Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Your ins and outs

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="MyGodThisIsRubbish"]

A new Right back is a must, so maybe someone out of contract from a Premier League youth system? We''ve already seen what Middlesbrough can produce with the likes of Matt Bates and Johnny Grounds, surely there are some not so good players there? Alternatively, we could re-sign Andy Hughes...

[/quote]

For a moment there you sounded like you knew what you were talking about! Andy Hughes???!!!??? [:D][:)][:)][:D]
[/quote]

Unfortunately, even Bold text couldn''t convey my sarcasm...

Out - Gunn

In - physical committed strong players with leadership qualities.

out - croft ( unfortunately ) clingan, lappin, cureton, cort, otsemobor

keep - hoolahan, russell, marshall, doc, pattison, stefanovic

in - billy clarke ( ipswich ) tommy rowe ( stockport ) darren purse ( cardiff ) simon cox ( swindon )

i think though that players like marshall, clingan, hoolahan etc should look at themselves though if the oppurtunity to move arrises and think that the reason we are relegated is as much down them as the inept board. i hope some show loyalty and a willingness to repay us fans and try help us get back

For me we need a mix of experienced old pro''s and kids from lower leagues with an urge so my in and outs are

Outs

Bryan Gunn: great bloke but not a manager

Sammy Clingan: Would love to keep him but won''t

David Marshall: A calamity worst keeper in league and if teams want him good

Jon Otsemebor: Just poor scared to attack and can''t defend

Wes Hoolahan: Cash in showed brilliance but was inconsistent

Lee Croft: Done deal

Ins

Dennis Wise: A superb manager at this level and would love the challenge like Millwalll or leeds

Adebayo Akinfenwa: Northampton striker a goal machine for a rubbish league 1 team would work wonders at us

Alan Lee: Showed commitment no one could and loves the club and the area

Nathaniel Knight-Percival: Histon winger a superb player with good pace and does simple things well

Darren Moore: Barnsley want rid and to me a great defender who would be excellent at this level

Anwar Uddin: Dagenham captain a solid defender with real ability and solid in the lower leagues

Richard Eckersley: A season long loan for this kid from Man Utd would be keen as mustard and is the real deal

Rickie Lambert: Probably won''t happen but think he is a quality finsher probably best in league

Henri Lansbury: Arsenal kid has fired scunthorpe into playoff another who would be a great loanee

My team would be

Rudd

Uddin                        Doherty                                          Moore                                    Eckersley

Lansbury                    Adeyemi                                        Russell                                    Knight-percival

Lee                                                Lambert

Subs: Nelson, Dejan, Drury, Dumic, Lathrope, Pattison, Akinfenwa, Mcdonald, Lappin, Smith, Daley ,Renton and some more current squad players

For me we need a mix of experienced old pro''s and kids from lower leagues with an urge so my in and outs are

Outs

Bryan Gunn: great bloke but not a manager

Sammy Clingan: Would love to keep him but won''t

David Marshall: A calamity worst keeper in league and if teams want him good

Jon Otsemebor: Just poor scared to attack and can''t defend

Wes Hoolahan: Cash in showed brilliance but was inconsistent

Lee Croft: Done deal

Ins

Dennis Wise: A superb manager at this level and would love the challenge like Millwalll or leeds

Adebayo Akinfenwa: Northampton striker a goal machine for a rubbish league 1 team would work wonders at us

Alan Lee: Showed commitment no one could and loves the club and the area

Nathaniel Knight-Percival: Histon winger a superb player with good pace and does simple things well

Darren Moore: Barnsley want rid and to me a great defender who would be excellent at this level

Anwar Uddin: Dagenham captain a solid defender with real ability and solid in the lower leagues

Richard Eckersley: A season long loan for this kid from Man Utd would be keen as mustard and is the real deal

Rickie Lambert: Probably won''t happen but think he is a quality finsher probably best in league

Henri Lansbury: Arsenal kid has fired scunthorpe into playoff another who would be a great loanee

My team would be

Rudd

Uddin                        Doherty                                          Moore                                    Eckersley

Lansbury                    Adeyemi                                        Russell                            Knight-percival

Lee                                                Lambert

Subs: Nelson, Dejan, Drury, Dumic, Lathrope, Pattison, Akinfenwa, Mcdonald, Lappin, Smith, Daley ,Renton and some more current squad players

