difficult time of it.

Yes there are managers who I might have prefered to Bryan Gunn but that is too late now. Now is the time for support of the club, not necessarily the owners but certainly the manager as he is paramount to what happens to the team.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we are not in the top 6 after 10 games he has to go , ideally somebody should see sense and sack him now before the season starts but while the drunks running the club that wont happen.
[/quote]

Agreed, he should not see the start of the season as manager. If he does then we are f*cked before we begin!

[/quote]

When are some people in here going to stop wallowing in self pity and look at a bit of realism.

What makes you think Norwich City has a God-given right to be a successful club. On the playing front I can never remember the players at the club at the moment ever being so poor. Gunn has inherited a squad of no-hopers where only a few stand out as being reasonable. They are the ones that their agents will make sure leave for greener pastures and the club cannot stop that. What he has left are players that, if I am honest, I would not want to see in a Norwich shirt again. This means the club has to get one hell of a lot of new players for next season ..... and then you expect them to be league winners overnight! Grow up! Look at the problems that we have, look at what can be done and realise that if we make the play offs next season that will be one hell of an achievement, not failure, not the minimum to be expected, not the right that you think we have because we are Norwich City.

[/quote]the fans deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Oh dear.  And you think Leeds United''s fans, Southampton''s fans, Charlton''s fans, Huddersfield''s fan don''t deserve it? Be realistic.

[/quote]Oh dear!!!! so you dont think we deserve success???????? im not saying we will get it but we deserve it...and i bet thats what leeds,saints and charlton fans are saying!!!

Depends on two variables.

IF the present board remain and appoint a few yes men, then he''ll stay -

or move upstairs and the guy running the ticket office will be our new manager.

IF - change really does happen on the board then I would hope that accountability at all levels is addressed. To this end I would expect a manager with experience in getting a team promoted from the lower leagues is appointed immediately.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Depends on two variables. IF the present board remain and appoint a few yes men, then he''ll stay - or move upstairs and the guy running the ticket office will be our new manager. IF - change really does happen on the board then I would hope that accountability at all levels is addressed. To this end I would expect a manager with experience in getting a team promoted from the lower leagues is appointed immediately.[/quote]

And in the meantime ..... negativity or support?

If the changes are made and those decisions made then I would support the new man as he will be responsible for the welfare and performance of the team ..... and it is the team that we support, not the owners!

At the moment we have a manager who is not going to be sacked, certainly not before the season starts, until he has shown, from this point in time, that he is the wrong man for the job. Alternatively he could prove to be the right choice ....... are we all still going to be disappointed then? If he finishes in 2nd place and did get promotion will we get people writing on here to say that if Ince had been manager we would have won the title? The only positive thing we can do at this time is to offer the team support.

The amount of negativity that is being shown can only be extremely harmful to the club.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]But we do have the god given right to have a proper manager at the club , not some clown who has got the job because he will lick Delias arse .
[/quote]

And where will this proper manager get new players from? There''s no money, there have been no youth players becoming regular first team players for years and there will be a lot of dross left at the club that somehow the management team will have to try to get something out of.

Whether a new manager would be better or not realise that it is not going to happen. Bryan Gunn is the manager of Norwich City football club and as such he will be given the opportunity to do the job. If he cocks it up then I will join you and ask for him to be sacked. But that is not going to happen before the season starts or before he tries to get us out of the enormous mess we are in, that he did not create.

[/quote]

[/quote]

IF he cocks up all the changes that will inevitably have to take place. We need to minimise our loan players (personally I want the loan system banned as it only makes the rich richer and penalises all poorer clubs like us), we need to get new players in, we need new pay structures, we need to develop the youth players we have got and we need to plan for the future. Whoever the new manager is or was these changes would still be needed. Read the post ........ HE HAS BEEN APPOINTED ........ understand that ..... IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. Stop looking backwards.

[/quote]

But he''s already cocked....UP! It''s the club and the Control Freaks at the helm that are taking the club backwards....We are in the 3rd Division for the first time in 49 years.....Until Delia and her cohorts step down or are removed, we will continue to go backwards.

They don''t want a buyer, they want investment - or some group or individuals to give them finance so they can carry on doing what they haven''t a fricken clue at what they''re doing. Now, bar that nice bloke Carl Moore....Who else in their right mind would give cash to a incompetent group of so-called business people?...(apart from the fans)....

If folk like myself demand their rebate from their season tickets, it may force their obstinate hand and unlock their siege mentality and allow serious change at NCFC....WE have 3 short months to enforce change, and the only thing that makes Delia and Co sit up and take notice is... "Demand your rebate and enforce CHANGE!"

''DEBUNK THE DELIA BRAND!''

Yellow Wall

Depends on what changes they are. To keep Gunn (under Delia and with her track record) is suicide anyway.

I think you can take it as read that we support the team, otherwise we would all be doing something else with our time. Like taking up golf, flower arranging or wandering around the shops. So...

IF Gunn is the right man and we get off to a great start and he builds a team who play for the shirt then fair enough, I think most of us will hold our hands up and say, we were wrong. It would be great wouldn''t it, one of Delia''s cheap and easy options actually working!

The likelihood of finishing 2nd is not really feasible is it? When are we going to build a team (and a team who are able to play together and interpret the manager''s tactics to the letter). I am more than concerned that even if we managed to collect 16 players do Gunn and co have the ability to motivate them?

So forgive me, maybe I have been around too long and set my standards a bit higher than Delia and her legions of very easily pleased fans.

