Sign in to follow this  
Paperclip

What's with all this official statement thing from people?

Mine will be short and to the point - NO TO GUNN! Sorry Bryan but I think you should be moved up to the boardroom, and become the liaison between the board and new management. An executive director to oversee the "Football Department" (c) Robert Chase , but not as a director of football in the style of  B.Hamilton who would have sent us to the third division nine years earlier if the players hadn''t voted him out. The majority shareholders would have kept him.But remember, the board will, as soon as they have something to say, let us know. Seven hours in a crisis meeting and that''s the best they can muster up for now? I hope that the upcoming NCISA meeting might light a fire under some of the boardroom seats because doing nothing is simply not an option right now. We need to know exactly how they plan to make their promised changes and regain the trust of many supporters who no longer have confidence in their leadership.

[quote user="Paperclip"]Mine will be short and to the point - NO TO GUNN! Sorry Bryan but I think you should be moved up to the boardroom, and become the liaison between the board and new management. An executive director to oversee the "Football Department" (c) Robert Chase , but not as a director of football in the style of  B.Hamilton who would have sent us to the third division nine years earlier if the players hadn''t voted him out. The majority shareholders would have kept him.

But remember, the board will, as soon as they have something to say, let us know. Seven hours in a crisis meeting and that''s the best they can muster up for now? I hope that the upcoming NCISA meeting might light a fire under some of the boardroom seats because doing nothing is simply not an option right now. We need to know exactly how they plan to make their promised changes and regain the trust of many supporters who no longer have confidence in their leadership.
[/quote]

YOu have to give these people time to sort out the way forward - the season has just ended ffs

Have to give them time, just how much time, isn''t 12 years long enough? The board have presided over the worst period in living memory and you want to give them more time? Just how low do you want us to sink?

Time for action now, not the summer, not next season, now.

Agreed Gazza, especially more to the point, they had FOUR SEASONS since our recent downfall from the premier league to get us back on track and they only ended up going a long way backwards. It''s strange, after all the Worthy Out business, we finished dramatically lower every season since his departure than during his whole time in charge of us!

Getting boring now all these postings saying the same thing - no to gunn - we wont have any say in the matter anyway and certainly this message board representing a minority of the supporters that attend carrow road will not have any sway whatsoever - I think we have got the picture now regarding posters on here feelings towards Gunn and whilst I do advocate a new manager lets just give him some space and stop knocking the man

[quote user="Bomber"]Getting boring now all these postings saying the same thing - no to gunn - we wont have any say in the matter anyway and certainly this message board representing a minority of the supporters that attend carrow road will not have any sway whatsoever - I think we have got the picture now regarding posters on here feelings towards Gunn and whilst I do advocate a new manager lets just give him some space and stop knocking the man[/quote]i agree!

[quote user="Bomber"]Getting boring now all these postings saying the same thing - no to gunn - we wont have any say in the matter anyway and certainly this message board representing a minority of the supporters that attend carrow road will not have any sway whatsoever - I think we have got the picture now regarding posters on here feelings towards Gunn and whilst I do advocate a new manager lets just give him some space and stop knocking the man[/quote]I haven''t knocked the man - far from it. I said I believe he would be better suited to an executive role in the boardroom, responsible for overseeing the whole playing structure from the academy to the first team. It would bring a football man to serve in the boardroom which is one of the issues fans have been calling for.

Think the 15 or so jokey ''''official statements '''' have sprung up because people are bored!!!!

[quote user="Disturbed"]

[quote user="Paperclip"]Mine will be short and to the point - NO TO GUNN! Sorry Bryan but I think you should be moved up to the boardroom, and become the liaison between the board and new management. An executive director to oversee the "Football Department" (c) Robert Chase , but not as a director of football in the style of  B.Hamilton who would have sent us to the third division nine years earlier if the players hadn''t voted him out. The majority shareholders would have kept him.

But remember, the board will, as soon as they have something to say, let us know. Seven hours in a crisis meeting and that''s the best they can muster up for now? I hope that the upcoming NCISA meeting might light a fire under some of the boardroom seats because doing nothing is simply not an option right now. We need to know exactly how they plan to make their promised changes and regain the trust of many supporters who no longer have confidence in their leadership.
[/quote]

YOu have to give these people time to sort out the way forward - the season has just ended ffs

[/quote]

We were under the threat of relegation (only escaped by the skin of a featherlite last season - and the warning signs were more than evident then).....Contingency plans should have been in place, (not just for the relegation either). Unfortunately, our board (of only 5 strong) have continually demonstrated their inabilities and incompetence, and it''s why we are - where we are. Bleating ''In hindsight'' doesn''t cut with me.....and in any other business sector, they''d have an Alan Sugar type pointing his finger at them and saying...."You''re FIRED!"