SORRY PERCIVAL RAN OFF PAGE ON FIRST POST

If we do get loans, and not as cover, then i think i''d only like to see the wings or a fast striker come in. Other areas of the pitch need continuity. Loans with view to a permenant and cover loans i have no problem with, but other than that, it''s just not right.I''ll just do reccomended signingsLoan: Kelvin Etuhu - very bright prospect, know first hand that the lad would prefer to play for a big league 1 club rather than someone like blackpool, and the deal would benefit both, as he''s not getting much of a look in at Man City this year. Can play as right mid or in the hole behind a target man, has a fair bit of pace too and isn''t a lout who''ll go out on the town and get drunkKazenga Lua-lua (if newcastle stay up) - ditto above, looked impressive when i''ve seen him come on for Newcastle, and might consider us if no championship clubs come in for him, perhaps an easier introduction to first team football than the Championship too.Permenant: Alan Lee - From what i''ve seen, he has the commitment and ability to be a key player for us in league 1 next year.Dele Adebola - Could be useful at this level, and is a free transfer.The young lad from Grimsby, defender, forgot his name - has been very good this season, and singlehandedly kept Grimsby in league football, held in very high regard, and at 17, captains England under 19''sJoey Barton- Naah, just kidding!Hope we can persuade Clingan, Doc and Hoolahan to stay, as i feel they will be big players in this league. Clingan was quality at this level with Forest, and will be used to the situation. I''d be happy to give Rudd a go if Marshall does leave. Of the rest of the youth, i''d like to think that Martin, Spillane, Smith, Daley, Adeyemi at least can be blooded into the team this season too, otherwise they might as well not be at the club. Undecided on Otsemoboor, could be our Frank Quedrue! (was useless last year apart from the odd game, but was immense apparently last time he was in league 1, maybe he''ll benefit if we''re not on the back foot all the time)

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

I would say the team next year (from existing players only) will look something like this:

Macdonald       Cureton

Lappin                 Russell              Pattison              Smith

Drury                   Stefanovic        Spillane               Otsemobor

Nelson

Subs: Cort, Martin, Adeyemi, Lathrope, Rudd

I can''t see Marshall staying (although his comments suggest otherwise), as I would expect the board would need to make cuts somewhere. Also we can sadly say goodbye to Croft, Clingan and Hoolahan. If we can hold on to one of those four, we should try and hold on to Clingan, as he is a proven top-class League One player.

It would be good to keep hold of Doherty, as he would be immense in League One, but I would imagine he will probably be sold.

I think Otsemobor could come good in League One - last time he was in this division, with Crewe, he was part of the team of the season.

Pattison is the kind of player we need for League One.

Martin and Spillane should also be battle-hardened from Luton, and I expect them to be regulars next season.

Maybe Cureton will find his level in league one? I wouldn''t bet against it.

We''re stuck with a handful of good, but injury-prone players: Drury, Cort and Stefanovic are all arguably too good for League One, but we can''t rely on them to remain injury-free in a more physical division. So we need to look at finding a new left-back, target man and centre back (assuming Doherty leaves). Lee would be an obvious target man choice, and it sounds like he wants to come here. But can we afford him?

Aside from that, all-round cover is required. Let''s not get loans, but instead bring in some young, hungry players in the Cody Macdonald mould. It wouldn''t harm to get a Dion Dublin-type old head in around the place as well, particularly as I can''t see any natural leaders amongst the current bunch.

There''s always going to be the shadow of a certain Mr Huckerby over the close-season. I think we need to lay this one to rest quickly. The powers that be and Hucks need to decide asap: Will he come or not? Otherwise it will hamstring all other attempts to improve the squad.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]I would suggest if you are thinking about starting with Nelson in goal we''ll be stuffed already!

Rudd             Spillane                Doherty                    Sefanovic     Drury     Etuhu/ Lua-lua             Clingan (please stay!)  Russell        Hoolahan (see Clingan)                                               Lee                  McDonaldSubs:SteerOtsemoboor (see if he can do well in league one, and maybe at right mid)AdeyemiPattison (as long as his wages aren''t massive)SmithDaleyLappinAdebolaMartinwe really do look short with even that tho.

