Sign in to follow this  
Macca

Briggsy

Name circulated today, he was never good enough anyway, we aint demanding a fee either.

Actually in the 5 (!) appeareances he made for City I thought he looked like he could do a job. I guess its as simple as the fact that Helveg has come in in that position and working on the usual principle of 2 players per position he made it 3 at RB. Now I would have kept Briggs ''for the future'' but I guess Worthy thinks a) he doesn''t need a 3rd RB as Holt can fill in there in an emergency and b) he could get a better player than Briggs when one of Helveg or Edworthy stops playing for us.

NCFC has moved onwards and upwards and we''re looking at a better class of player now, that''s all.

What annoys me is that we throw away money.
We could of got a token payment for Rivers & probably some for Briggs.
Can anybody explain why we rejected an offer from Crewe 6 weeks ago for Rivers then let him go on a free

I think by putting Briggs on the list rather than paying up his contract, the hope is that he will go for a small fee, so at the moment we''re not throwing any money away. (Mind you, he will probably earn in 10 weeks what we would get for him as a fee!).

Crewe were interesetd in loaning Rivers in about March weren''t they? But I guess at that time Worthy felt he needed him as cover for our run in... you never know. Water under the bridge now though.

Ama