Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Player ratings

Sorry if I have missed an existing thread.

An awful game with city presenting their now expected lack of penetration.  As usual they lost their bearings in the first half and appeared to play as if the goals were in front o fthe city and jarrold stands shuffling the ball sideways with immense but fruitless efficiency.

Fortunately Charlton are take our ineffectiveness and build upon it;   a woeful side who, on this performance,  have no hope of avoiding the drop.

Marshall  7;   apart from his hopeless kicking was safe today,  came for crosses and a save for the cameras in the first half.

Ots  6;   did not get forward much,  esp in first half.  sound.

Doc  8; Won an enormous % of the aerial challenges,  and was simply a super leader today.

Omo 7;  NOt as impressive as against town but was in control.

Drury 6 - late replacement was solid,  but what limited threats existed were down the flanks. 

Croft 5;  Back to the Croft of old;   not involved much, gave the ball away cheaply.  Sheff Utd are welcome to him in this form.

Clingan 5;  Was a tortoise today;   when the going was wintry and tough hid away,  not looking for the ball and rarely making a forward pass,  once the game was won his hibernation was over and he started to control the midfield.  If he can be up for the town game and look like a championship midfield collosus why not today???

Pattison 5 Best midfielder in teh first half and always tries;  but simply not good enough. and like his colleagues simply too static when we are in possession,  making it easy for chalrton to defend against us.

Bell 5 As with the rest of midfield could not pass to a yellow shirt all game,  NO worse than his midfield colleagues but simply not at the game today.

Hoolahan 5;   Lost possession,  a lot;  but was the only player who was at least trying to create some forward momentum.  No one else in the club seems to want the responsibility of an attacking pass for fear of losing poassession.    NOt at his best today but not as bad as some of the crowd thought either.

Lita 6;   Given so little opportunity with the ball;  took his chance well but where will the goals come from in 3 games time??????

[quote user="wayne kerr"]clingan a 5 ?  you must be that paraletic bloke  sat behind me  [:)][/quote]Explain, do you think he should be higher or lower, he was crap untill after he set up the goal, and 20 mins of OK play is not good enough

Clingan didn''t make the same sort of mark on the game as he did in the Forest and Scummers game, but 5 is a bit harsh.  And 7 for Marshall?  The blokes distribution is awful.  One good save and commanded the area against a WEAK Charlton side.

flibble - this is what ZLF said[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

...shuffling the ball sideways with immense but fruitless efficiency.

[/quote]We had a lot of possession, but pointless possession.

IMO,Sammy(6) was told to sit back a little deeper probably to accommodate are weakness at CB all be it the Doc(9) was awesome yesterday and Elliot(7) seems to be playing better at CB than RB.Bell(5) just kept falling over his own feet must have had a fight with the wife before he left the house because his head just didn''t seem to be at the game.Wes(7) struggleing but will come good teams know to close him down and mussel him out this is were Sammy needs to be a little further forward to mussel players off the ball and set Wes of running at deffenders so he can slip a ball through to Leroy(8) or learn to shoot so he can skin deffenders and add goals to his game.Patty(7) but gains an extra point for effort i know Patty has his critics for me he''s not that bad not affraid to be a battering ram if needs be but with this said Rusty should be 1st choice.Crofty(7) his usual self burning energy with a couple of tough winning challanges that you get from a man in the spot light throw his form at the moment but with not much end product this week.Semi(6) run in Crofts dust and just out sprints anyone that comes down are right flank i.e Bouazza.Drury(7) is a bit more old skool left back doesn''t have the pace or attacking mind of Berty but come in with Berty getting injured in the warm up stood firm and done a good job.Which leaves me with Marshy(8) but scrapes a extra point for the diving save from the long range shot at 0-0 and for finishing with a clean sheet,quality keeper who is still learning.He''s still young for a keeper 23 and makes some wrong decisions i.e punching instead of catching (seems to be the in thing amongst all keepers at the moment tho),changeing his mind when coming to collect a ball all said he done well yesterday his let down was his release of the ball kept aiming for Leroy and missing when there where better oppsions.Subs Fozzy(6) came on and had no inpact why in front of Rusty who knows.Cort(5) belive iv''e already heard what i''m about to say which is looks like a player who has been out of the game for a while couldn''t comment until he''s had a few games under his belt only problem is there''s 22 games left and can''t see him starting the next 6 to 10 fingers crossed Leroy stays.Now the main one Mr Roeder all be it not flash and didn''t seem to have a plan B but he got  his tactics right and walked away with 3pts and another clean sheet at home,subs Fozzy over Rusty for Patty questionable just straight swap for fresh legs not a difficult decision and Cort for Wes your not gonna take off Leroy and Cort needs match fitness so thought Wes was still in the game but unfortunately has to be sacrificed.So the gaffa just squezzes an 8 for the reason i''ve highlited.TEAM TOTAL ACCEPTABLE 7 1/2 WITH 3PTS.Once again this is just my opinion but i would like to know what other die hard yella blood City fans make of my comments.  [:D]       

[quote user="wayne kerr"]clingan a 5 ?  you must be that paralytic bloke  sat behind me  [:)][/quote]

Nope - otherwise I would still be there,  being unable to move and get to a typewriter.  [;)]

Yup a 5;  can and has played a lot better than that.  Selectively involved is the kindest description I can give him yest;  showed glimpses that he could have dominated the game but did not....

