Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

Real Trouble

I don''t think this will happen, and it is a worse case senario but at the moment we are in danger of being cut-off at the bottom. At the moment the table looks like this:                                          Played        Points16 Derby               30               3517 Plymouth         31               3518 Forest               31              3419 Donny Rovers  30              3420 Norwich           32              3221 Barnsley           30              32-----------------------------------------------22 Watford           30               3023 Southampton   31               2824 Charlton          31               22

But if the other clubs win their games in hand:                          Played        Points

16 Derby               32               41

17 Donny Rovers  32              40

18 Barnsley           32              38

19 Plymouth         32               38

20 Forest               32              37

21 Watford           32               36

-----------------------------------------------

22 Norwich           32              32

23 Southampton   32               21

24 Charlton          32               22We desperatly need to win against preston in my view. I''m fully behind Gunny but its now no win in 4, despite a very creditable performance against Wolves.

Scary stuff, especially if we manage to follow Southampton''s example and get -7 points from a game. In all seriousness, it does look bad. I think it very unlikely, however that all these teams will get maximum points. The "fans" need to stop panicing, and support the team. The Carrow Road groan was appaling yesterday, no wonder the players are scared to play.

It should be pointed out that one of those games called off yesterday was Watford against Southampton so they can''t both win that match.Also Watford and Derby will have yet another game in hand next week as they''re both still in the FA Cup.

Yes, we are going to be one of the teams in the relegation mix at the end of the season. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest we shall put a run together and we are 10 points worse off than the same stage last season. Next week we will probably lose to Preston meaning that Watford and Barnsley will have 3 games in hand on us with Watford currently 2 points behind us and Barnsley level on points. As they are the two teams keeping us out of the bottom 3 it''s not looking good.