Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Will we stay up?

I hope your right.

I think calling for Nigel to go, as some have already, is a little out of order and premature, plus wouldn''t help much at this stage.  However he has made some shocking errors.

Give Mullers a chance, give Safri another go, give Helveg another go, get Bentley back in there, Shacks too.  Why oh why Henderson?

Heres the team I would like to see:

GK  Green

LB  Charlton

CB  Shacks

CB  Flemming

RB  Helveg

RW Jonson

CM  Francis

CM Mullers

LW  Bentley

ST McKenzie

ST  Svensson

Subs:  Huckerby, McVeigh, Drury, Eddworthy, Safri, Ward  (is that one too many?)

I agree pretty much with your team selection Stevenage. I certainly think alot of our goals have been conceded down drury''s side this season and clearly Holt and Francis are too similar in their style - neither are playmakers. What really concerns me is the man marking and massive voids that appear between our defence and midfield. When watching other teams in the prem including a magic palace tonight - they close down any gaps and get men behind the ball - then they move out quickly from defence as a team with crisp, accurate passing. Until we can start to do that I am afraid it wont matter too much who we put in the starting squad - the end result will be similar. The tactics and style has to improve and the belief needs to return - the ways it looks right now we are heading for meltdown.

[quote]I think if we can keep in touching distance with the rest of the teams then we can buy some quality player/players and possibly scramble to safety? thoughts?[/quote]

bookmakers rarely get things wrong .i think we are going down no doubt about it.on the ball city.

[quote]I hope your right. I think calling for Nigel to go, as some have already, is a little out of order and premature, plus wouldn''t help much at this stage. However he has made some shocking errors. Gi...[/quote]

thank god your not the manager.

Greeno going in January may well be our only hope of staying up as long as the funds are spent on players. We need 3 players to give us any hope and the only way of raising the money needed is to sell Greeno. I''m still not convinced that Arsenal want him anyway so it''s a case of whether or not anyone else is interested. I think theres as much chance of someone coming in for Francis as he''s been by far our best player.

its looking likely! there has to be a certain amount of responsibility laid at the managers door for team selection, signings and tactics but there also has to be a certain amount of responsibility for our predicament taken by the players like how much do we want it, carrying out the tactics, playing for 90 minutes not 45 or even 86!

[quote]thank god your not the manager.[/quote]

thanks for the well structured and thought out repsonse

The idea of a forum is to debate opinions mate, so instead of being sarcastic, why not explain what you think is wrong with my opinion and offer yours, instead of a childish response?   Come on we are all big boys and girls and criticism is what its all about.

The question is will we stay up:

If we can keep in touch with the bottom five come January when the signing of a new player (whoever it may be) could possibly give us some hope then we maybe have a chance.  However I fear that everyone would expect so much of him (like Hux last season) and would this be too much weight on his shoulders.   

If we cannot keep in touch then my biggest fear is that come January the gap will be too big for us to suddenly expect a magnificent turn in form in order to pick up the points in order to catch them up

My heart and gut feeling is that we are simply not good enough.  We are now in the middle of this 10 game spell where people said this is where we need to pick up the points.  So far out of Pompey Everton Man City and Blackburn we have picked up three points from a possible 12.  This is not the kind of points haulage that will keep us up and unless we get this win and improve drastically then I fear the worst.

PS:  We are now a third through the season and have 8 points.  Carry on at this rate and we will be relegated with possibly the lowest points haulage ever.