Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why should Gunn have a job for life?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

No one else has, and watch him get the managers job next season too.

Only at Norwich is failure rewarded![:S]

[/quote]

he will be gone at the end of the season along with delia !!!!!!!

I agree Wiz, I don''t think he should continue next season.I don''t know what the deal with Butterworth, Crooky and Deehan is, but I''d imagine Butterworth and Crook would take over the reigns next season - and in honesty it''s harsh to push Gunn out of the picture, but I think he should go back to his old job!

[quote user="AJ"]I agree Wiz, I don''t think he should continue next season.

I don''t know what the deal with Butterworth, Crooky and Deehan is, but I''d imagine Butterworth and Crook would take over the reigns next season - and in honesty it''s harsh to push Gunn out of the picture, but I think he should go back to his old job!
[/quote]

Why AJ?

In the real world , many poor sods whose employers are in trouble, don''t get a 2nd chance, let alone a 4th!

[quote user="AJ"]I agree Wiz, I don''t think he should continue next season.

I don''t know what the deal with Butterworth, Crooky and Deehan is, but I''d imagine Butterworth and Crook would take over the reigns next season - and in honesty it''s harsh to push Gunn out of the picture, but I think he should go back to his old job!
[/quote]

Which old job is that? You have a pick of several!

[/quote]

FFS Wiz - however, bad things are, it''s not Gunn''s fault.  Taking on the manager''s role when he did was a completely poisonous chalice but he took it anyway coz he loves the club.   He''s doing his best. It might not be good enough but don''t start slatting a legend.

[quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

FFS Wiz - however, bad things are, it''s not Gunn''s fault.  Taking on the manager''s role when he did was a completely poisonous chalice but he took it anyway coz he loves the club.   He''s doing his best. It might not be good enough but don''t start slatting a legend.

[/quote]

Don''t fob or dodge the question Leeds, answer the question, City have quite a few legends, so why don''t we employ them all?

What a curmudgeonly thread. As usual, loads of assumptions being made i.e.

1) that the Board had any alternative realistic, time/cost viable options available at the time of Gunn''s appointment,

2) that an Ince or a Boothroyd would have done any better given the parlous situation and state of the squad when Gunn took over

3) that the management team now in place will fail to avert the club from relegation

4) that, in any case, the management team now in place may possess the potential not only for stability at the club but long term success

Under Roeder we were careering towards the precipice of relegation. Chaos and confusion were the order of the day, we had lost count of the number of loanees Roeder had brought in and out. Loanees were coming in who Roeder hadn''t even seen. The idea that anybody other than Gunn could have come in and successfuly reversed the downward trend that we were on is frankly rather pathetic. Like an oil tanker which has turned its engines off but continues for several more miles before it finally stops the downward spiral that Norwich was on will take time, patience, tolerance and understanding before it can be reversed.

I''m not blaming Gunn, but he should of never of took the job in the first place. He is Mr.Corporate ''Cheese & Biscuits'' man. That is his true place - not a manger of a struggling football club.

Has there ever been a manager as unqualified as Gunn?

What a curmudgeonly thread. As usual, loads of assumptions being made i.e.

1) that the Board had any alternative realistic, time/cost viable options available at the time of Gunn''s appointment,

2) that an Ince or a Boothroyd would have done any better given the parlous situation and state of the squad when Gunn took over

3) that the management team now in place will fail to avert the club from relegation

4) that, in any case, the management team now in place may possess the potential not only for stability at the club but long term success

Under Roeder we were careering towards the precipice of relegation. Chaos and confusion were the order of the day, we had lost count of the number of loanees Roeder had brought in and out. Loanees were coming in who Roeder hadn''t even seen. The idea that anybody other than Gunn could have come in and successfuly reversed the downward trend that we were on is frankly rather pathetic. Like an oil tanker which has turned its engines off but continues for several more miles before it finally stops the downward spiral that Norwich was on will take time, patience, tolerance and understanding before it can be reversed.

He''s put himself in a situation to be slated and I''m sure Gunny was well aware of that before he took the job, however I do feel for him. He has inherited a sinking ship, players with little or no confidence. I don''t think he will be in charge next season to be honest, and he may not want to be. As you say he''s trying his best but I can''t see it working out for him. With the situation we were in we needed an experienced manager with tactical nous to steady the ship, unfortunatly I don''t think Mr Gunn is that man

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t fob or dodge the question Leeds, answer the question, City have quite a few legends, so why don''t we employ them all?

[/quote]

I''m not dodging the question.  I''m blatantly not answering it.

