Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

The Holiday Inn Monstrosity.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

It''s really very simple.  Credit where it''s due and brickbats likewise. 

[/quote]

It''s not that simple though. Because in 2004 the decision to build the hotel and the siting of it was long made. It wasn''t a big secret and many of the boards biggest critics on here were praising their foresight in building it.

[/quote]

Since you didn''t start posting on here until 2006 I take that comment with the entire output of the Siberian salt mines.  In other words . . . bull****

Name one if you can.

[/quote]

I can name more than one but none of them are involved in this discussion so it wouldn''t be fair. Perhaps they would like to own up themselves[:O] The fact I have only posted since 2006 does not mean I didn''t read the board for much longer than that.

[/quote]

And making insinuations that you can''t or won''t back up is fair I suppose . . .

[/quote]

That''s surely exactly what you are doing with your Siberian salt mines and bull**** insinuations Potty....

[/quote]

It''s not an insinuation it''s an accusation.  It would be simplicity itself to prove me wrong.  The ball''s in your court. 

I simply don''t believe you''re so obsessed by certain posters that you can remember what they said about the hotel four or five years ago.  On the other hand ... perhaps you are.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I''m one of the most critical fans about when it comes to the board at the moment but have to defend them on this one. The Ability Counts corner infill was horrendously expensive in comparison to building a normal stand, primarily as I understand it because of the costs associated with the roof and conecting it to the jarrold. I don''t know if thats usually the case or we got ripped off by a certain local building firm but for that money you actually get very few seats. I think i''m right in saying the infill element of the stand cost almost as much as the rest of the Jarrold Stand yet is about 1/6 of the size. Given the accusations of placing bricks and mortar before the team I would dread to think what the reaction on here would be now had the board spent another £4 million on another corner to fit in an extra 1,000 or so fans bringing in approx £250K per season! as it was my understanding is they got an initial return for the leasing of  the land the hotel is built on and  amodest ongoing income stream from its operation. It is not costing us any money and we have not had a huge initial capital outlay as there would have been with a corner infill.

Yes it looks sh*t. Yes i would prefer seats but we would be moaning a lot more if the Club had spent another £4 million quid on a corner infill rather than the team!

[/quote]I just don''t buy that argument, if that was the case every club would have a cheap looking hotel in all four corners of their stadium, The fact is they don''t and if a corner infill is really such a problem why the snakepit? The hotel is a huge mistake from every angle, whether short term, medium term or long term, just leaving a gap would have been a better option, a gap has potential, a naff looking eyesore bringing in a miniscule income is always going to be a naff eyesore bringing in a miniscule income!

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

It''s not that simple though. Because in 2004 the decision to build the hotel and the siting of it was long made. It wasn''t a big secret and many of the boards biggest critics on here were praising their foresight in building it.

[/quote]

Since you didn''t start posting on here until 2006 I take that comment with the entire output of the Siberian salt mines.  In other words . . . bull****

Name one if you can.

[/quote]

I can name more than one but none of them are involved in this discussion so it wouldn''t be fair. Perhaps they would like to own up themselves[:O] The fact I have only posted since 2006 does not mean I didn''t read the board for much longer than that.

[/quote]

And making insinuations that you can''t or won''t back up is fair I suppose . . .

[/quote]

That''s surely exactly what you are doing with your Siberian salt mines and bull**** insinuations Potty....

[/quote]

It''s not an insinuation it''s an accusation.  It would be simplicity itself to prove me wrong.  The ball''s in your court. 

I simply don''t believe you''re so obsessed by certain posters that you can remember what they said about the hotel four or five years ago.  On the other hand ... perhaps you are.

[/quote]

Let''s wait and see if those posters come forward then..

After all I have quoted these "insinuations" with the posts themselves on other threads and they have both responded to them.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Name one if you can.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let''s wait and see if those posters come forward then..

After all I have quoted these "insinuations" with the posts themselves on other threads and they have both responded to them.

[/quote]

Me, (initially), I actually thought the hotel before its construction would have been a ''good thing''......But in ''hindsight'' (a favourite word of the CE, the NCFC board - and a few on here) I think it''s a carbuncle on the Carra Skyline.....I actually don''t think that it should have been built in such a close proximity to the stadium....and I still reckon the wall facing the pitch looks like a Victorian Gentleman''s Urinal.......

Who''s responsible for the catering at the "After a one-off payment we get more or less diddley squat for allowing its construction" Hotel? It''s not Delia''s Canary Catering, is it? 

So there you have it Potty. Posters can have differing views and be completely obnoxious to eachother at times without ever doubting eachothers honesty. In my experience though, those who easily make dis-honest accusations against others are far more likely to be dishonest themselves.