Sign in to follow this  
SI

Derby Match Thread

Lee Probert...did Norwich reject him from the academy or something? eat his children? insult his hair style? i mean... wtf is he doing out there! hes almost as pro ipswich as he was pro derby two seasons ago

[quote user="Making Plans"]I thought both decisions were dead right[/quote]I totally agree!What a shot from Clingan, unlucky to hit the bar. Definitely a corner though!

...oh?  How about that non-corner, then?  And the booking of Clingan/non-booking of Volz - imo neither were worthy of a card but Volz was the worse challenge.  Probert is cack.  Fact.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]...oh?  How about that non-corner, then?  And the booking of Clingan/non-booking of Volz - imo neither were worthy of a card but Volz was the worse challenge.  Probert is cack.  Fact.[/quote]

Agreed.  Odd decisions from Probby the nobby

We look better with Hoolahoop pushing further forward to join Lita in attack.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Just as well we didn''t go today, heard there was fisty cuffs near Lloyds about 11-30, also the sun is shining right into the Barclay, so wouldn''t be able to see a bleeding thing lol.

[/quote]

Good job you did not go then.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Agreed the REF is a complete clown. Showing plenty of fight but no end product at the moment.
[/quote]

TO be fair it is all too easy to have a moan about the refs, who have a difficult task - I just wish their inconsistency would go in our favour occasionally.....

Our set pieces have been better today- why was that a freekick to Wright? - Wasn''t he the one doing the offence?!

[quote user="Polar"]Fantastic move....

to be fair good defending too...[/quote]Fantastic move, good defending to limit Pattisons shot, so unlucky! Well played yet again by Lita.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Just as well we didn''t go today, heard there was fisty cuffs near Lloyds about 11-30, also the sun is shining right into the Barclay, so wouldn''t be able to see a bleeding thing lol.

[/quote]

Good job you did not go then.

[/quote]

Wouldn''t have worried me to be honest about the trouble, it happens on Derby days.  Just seen the fans in the Barclay on Sky trying to see the game [:S]

totally outplayed them, but failed to score, that is the worrying thing.

More of the same please.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Big question - can we play that good in the 2nd half & can Ipswich play that bad[/quote]

For the fans that have gone I hope they can play well 2nd half.

This is where i have an issue with Hoolahan playing behind Lita. To do that role well you have to be able to weigh in with your share of goals like Gerrard did last year behind Torres, and let''s be honest, for all his qualities he''s not a goal scorer. It puts too much pressure on the loan Striker and makes it easier on the opponents back 4 to pick him up. Id put him on the left (with Drury behind him), move Bell to the right and stick Lupoli up top with Lita. It may well be the formation to go with away but i think we need a bit more ambition at home.

I agree Mr B - this formation seems to be perfect for away games, but doesn''t quite give us enough up front for home games when we are meant to be doing most of the attacking.  But to be fair, on another day we may well have been one or two goals to the good by now.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]This is where i have an issue with Hoolahan playing behind Lita. To do that role well you have to be able to weigh in with your share of goals like Gerrard did last year behind Torres, and let''s be honest, for all his qualities he''s not a goal scorer. It puts too much pressure on the loan Striker and makes it easier on the opponents back 4 to pick him up. Id put him on the left (with Drury behind him), move Bell to the right and stick Lupoli up top with Lita. It may well be the formation to go with away but i think we need a bit more ambition at home.[/quote]I agree, I would stick Hoolohan on the left and play Pattison and Russell in the role behind Lita (for away games). Purely because they have both shown they can stick the ball in the net. Then play Lita/Lupoli with a new target man!  We just need a Iwan Roberts type of outlet.

I thought it was great team effort by Norwich in the first half. Man to man they played for each other, found space, played reasonably attractive football and, when Ipswich did get possession, for the most part ( the Walters opening being the exception ) Norwich defending was tight to the opponent. It would be nice to see more of the same in the second half.

I am quite impressed by the midfield so far today, Clingan looks good and Pattison is covering a lot of ground too. I always worry about out midfield but they seem top be working very hard, if we sort the defence out we could have a decent team here, it''s not all doom and gloom yet, we just need to put a run together.

[quote user="Marty"]

totally outplayed them, but failed to score, that is the worrying thing.

More of the same please.

[/quote]Agreed, we''ve played very well, but we NEED to starting score goals.To be fair, we haven''t really created any clear-cut chances bar Pattisons effort.Lita''s header and Clingans deflected shots were half chances

[quote user="Marty"]I am quite impressed by the midfield so far today, Clingan looks good and Pattison is covering a lot of ground too. I always worry about out midfield but they seem top be working very hard, if we sort the defence out we could have a decent team here, it''s not all doom and gloom yet, we just need to put a run together.[/quote]Clingan has been superb, at both ends of the pitch...... his defending in particular has been sublime, the composure of a premiership player....