I can''t take it seriously as it''s one of your latest violent swings of opinion from one extreme to another.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]

He''s put himself in a situation to be slated  [/quote]

I don''t agree mate - slate the board, not the guy who''s doing what he can to get us out of the mire.  He needs support not slagging off.

I''m not saying he should be slated (not yet anyway) but simply that he would have known when he took the job that he was likely to be if he couldnt turn things around, which thus far he hasn''t.

"I''ll support Gunn even if we''re relegated" - 1st Wizard

Can''t be bothered to find exactly where you said this, but you did.

Just proves you change your mind every 10 seconds doesn''t it?

For me, I hope Mark Robins is in charge next season.

[/quote]

I think Crooky will be boss next season to be honest.

Could the reason for Gunny being virtually untouchable be something as silly and sentimental as being loved by everybody behind the scenes - a highly popular figure?

08/02/2009, 7:20 AM

First Wizard is not online. Last active: 28/02/2009 20:24:55 First Wizard

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 04/10/2003
Far beyond the misty mountains
Posts 9,354

Surprise [:O] I would back Gunn even after relegation!

Reply Quote

And why not?

He''s transformed the atmosphere around the club, an atmosphere that makes City unique amongst clubs. If we''re relegated, my gaze would be directed at Smith, the board and Roeder.

Bryan is just trying to repair their damage...........and it might take some time to fix!

[quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t take it seriously as it''s one of your latest violent swings of opinion from one extreme to another.

[/quote]

Cobblers! what violent swing?

This is about a job for life Gunn,, not his manager ability.............try reading properly next time!

Yankee Canary:

You can bring back as many old posts of mine as you like,  it just proves, you too cannot read

This thread is about a job for life Gunn, not his manager ability.............try reading properly next time!

Yankee Canary:

You can bring back as many old posts of mine as you like,  it just proves, you too cannot read

This thread is about a job for life Gunn, not his manager ability.............try reading properly next time!

[/quote]But Wiz, you''ve said he shouldn''t be in the job, and he shouldn''t even go back to his old job. Yet you''ll back him even if we get relegated?You make no sense.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]"I''ll support Gunn even if we''re relegated" - 1st Wizard Can''t be bothered to find exactly where you said this, but you did. Just proves you change your mind every 10 seconds doesn''t it? For me, I hope Mark Robins is in charge next season.[/quote]

Errr? read the title of the damn thread James!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought we did.......oh no I forgot, Gossy doesn''t count as a legend!

Surely Gunn staying as manager (as you have said you would support, regardless of relegation) falls bang into the "job for life" category? Or does being manager not count as a job all of a sudden?

It''s most amusing watching you hop from opinion to opinion every other day, whilst belittling things others say with your one major form of attack - "ad hominem".

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Surely Gunn staying as manager (as you have said you would support, regardless of relegation) falls bang into the "job for life" category? Or does being manager not count as a job all of a sudden? It''s most amusing watching you hop from opinion to opinion every other day, whilst belittling things others say with your one major form of attack - "ad hominem".[/quote]

Jeez!

If you think a cash strapped club can afford to employ hangers on, for life, then its a disgrace James. I had assumed, that as a supporter, you knew full well that when Gunn is no longer manager, a job will be found for him, no matter what..

That was the point of this thread............and no where have I called for him to be sacked...........yet.

And if I have, kindly provide a link to it.

Ignoring the manager issue, Gunn has lived well off City for years, and I think its about time that that joke stopped when he''s no longer manager.................okay, is that clearer?

Yankee Canary:

[/quote]

I think my reading ability ( along with my spelling ability ) is fine Wizard. It appears that it''s your memory and/or reasoning ability that is in question. Let''s take a look at YOUR words that opened this thread:

"No one else has, and watch him get the managers job next season too.

Only at Norwich is failure rewarded!"

Your words indicate he is failing as a manager and he will also be rewarded for it by having the manager''s job next season. I can hardly be responsible for your words being different than what you may have meant in the thread title. Further, this is after your input only a short month back that you would back Bryan Gunn even if we are relegated. Now I''m sure in your muddled thinking you believe you have some logic present but most of us appear to be missing it. I think you''ve been messing around with too many virgins recently. Mentally speaking, of course. 

Gunn will always have a job for life!

Hes been good on the commercial side cause he can get the club business just because of who he is!

As for manager well he took over a poison chalice and I''d seriously doubt whether anyone else would of done better!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is about a job for life Gunn,, not his manager ability.............try reading properly next time!

[/quote]

The violent swing that Yankee has clearly set-out.  Do try and keep up.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="LeedsYellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The violent swing that Yankee has clearly set-out.  Do try and keep up.