Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Proposed Primus deal

There seems something odd about the path that this deal is taking.
How come City seem so sure that both Primus the player, and separately Portsmouth the club, can be tempted.
Why would Portsmouth let him go rather than offer him a deservedly improved contract (given the way they currently operate) - or is it just Harry wheeling & dealing and Mandaric playing hardball?
Don''t get me wrong, I saw three/four of pompey''s games live on TV & in full late last season.
Their crowd was terrific and Linvoy was terrific (both never give up) - and the dominant crowd chant was "Linvoy for England".
I really do wish Worthy good luck on this one as I predict that, if recruited, Primus will soon become a real crowd favourite and part of the heart and soul of City.
OTBC.

It is a bit strange how worthy has publicly declared his interest in him. I''m guessing Primus would rather stay at portsmouth, but if he is coming to the end of his career i''m guessing he wants a bit of security being offered by the 3 yr deal norwich are prepared to offer him

I know what you mean BlyBlyBabes. It''s always impossible to know what "the facts" are with transfer speculation.

I''d heard City have offered to double his wages and give him a 3 year contract. As he is aged 30 I guess this would be very tempting for a player signing what could be his last professional contract. Plus Pompey might be swayed by a sizable transfer fee.

On the other hand he is clearly very popular at Pompey, and is probably settled there too. So if Portsmouth can come close to matching Norwich''s offer then he would probably stay. But I was under the impression that Primus had only just negotiated and signed a new two year extension deal, so it might be odd if Portsmouth were to re-negotiate again.

I suppose all will be revealed in due course.

I agree something here just doesn''t seem to add up. We appear to have had discussions with Primus and his agent (even Redknapp says we have) and yet Pompey have always said we have not had a bid accepted. Now they have this slightly weird meeting set up at which i fear that Redknapp will just offer him what he wants in order to stop him jumping ship.

All the way through however NCFC have sounded very confident that they can get their man. I think that there is a lot going on behind the scenes here that we are not aware of and it might well involve Mandaric and Redknapp''s power struggle.

And they have signed 2 new defenders who may be threatening his position in the starting line-up.

I''m fairly sure that the reason Linvoy is in talks with the "Money-men" at Pompey is to gauge whether they see him as a first-team regular next season, or they are prepared to let him go for £750,000 and utilise their 2 new signings instead.

Parlour was a popular, probably the most popular, player at arsenal and he left for one reason alone. he''s 31 and wanted 1st team football. Primus is 30 and he was far from a regular last season. i think if our bid is accepted then we will get him and he will be a 1st team regular.

i also agree with the other posts about 3rd choice keeper. this seems fairly illogical. a club with the smallest budget in the league spendin wages and or transfer fees on a player who probably won''t get near the first team!

sign a striker (Harewood) and another midfielder (right winger/creative) Worthy that is what we need (as well as a centre half obviously)

cheers

I see palace have already had a £1.5 million bid for Harewood turned down. I cant see us offering that kind of money for him and anyway is he worth more than that?