Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Questions re Delia and selling the club.

1. Do you honestly think protesting will make Delia and Co just leave? Just write off all that money? 2 IF they left who do you think would come in to take over? - 2b What makes you think we''ll be better off with them?3 Do you honestly think Delia wants all this trouble anymore? Answer is NO obviously... So you would bet she''s willing to sale...I''ve read a lot of moronic posts on here, people writing bile, crude things like hitting Delia etc... I think the problem is not Delia... she wants to sale.... and she deserves to get money out of selling her share... 4 Would you just leave behind all that money if you were her? - No one is serious enough to buy a football club let alone this football club in a financial crisis. Delia is a public figurehead for people to aim their anger at... some of the things i''ve read on here about her make me ashamed to be a Norwich fan. I think we need new money at the club but i am also a realist. She has believe it or not kept this club running. Without her it would have been dead long ago. However, she has not taken the club forward. It''s going backwards. But i fear this is a sign of the times... We have a ''poor millionairess'' and no one who actually wants to stump up the cash to take over. That is the grim reality. Love her or hate her... i think she and the board are ''babysitting'' this club to keep it alive until someone comes in. Problem is there will come a time when the money completely runs out. People need to remember this.... i am sure most do... it''s just a few of you on here who have a seriously warped view that Delia is actually wanting to keep control of her ''play thing'' (i mean norwich not MWJ!) whatever happens.

You speak a lot of sense. It''s a well known fact Delia is looking for a buyer. The problem is in the current climate there aren''t many about.

Delia herself said some time ago that Norwich needs rich millionaires/billionaires.

I''m sure if the deal was right with someone with lots of money, then she would sell. And we can all hope that buyer is found soon

[quote user="Jim Kent"]You speak a lot of sense. It''s a well known fact Delia is looking for a buyer. The problem is in the current climate there aren''t many about. Delia herself said some time ago that Norwich needs rich millionaires/billionaires. I''m sure if the deal was right with someone with lots of money, then she would sell. And we can all hope that buyer is found soon[/quote]

Is it a well known fact though? Says who?

Please tell me on what terms Keith Harris has been instructed? He expressly stated in a radio interview that he was looking for "investment" but not a new owner.

She may be looking for a buyer but its not a well known fact. i suspect its more likely they are looking for some other mug to put in £2m in return for little or no say over how the club is run!

I''m a cynic but even if you accept Purple''s account then there must be a major doubt as to whether we will ever find a buyer that meets the "criteria" they appear to have set down!

Four replies in and the reasons not to bother with threads like this are already clear. The whole issue is so hedged with entrenched opinions, misinformation and out and out prejudice (on both sides) that it just becomes a waste of everyone''s time. To some people Delia remains a saviour, while to others she is the devil incarnate. The whole £56m for the club issue is regurgitated as if the price was quoted yesterday rather than before the recession, as is the "without her generosity we''d be finished already" argument.

My point, with respect to the OP, is that this is an issue where opinions are fixed and polarised already (as they have been for some time), making any sort of sensible debate (rather than the restatement of fixed positions) impossible.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Four replies in and the reasons not to bother with threads like this are already clear. The whole issue is so hedged with entrenched opinions, misinformation and out and out prejudice (on both sides) that it just becomes a waste of everyone''s time. To some people Delia remains a saviour, while to others she is the devil incarnate. The whole £56m for the club issue is regurgitated as if the price was quoted yesterday rather than before the recession, as is the "without her generosity we''d be finished already" argument.

My point, with respect to the OP, is that this is an issue where opinions are fixed and polarised already (as they have been for some time), making any sort of sensible debate (rather than the restatement of fixed positions) impossible.

[/quote]

And my point is that presumably those who just blindly accept that "Delia wants to sell" the club on the basis of the revelation that keith harris was instructed (conveniently before an AGM thus diffusing any criticism) are the same people that blindly applaud and clap our owners regardless of how shambolic we become on the pitch.

I am sure they are looking for "investment." I am not as convinced they are really looking really hard for a buyer to acquire the club and would be very interested therefore to know on what terms Harris has been instructed.

Sheepshanks wrote to over 30 wealthy potential buyers effectively hawking ITFC around before Evans came in.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Quite.  There have been no new developments on this issue for months, and until there are there''s no reason for people to change their point of view.  I''m quite prepared (and indeed hoping) for events to prove me wrong.  And soon.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]You speak a lot of sense. It''s a well known fact Delia is looking for a buyer. The problem is in the current climate there aren''t many about. Delia herself said some time ago that Norwich needs rich millionaires/billionaires. I''m sure if the deal was right with someone with lots of money, then she would sell. And we can all hope that buyer is found soon[/quote]

Is she Jim? I refuse to believe anything that springs forth from her mouth!

And so far, some 30 odd interested persons are trying to buy Southampton!

The point that I''m not convinced Delia has grasped is that over the last few years, her board (especially Mr How In God''s Name Do I Still Have A Job? Doncaster) has destroyed the worth of the club, through consistent mismanagement and poor decision making. It is absolutely unrealistic for her to expect to get her money back (if that is indeed what she expects) - in fact anything ought to be seen as a bonus.

Until she takes this on board, the club won''t get sold and will continue its decline. I am simply not prepared to believe that there is nobody out there who would buy the club if she put a sensible value on her shares (i.e. something close to zero).

thing is, and it''s what i said in my blog http://www.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspx the board have made decisions that have backfired. I discussed this with someone close to Delia over breakfast recently and i very much got the impression from this person that she was keen to sell. She loves... no sorry, adores this club, but she won''t walk away from it. I would not be suprised if she would accept a lot less now... and maybe this has been put about to people who might buy the club. I like Delia, but know she has to go. Her gamble/decisions have gone bad and she needs to cut her losses and take a lower fee for her seat on the board. What i really dislike is all the comments about her as it''s really poor taste. I asked this person a few questions, about different managers, interviews etc etc... and i can tell you that there were decent answers for all ( i.e on Cullum, on who''s applied for the job/ who didn''t get the managers job etc etc - this is why i think Gunn was our only decent option) but the one thing he couldn''t answer were questions on the handling of the money in the prem season. This part (which i''ve written about in my most recent blog/rubbish as Wizard might call it[:)]) the board really is accountable for. - If they had shown more ambition at this point i am sure we would be far far better off than we are today. FYI Before i get lots of replies wanting to know more on this person who i spoke to about Delia etc... All i will say it''s not made up, no i won''t tell you who it is and yes you''ll have to take my word for it that i''m telling the truth. I have already said too much... sorry.

She is asking far too much. Assuming we get relegated, her shares will be utterly worthless, how much do you think a Division THREE club with £30m debt is actually worth?She needs to realise that while she''s invested, she''s blown her chance to make any money back due to her casual mismanagement of the club itself.Her attitude, poor managerial appointments, willingness to invest in off-pitch activities etc has all resulted in the mess we find ourselves in now.She claims to truly love this club. Well dear, put your money where your mouth is and sell up for nought.After all, that''s what you promised to do didn''t you?