Sign in to follow this  
Flinty

Leroy starting today!

Don''t know if this has been mentioned before but....Lita is starting for Reading today!what''s that about? surely if they wanted rid, they wouldn''t want to cup tie himconfusing to say the least!

[quote user="Flinty"]Don''t know if this has been mentioned before but....

Lita is starting for Reading today!

what''s that about? surely if they wanted rid, they wouldn''t want to cup tie him

confusing to say the least!

[/quote]

Lita was here to get fit, nothing more... i said as much when he signed....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

what''s that about? surely if they wanted rid, they wouldn''t want to cup tie him

[/quote]

[/quote]

So it had nothing to do with putting him in the shop window?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Flinty"]Don''t know if this has been mentioned before but....Lita is starting for Reading today!what''s that about? surely if they wanted rid, they wouldn''t want to cup tie himconfusing to say the least!

[/quote]

[/quote]Well i dont think so, they dont want him, they would have to sack coppel to keep him, he dosnt like him

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well i dont think so, they dont want him, they would have to sack coppel to keep him, he dosnt like him
[/quote]

and yet he plays.. isn'' that funny!... no sub it wasn''t shop windowing him... it was getting him fit, he will be a reading player next season.

Maybe they thought he did well here and saw the cup game as a good chance to take a look at him playing in their own side again without risking him in a league game.

Coppell doesn''t tend to take the cup too seriously and generally plays a weakened team - judging by the fact that neither of the Hunt brothers or Doyle started it looks like Coppell has simply rotated things around. Judging by Roeder''s comments that Lita won''t be signing for anyone permanently to the summer then Coppell may have decided to give him a run out and see what happens with the loan situation by month end. Reading may yet take whatever we have offerred to loan Lita for the rest of the season.

It wasn''t really to get him fit. He was not suffering any injuries, a couple of games and he was back up to speed. So that theory by Jas is rubbish in my opinion.

He was here to get a new club, he served us well and we have served him well, he has a lot of clubs after him now and in no small part because he played here. He is out of contract at the end of season and Reading want him in the shop window to try and get some fee for him instead of him going for nowt.

I reckon that he got on the bus, then he stepped of the bus and then he stepped on the pitch, that is much as I know.

[quote user="Hoof it to Hoolahan"]Well anyone know how he got on? All I know is that Reading lost 2-0 away at Cardiff.[/quote]

[quote]

Cardiff City started their quest for a return trip to Wembley with an FA Cup third round win over Reading.

Ross McCormack put last season''s beaten finalists in front on 57 minutes heading home from Roger Johnson.

And Joe Ledley wrapped up the win seven minutes from time slotting past the onrushing Adam Federici after a neat one-two with McCormack.

Bobby Convey, Leroy Lita and Shane Long all saw chances go begging for Reading before the deadlock was finally broken.

First, Convey was through on goal but lost his composure and sliced his shot.

And a minute after the break, Shane Long forced a point-blank save from Bluebirds keeper Peter Enckelman.

Lita was also denied by defender Gabor Gypes who cleared his effort off the line.

Cardiff did have claims for a penalty on 30 minutes turned down when Royals defender Andre Bikey appeared to have handled in the box.

But it did not matter as McCormack''s 15th goal of season and Ledley''s third strike ensured the win for Cardiff. [/quote]