Ins

• Shackell - Wolves want rid of him and this is the club made for him
  • Lee - Wants to stay
  • Martin Taylor-  Not goingto get first team footballl in the prem
  • Experienced Right Mid/ Right back
  • Huckerby- Free in January to give us some flair

Outs

• CroftWould love for him to stay but cant see it happening. Still a chance
  • Clingan- A player too good for our club
  • Otsemobor- Would like to see him stay because i feel he can do good at this level but heard from a source that he is definently off
  • Marshall- Good but incosistent an also heard that he is definently off

Team for next season

Gk-Rudd

New signing-Shackell-Taylor-Drury

New signing-Russell-Smith-Hucks

Cody-Lee

Bench:

• Spillane
  • Cureton
  • Martin
  • Lappin
  • Doherty

So a team of Spillane, Doherty, Macdonald and Martin?

Only one player that has played this season. I know this season has been atrociously bad, but I truly think we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we don''t attempt to achieve at least some degree of continuity. For a start, are we going to be able to attract 20 new players to a club that''s just sacked it''s entire team? I doubt it!

There are players that will have to go, but on the whole almost all the players at this club would be decent League One players if (and it''s a big if!) they can be managed properly and effectively.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Kolin Kob"]

Maybe Cureton will find his level in league one? I wouldn''t bet against it.

[/quote]

I would.

He''s another year older.

And it doesn''t matter what league he''s in, he''s still going to be short, slow and lazy.

[/quote]

I don''t think he''s a lazy player. I think he''s always played well in League One, or whatever it''s been called. And I don''t think he''s the kind of player that is going to lose much with age. It''s not like he''s got any pace to lose!! Besides, he''s the same age as Huckerby!

[/quote]

So a team of Spillane, Doherty, Macdonald and Martin?

Only one player that has played this season. I know this season has been atrociously bad, but I truly think we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we don''t attempt to achieve at least some degree of continuity. For a start, are we going to be able to attract 20 new players to a club that''s just sacked it''s entire team? I doubt it!

There are players that will have to go, but on thealmost all the players at this club would be decent League One players if (and it''s a big if!) they can be managed properly and effectively

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]Marshall - good shot stopper - but like greeno - doesn''t dominate his area - weak on set pieces...VERDICT - CASH IN AND SELL

Otsemobor - runs like the wind - but stands off too far and loses concentration - also he tackles like a girl...unreliable...VERDICT - SELL

Doherty - will do a decent job - but has looked cr@p since jan - shax has been head and shoulders above the doc...VERDICT - RETAIN ON BENCH

Drury - too injury prone and expensive - luxury we can''t afford...VERDICT - GET RID ASAP

Stefanovic - SEE ABOVE (IN SPADES) - VERDICT - GET RID ASAP

Croft - THIS BIRD HAS PROBABLY ALREADY FLOWN...

Russell - perfect now for league 1 - will do well - VERDICT KEEP - BARTER DOWN HIS SALARY WTH EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL COS OF HIS RED CARDS...

Clinghan - CLINKERS WILL WANT TO STAY IN CHAMPS AT LEAST...VERDICT - CASH IN AND SELL...

Hoolahan - too inconsistent - but will want to stay in the champs - VERDICT - CASH IN AND SELL

Lappin - lets hope he finally f****s off our wage bill - VERDICT - GET RID YESTERDAY

Pattison - good enough for league 1 - but will he accept lower salary???  - VERDICT - IF HE WON''T COME DOWN ON HIS WAGE - GET RID PRONTO...

Cureton - ta ta VERDICT - RELEASE PDQ

Cort - who??? - VERDICT - SEND THE **** BACK TO SPANISH LEAGUE 2...

McDonald - had defo promise - VERDICT RETAIN

lee - can the boy score 20 goals??? worried that he blows like a porker after 20 mins on the pitch - are his legs going,,,going,,,gone???  VERDICT - UNDECIDED...

martin - bring the boy back and see how he does pre-season - VERDICT - ONE FOR THE BENCH/SQUAD

spillane - had good reviews at luton - ditto above - VERDICT - ONE FOR THE BENCH/STARTING 11 (depending on how he shapes up pre-season)...

GUNNY - JUST GO MATE - FFS...

OVERALL VERDICT - NOT LOOKING GOOD...Crying [:''(][/quote]