Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Is Tomorrow's Match a Sell Out?

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Has anybody any idea how many tickets have been sold to Bristol City fans and have most of the casual home tickets been snapped up?[/quote]684 sold to Bristol City, 121 returned due to inability to travel.845 home tickets remaining including Bristol City returns.

Funny how we start selling more tickets when the team''s doing well, where were they when we were struggling? (No offense to some fans that can''t make every game for travel/family/financial reasons)

[quote user="Lambo"]Funny how we start selling more tickets when the team''s doing well, where were they when we were struggling? (No offense to some fans that can''t make every game for travel/family/financial reasons)[/quote]

Yes, but isn''t this typical of football fans everywhere? Despite being the biggest and richest club in the world, I''m sure Man Utd couldn''t expect 75,000 fans to pack into Old Trafford every week if they were floundering near the bottom of the Championship.

That''s true, just don''t approve of it, being their to witness the lows make the highs feel even better and is part of the expierience in being a football fan.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]Has anybody any idea how many tickets have been sold to Bristol City fans and have most of the casual home tickets been snapped up?[/quote]

684 sold to Bristol City, 121 returned due to inability to travel.

845 home tickets remaining including Bristol City returns.

[/quote]

Thanks for that, Mister Chops. Should be at least 25,000 tomorrow then with any luck - provided we sell just over 300 of those tickets between now and kick off, of course.

[quote user="Lambo"]Funny how we start selling more tickets when the team''s doing well, where were they when we were struggling? (No offense to some fans that can''t make every game for travel/family/financial reasons)[/quote]

Agreed very much so, although I do believe that we are still struggling!

Lambo.I just love the fact that there is always someone on this board ready to have a ''pop'' at our supporters.

We have tremendous support and the trend you mention is minimal with us.

Why not have a go at the Binners who, struggle to get 20k and are desperately trying to get some atmosphere at Portaloo by moving people around the ground.

Apologies if I seem a bit grumpy but I live amongst Binners and for too long my only defence has been our fantastic support.

OTBC

Well yeah we are lol, but we''re opimistic and have had a decent run of results under Gunn, you know what i mean haha

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Lambo.I just love the fact that there is always someone on this board ready to have a ''pop'' at our supporters. We have tremendous support and the trend you mention is minimal with us. Why not have a go at the Binners who, struggle to get 20k and are desperately trying to get some atmosphere at Portaloo by moving people around the ground. Apologies if I seem a bit grumpy but I live amongst Binners and for too long my only defence has been our fantastic support. OTBC[/quote]

Yes we get good attendences, i don''t deny it, but can you honestly say our support is fantastic, the numbers we get are no doubt but the actual SUPPORT is where i dis-agree, our fans are some of the most fickle people going, where i sit in the Barcley there was a bloke saying how bad a manager Gunn is during the 2nd half of the S''oton game and how he should go... less than two games into his reign. As soon as a player makes a mistake theres alot of fans that really get on their back straight away and want them subbed etc. After the Saints 1st goal against us me and the guys around me did our best to get some chants going but the crowd were dead.

Like i say we have fantastic support when we''re doing well but the moment things look shakey it all goes to shit.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Sorry to post for a 3rd time but also the recent situation with Hoolahan''s strop at being subbed shows how fickle some fans are too, supporters recently have been moaning our team has no passion and is made up of loanee''s who don''t care etc, then Wes gets subbed and shows a will to play and help fight for the win and has the piss taken out of him for it by those same fans moaning there''s a lack of passion, where''s the common sense in that?

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Lambo.I just love the fact that there is always someone on this board ready to have a ''pop'' at our supporters. We have tremendous support and the trend you mention is minimal with us. Why not have a go at the Binners who, struggle to get 20k and are desperately trying to get some atmosphere at Portaloo by moving people around the ground. Apologies if I seem a bit grumpy but I live amongst Binners and for too long my only defence has been our fantastic support. OTBC[/quote]

Yes we get good attendences, i don''t deny it, but can you honestly say our support is fantastic, the numbers we get are no doubt but the actual SUPPORT is where i dis-agree, our fans are some of the most fickle people going, where i sit in the Barcley there was a bloke saying how bad a manager Gunn is during the 2nd half of the S''oton game and how he should go... less than two games into his reign. As soon as a player makes a mistake theres alot of fans that really get on their back straight away and want them subbed etc. After the Saints 1st goal against us me and the guys around me did our best to get some chants going but the crowd were dead.

Like i say we have fantastic support when we''re doing well but the moment things look shakey it all goes to shit.

Thats my opinion anyway.

[/quote]

If only all fans were as perfect as you

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Lambo"]

Thats my opinion anyway.

[/quote]

If only all fans were as perfect as you
[/quote]

I''m not trying to say i''m perfect mate, i''m guilty of jumping on a players back early in a match on occasion and have been incredibly pessimistic, i also understand alot of the reasons behind the pessimism lately, there''s not been a great deal to get excited about in recent times, but like i say some of our fans are so fickle it hurts.

I''m not trying to offend or target anyone in particular here, so sorry if i''ve upset a few people but thats the way i see it.

Lambo i see where you''re coming from,but of the 25000  some of them just have no idea,i mean where have they all come from of the days when we we''re getting 16,17k in 92-94 our most succesful period,can''t help but think lot''s of (not all)moved from other areas and don''t know properly about Norwich.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Phil E Stein"]Has anybody any idea how many tickets have been sold to Bristol City fans and have most of the casual home tickets been snapped up?[/quote]

684 sold to Bristol City, 121 returned due to inability to travel.

845 home tickets remaining including Bristol City returns.

[/quote]

Sorry if I''ve missed this before, but how are your numbers are so precise Mr C?

Another reason why todays game prob close to a sell out is a lot of local league football has been called off due to the weather, people like myself who are involved in local football can only make the mid week games or when we have a blank saturday, like today when lots of teams matches have been called off.

What do you mean by that? Our average attendance is only one and a half thousand short of capacity, that''s in a season when the team has not been "doing well" exactly. The only real blip was the Charlton game. If we were getting 15k crowds when doing badly you may have a point, as it is you do not.