marshy -6- wasnt overly busydrury -6- missed a few tackles but was solid in terms of attacking playdoherty -8- was awesome today and deserved MoMomozusi -7- was solid again today, not convinced about his marking abilities but he is good with the ball at his feet and offered the short option a lotsemi -7- wasnt v.attacking intially but the 2nd half he offered a lot morebell-6- didnt help drury when attacking, he was easily dealt with by cranie but he did whip 1 or 2 good balls in.pattison-6- worked hard but he lost the ball too easily after doing well to win it. clingan-6- was quiet today, he was marked out of the game at first and only in the 2nd half did he up his tempo and make them chase himhoolihan-5- nicknamed hoolihoop cos he goes round in circles? thats all he did croft-6-looked sharp when he had the ball. didnt see enough of it thoughlita-7- he scored, but he missed a good chance as well. 1/2 conversion rate is oksubscort-5- not fit, not going to have a huge impact yetFozzy- N/A not worth mentioning.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="wayne kerr"]clingan a 5 ?  you must be that paralytic bloke  sat behind me  [:)][/quote]

Nope - otherwise I would still be there,  being unable to move and get to a typewriter.  [;)]

Yup a 5;  can and has played a lot better than that.  Selectively involved is the kindest description I can give him yest;  showed glimpses that he could have dominated the game but did not....

[/quote]

Ah, but you would have sobered up eventually, ZLF, although I think we can all agree that watching Norwich yesterday in a state other than completely hammered was a risk a lot of us chose not to take.

Marshall 6, Did what he had to do, looked more comfortable on the crosses but his kicking was poor.

Otsemobor 6, Didn''t go forward too much and not a lot to do at the back, steady if unspectacular

Doherty 7, Won everything in the air but was caught out at times with the long balls from Charlton

Omosuzi 6, Looks much better at centre half then at full back

Drury 6, Much more reliable than Bertrand and did a tidy job

Croft 5, Very quiet compared to recent games, he gave the ball away far too much and failed to beat the first man on most crosses

Clingan 5, Not at his best, nice pass for the goal but apart from that, rubbish

Pattison 5, Slow and unfit to me always goes backwards and sidewards with his passing as well

Bell 5, Was quite slow and didn''t run at anyone. Some good crosses and some bad, not his best day

Hoolahan 6, Was the only player who looked like creating anything he gave it away a lot though but he tackled as well as anyone

Lita 7, Held the ball up very well and lead the line well on his own, could have had more.

Marshall - 6 - Took almost all of the crosses easily. Made a good (but telegraphed) save but his kicking is still extremely poor and hindered us offensively too much for me. If he can''t kick it, throw it or pass it out.Ots - 5 - Quiet didn''t get forward half as much as he should have done, didn''t have jack to do defensively.Doc - 6 - Coped well with Gray, but to be honest Gray was probably the single worst striker I''ve seen at CR this year. Still cannot clear the ball properly and tried his best to throw our midfield difficult dice.Omo - 7 - Looked quick, in control and composed. Coped well in the air and swept up everything on the floor. Doc could learn a lesson on him about how to direct headers...Drury - 5 - Was arguably facing Charltons  best player, Sam. Didn''t get past Sam once all game, I guess on the other hand Sam didn''t get past him once, but having nothing coming past him down the wing should have made his attacking forays so much easier, it didn''t and he looks his age.Croft - 5 - All the lovely running in the world but still no decent crossing, no end product and entirely incompetent at beating the Charlton LB. Couldn''t help but feel that his numbers been met.Clingan - 5 - Not really that effective, had the ball lots, didn''t do anything with it. As soon as the Charlton heads dropped he decided he wanted to play football, how can you just one minute look completely apathetic to being a dominating force. He should have tanked this midfield battle and he didn''t, that worries me.Fattinson - 4 - Does he actually have legs? He looked like a statue and as long as he is in the middle with Clingan we will struggle for goals. Oft Hoolahan and Lita were left isolated whilst the statue looked on wondering what was for tea. Did jack with the ball as well and didn''t really need to do any tackles. I think we probably would have done better if he wasn''t even on the pitch.Bell - 5 - Not a left winger, his number was taken after 15 minutes. Cranies a good RB and isn''t an idiot, if you can''t cross with your left foot then he knows where yer gonna go EVERY time... Looked uninteresting in linking with Drury (can''t blame him) and to be honest his corners, although beating the first man were uninteresting and easy to read. I know he has little to aim at but then he''s gotta start try new things. Putting the ball in the same place, or doing the same cut inside everytime is just a plain waste of time.Hoolahan - 7 - The only midfielder (and player apart from Lita) who did anything offensively. So often isolated due to the hot chocolate game the rest of our midfield were playing. He tried to get things moving and linked well with Lita but you can''t help but feel that when Lita goes he''ll have nobody to bounce off and I wouldn''t blame him in jumping ship. There''s only so much you can do till the other team realise you are the only competent midfielder in a team and start blocking him out. Everytime we played the ball square for 10 minutes it was because Hoolahan was being marked out. He took the ball and got the game flowing everytime he could.Lita - 7 - Simply put the only true quality player on show. When he goes we''re screwed. His bit of skill won us the game. And he could have had more. Maybe even a hatrick. It just made me feel sick that everything went through him. He''s gonna be gone soon and it''s gonna be game over for us.Subs:Cort looked quite good and in surprisingly good physique. He was a bit off the pace of the game, but impressed me with his reading of the game and his willingness to get involved after a long lay-off.Fozzy did nothing as per usual but I guess that was quite a good thing because at least that meant he didn''t foul up the game for us. In summary, a poor performance against a poor team and certainly not Arsenal in action...

God only knows what game you guys were watching!!!

Doc and Omo were superb at the back - absolutely nothing got past them all afternoon.

Thought Croft looked excellent again yesterday too, he looks like a completely new player - reborn with a new lease of confidence. Faded towards the end, but not surprising if he''s been under the weather.