Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Last Day Fixtures

Early to be thinking about this, and I hope it''s over one way or another before then but the last day fixtures could be so tense:

Charlton Vs Norwich

Plymouth Vs Barnsley

Watford Vs Derby

Nottm Forest Vs Southampton

How these fixtures came up is a completely mystery.

Unfortunately it reeks of a Fulham-esque scenario were we to take it that far :(

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Early to be thinking about this, and I hope it''s over one way or another before then but the last day fixtures could be so tense: Charlton Vs Norwich Plymouth Vs Barnsley Watford Vs Derby Nottm Forest Vs Southampton How these fixtures came up is a completely mystery. Unfortunately it reeks of a Fulham-esque scenario were we to take it that far :([/quote]

It''s not a complete mystery.  It is a fixture list issued by the Football League to all concerned in July2008.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Early to be thinking about this, and I hope it''s over one way or another before then but the last day fixtures could be so tense: Charlton Vs Norwich Plymouth Vs Barnsley Watford Vs Derby Nottm Forest Vs Southampton How these fixtures came up is a completely mystery. Unfortunately it reeks of a Fulham-esque scenario were we to take it that far :([/quote]

It''s not a complete mystery.  It is a fixture list issued by the Football League to all concerned in July2008.

[/quote]

Quite so. If Norwich are in a scrap on the last day, whose fault is it? Not the football league computer''s fault.....

What I mean is what are the chances of what could well be the bottom 8 all playing each other on the final day?

Mystery may have been the wrong word, perhaps intrigue would of been more suitable?

Or something else? Likelihood, feasibility or probability do anything for you?

[quote user="CanaryJames"]What I mean is what are the chances of what could well be the bottom 8 all playing each other on the final day? Mystery may have been the wrong word, perhaps intrigue would of been more suitable? Or something else? Likelihood, feasibility or probability do anything for you?[/quote]

Can''t help.  It took seven and a half million years for Deep Thought to come up with 42 as the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything.

You could feed it in to Deep Thought and hang about for the answer.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]What I mean is what are the chances of what could well be the bottom 8 all playing each other on the final day? Mystery may have been the wrong word, perhaps intrigue would of been more suitable? Or something else? Likelihood, feasibility or probability do anything for you?[/quote]

Can''t help.  It took seven and a half million years for Deep Thought to come up with 42 as the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything.

[/quote]

if only 42 points was the answer to how many we needed to stay up would be a much brighter situation then

Thanks for posting this James, interesting, spooky and a bit scary all at once.Wih those fixtures there''s a chance that it coul be anything up to three to go down from 5 on the last day of the season, the 5 being us, Charlton, Plymouth, Notts Forest, Southampton. We don''t need Southampton to come up with too many results like yesterday though.

[/quote]

After a few glasses of something to numb the pain, I did indeed put it into Deep Thought last night, Cam. It came up with a encrypted answer in what appears to be a lost language known only to a man that lives in a small shack with his cat that alledgedly runs the Universe. Fortunately I have been able to decipher it after hours of pondering. It says simply,

"Appoint Adi Bothroyd while there is still time"

Deep Thoughts words, not mine.

What baffles me is why Norwich have started and finished the last three seasons away from home surely if you start at home you should finish away and if you start away you finish at home certainly would seem fairer not just for us but for every supporter in the country. Never mind our club just accepts whatever rubbish is thrown at it.