Negative, whatever. What''s really a lot more harmful to the club is apathy or acceptance. The year on year acceptance of mediocrity - of just accepting we will never be more than a mid table Championship side. Oh dear, we are not even that anymore. So we should be pleased to be gracing the Third Division again should we? As for support, that''s getting more and more difficult. Singing myself hoarse so I can''t speak for days, but for how long. It''s not easy to motivate yourself when few join in and the football is marginally more exciting than watching paint dry.

You may well be able to see the bright side in this, but unless real change comes and soon, we are fated to fall even lower in the footballing world, in terms of league position, debt and eventually more and more fans will walk away.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

those whingeing need to remember the players Gunn bought in, Lee and Mooney stand out, Leijer wasn''t bad.... more of the same and we can do ok under him.

jas :)

[/quote]

Did you not watch the games jas,we were pathetic at times and Gunn had no clue,arms folded and standing alone on the sideline!! His appointment is a joke and so is the board!!!

[/quote]

Us City fans seem to have a thing about our managers arms. Maybe this obsession has been the reason for the boards recent spate of poor appointments. Worthy used to stand arms folded We didn''t like that so obviously the board  listened to the fans and found a manager who never kept his arms still ... former City manager Peter Grant ... If anything we liked the arm waving and pointing even less so the next interview panel looked for someone that would give them the best of both worlds. Glen Roeder was appointed mainly for his ability to keep one arm inactive whilst being animated with the other But we like this even less so maybe this time the board said ''Richard Balls to the fans'' We''ve tried to please them but some people are just impossible to pleaseNorwich City legend Bryan Gunn ... So arms folded it is and we should never have got rid of it in the first place [;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But he''s already cocked....UP! It''s the club and the Control Freaks at the helm that are taking the club backwards....We are in the 3rd Division for the first time in 49 years.....Until Delia and her cohorts step down or are removed, we will continue to go backwards.

They don''t want a buyer, they want investment - or some group or individuals to give them finance so they can carry on doing what they haven''t a fricken clue at what they''re doing. Now, bar that nice bloke Carl Moore....Who else in their right mind would give cash to a incompetent group of so-called business people?...(apart from the fans)....

If folk like myself demand their rebate from their season tickets, it may force their obstinate hand and unlock their siege mentality and allow serious change at NCFC....WE have 3 short months to enforce change, and the only thing that makes Delia and Co sit up and take notice is... "Demand your rebate and enforce CHANGE!"

''DEBUNK THE DELIA BRAND!''

[/quote]

Brill!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sorry, Nutty, even with photos (very good by the way) you are nowhere near Mello, not yet, but keep trying![/quote]

Rumour has it I was near mello on Thursday though.....

I don''t know if you were Nutty, but hey, you and old Mr Waxing Crescents got on like a house on fire. Now that was amazing to see. lol

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sorry, Nutty, even with photos (very good by the way) you are nowhere near Mello, not yet, but keep trying![/quote]

[/quote]

Gees I missed an opportunity to say hello to Mello........I''m gutted. He''s more entertaining than any NCFC team this season

[/quote]

Did I look like this?  or this?  or this?  or this?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I don''t know if you were Nutty, but hey, you and old Mr Waxing Crescents got on like a house on fire. Now that was amazing to see. lol[/quote]

What is really amazing is how some posters on this board think fans with different views can''t get along together. I''m afraid it says more about them really. I sat with bigfeller and was a real pleasure to be talking about football and our club with him So much so it was a slight disappointment when the meeting started. I have lost count how many posters from this board I have met and have got on really well with practically all of them. Must be getting on for 30 I should think. Only on a couple of occasions have they found out who I was and and been stand offish.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Did I look like this?  or this?  or this?  or this?

[/quote]

Never got a proper look but this is close from memory

Nutty, sorry mate, you are so easy to wind up! I apologise and wholeheartedly agree with you! I have met some great people from this very messageboard, some are my dearest friends! (That includes you by the way - yuk!). Good grief my ex was even there on Thursday night and we managed to be civil to each other....

As for Shaun (Bigfeller) we talked for over 3 hours on relegation day! He has an amazing memory and obvious love for NCFC. It''s amazing that despite the turmoil our club is in, we can gather strength from meeting up and doing things other than sitting behind our keyboards. Bet Delaney''s wish NCISA had meetings every night. lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty, sorry mate, you are so easy to wind up! I apologise and wholeheartedly agree with you! I have met some great people from this very messageboard, some are my dearest friends! (That includes you by the way - yuk!). Good grief my ex was even there on Thursday night and we managed to be civil to each other.... As for Shaun (Bigfeller) we talked for over 3 hours on relegation day! He has an amazing memory and obvious love for NCFC. It''s amazing that despite the turmoil our club is in, we can gather strength from meeting up and doing things other than sitting behind our keyboards. Bet Delaney''s wish NCISA had meetings every night. lol[/quote]

Now young Gazza.. have you ever seen me wound up? I''m the same on here as away from here. It''s very unlikely to happen really[;)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Worthington - why was he ever manager?[/quote]

Because of his success at Blackpool?

Shame it was neccessary to replace his name with Delia''s. Wasn''t that the in thing to do back in the day[:^)]

[8]Worthington''s green & yell.... [:#] Shut it!!!![:@]

[8] Delia''s Barmy Army [H][ip]

He may or may not have been a half decent manager, but he could make a grand cup of coffee. He''s much missed on a rainly day at Colney, eh Nutty?

Couldn''t fault his coffee making effort and committment...

knowhatimean[;)]

[/quote]

I believe he can still make coffee and he seems, temporarily at least, to have got to grips with  the football.............[;)]

He''ll get the season. It won''t be until at least 2010/2011 before theres any chance of him being dismissed.

Now that hes here I''ll send him all the luck in the world to get it right, but unfortunately I can only see another dismal season as he won''t be backed by the board and he lacks any kind of real experience.