Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Good Luck Gunny and Chippy

its amazing me , people are allready saying what a bad choice before he even starts.

have they forgotten a few crucial factors ....i could list them but i cant be bothered.

im really confident of this choice .. of "people" who have been brought in .

give them a chance , they will be fighting the cause , and thats the type of people needed here .

[quote user="singing canary"]

its amazing me , people are allready saying what a bad choice before he even starts.

have they forgotten a few crucial factors ....i could list them but i cant be bothered.

im really confident of this choice .. of "people" who have been brought in .

give them a chance , they will be fighting the cause , and thats the type of people needed here .

[/quote]

Good points. We need to back these guys. In the past we have had people in charge we didnt like eg Roeder, and people who played but were not heroes eg Grant, but these guys are legends and will get uncoditional backing from everyone soon as the whistle goes.

I had to pinch myself a few times reading this thread Arthurio because I found myself agreeing with you wholeheartedly. Credit where it''s due and all that. Time will tell with regards Gunny''s technical nous - we all know for certain he''s not stupid and I suspect his time between the sticks will have stood him in good stead when it comes to the tactical side. He was the one in the firing line when it went to pot, after all.He has brought in a mix of experienced and relatively untested (at least at this level) help in the shape of Deehan and Crook with A.N Other to follow. The one thing I think we''re sure of getting from Gunn is passion and if he can instill that in the players then we''ll be alright, I''m sure of it. He may come across as an unfailing Mr Nice Guy, but I''m pretty sure he''s capable of showing a different side if he has to witness a gutless display the likes of which we''ve seen too often the past few seasons. I cannot see performances displaying fear or lack of effort being acceptable for "his" City.We all have a big part to play in this too. It''s going to be a rocky ride these next few months and the crowd need to get behind the team as never before. Nothing else is going to change before the end of the season staff wise - Gunny''s been brave enough to go for it and the board have given him the chance. So we have nothing to gain and much to lose by letting the atmosphere get poisoned again. We owe it to Gunny and we owe it to ourselves to try and make this work. If we end up going down by a point and we''ve not sung our hearts out for this Norwich City team 100% from now till the final whistle on May 3rd, we''ve only got ourselves to blame.

[quote user="Herb"]I had to pinch myself a few times reading this thread Arthurio because I found myself agreeing with you wholeheartedly. Credit where it''s due and all that.

Time will tell with regards Gunny''s technical nous - we all know for certain he''s not stupid and I suspect his time between the sticks will have stood him in good stead when it comes to the tactical side. He was the one in the firing line when it went to pot, after all.
He has brought in a mix of experienced and relatively untested (at least at this level) help in the shape of Deehan and Crook with A.N Other to follow.

The one thing I think we''re sure of getting from Gunn is passion and if he can instill that in the players then we''ll be alright, I''m sure of it. He may come across as an unfailing Mr Nice Guy, but I''m pretty sure he''s capable of showing a different side if he has to witness a gutless display the likes of which we''ve seen too often the past few seasons. I cannot see performances displaying fear or lack of effort being acceptable for "his" City.

We all have a big part to play in this too. It''s going to be a rocky ride these next few months and the crowd need to get behind the team as never before. Nothing else is going to change before the end of the season staff wise - Gunny''s been brave enough to go for it and the board have given him the chance. So we have nothing to gain and much to lose by letting the atmosphere get poisoned again. We owe it to Gunny and we owe it to ourselves to try and make this work. If we end up going down by a point and we''ve not sung our hearts out for this Norwich City team 100% from now till the final whistle on May 3rd, we''ve only got ourselves to blame.

[/quote]

Very well put[Y]

[quote user="Herb"]I had to pinch myself a few times reading this thread Arthurio because I found myself agreeing with you wholeheartedly. Credit where it''s due and all that.

Time will tell with regards Gunny''s technical nous - we all know for certain he''s not stupid and I suspect his time between the sticks will have stood him in good stead when it comes to the tactical side. He was the one in the firing line when it went to pot, after all.
He has brought in a mix of experienced and relatively untested (at least at this level) help in the shape of Deehan and Crook with A.N Other to follow.

The one thing I think we''re sure of getting from Gunn is passion and if he can instill that in the players then we''ll be alright, I''m sure of it. He may come across as an unfailing Mr Nice Guy, but I''m pretty sure he''s capable of showing a different side if he has to witness a gutless display the likes of which we''ve seen too often the past few seasons. I cannot see performances displaying fear or lack of effort being acceptable for "his" City.

We all have a big part to play in this too. It''s going to be a rocky ride these next few months and the crowd need to get behind the team as never before. Nothing else is going to change before the end of the season staff wise - Gunny''s been brave enough to go for it and the board have given him the chance. So we have nothing to gain and much to lose by letting the atmosphere get poisoned again. We owe it to Gunny and we owe it to ourselves to try and make this work. If we end up going down by a point and we''ve not sung our hearts out for this Norwich City team 100% from now till the final whistle on May 3rd, we''ve only got ourselves to blame.

[/quote]

1st time we agree i think, im really pleased for them, they have passion, respect and I hope they have a cracker against Southampton tonight.

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Good luck to the dream team...............now go get em''![Y][/quote]

Changed your mind again have you Wiz?

[/quote]

Oh just do one CT.

If you''ve been reading my posts and threads this past fortnight, you know thats not the case, yes, underwhelmed with the appointment, but I don''t turn on a legend, unlike the Barclay who booed him because they prefered Andy Marshall![:|]