Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

Keith Harris

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="FramCanary"]

Why are we unable to move Lappin on? - because all clubs that have shown an interest in him have been put off by his wage level.

[/quote]

And there was me thinking it was because he was crap. Never knew this before, it''s amazing what "facts" the Accounts throw up.

[/quote]

Mark McGhee (Motherwell Manager) - 9/08 ''Someone like Simon Lappin, whom we had here on loan last year, was available from Norwich, but we can''t get anywhere near his wages'' Scotland on Sunday.

I''ve made my point. I agree to disagree with you. You will never convince me that the current board are doing a good job, & I am unlikely to convince you of the opposite!.

[/quote]

Motherwell are a tinpot club, what do you expect? If that was another Championship similar to us then I would suggest that you had a point, which of course you don''t.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="FramCanary"]

Why are we unable to move Lappin on? - because all clubs that have shown an interest in him have been put off by his wage level.

[/quote]

And there was me thinking it was because he was crap. Never knew this before, it''s amazing what "facts" the Accounts throw up.

[/quote]

Mark McGhee (Motherwell Manager) - 9/08 ''Someone like Simon Lappin, whom we had here on loan last year, was available from Norwich, but we can''t get anywhere near his wages'' Scotland on Sunday.

I''ve made my point. I agree to disagree with you. You will never convince me that the current board are doing a good job, & I am unlikely to convince you of the opposite!.

[/quote]

Motherwell are a tinpot club, what do you expect? If that was another Championship similar to us then I would suggest that you had a point, which of course you don''t.

[/quote]

Don''t waste your time with these apologists Fram!

We could be relegated, enter administration & still Smith & her board would be excused. Be Bob''s fault I would imagine!.

Their dwindling numbers remain by her side, defending her with all their might - poor souls!

considering most of the championship teams are running at a loss i fail to see how he can justify that!!.

surely any potential buyer would look into this before making a big purchase.

if he is making wild promises like that i certainly dont fancy our chances of getting sold.

[quote user="singing canary"]

considering most of the championship teams are running at a loss i fail to see how he can justify that!!.

if he is making wild promises like that i certainly dont fancy our chances of getting sold.

[/quote]

As potential buyer Peter Cullum said, ''''The £20 million is an investment that is very unlikely to yield a good return other than emotional and it''s something I''ve always wanted to do."

Although aware that a takeover is unlikely to return a profit, Cullum still appears keen to pursue his interest. Cullum, now an MP, is a current season ticket holder, but will be hoping that if his bid is accepted, he will be watching his beloved side from the director''s box rather than the terraces.

''''I don''t want to be the front person for the football club - that''s Delia. I don''t want fame and publicity. If there is to be some sort of deal I would like it to be on friendly terms," he said.

Source - Daily Telegraph.

We shall wait to find out how many other potential buyer''s Harris can find!

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="FramCanary"]

Smith & Jones employ Keith Harris to find a buyer as they now seem intent on selling. Harris (an expert in brokering deals involving sale & aquisition of football clubs) has stated that investors in clubs can expect a return on capital of between 5% & 10%, with no requirement to invest further sums:

“I have been able to demonstrate that if you do it correctly, the club should generate sufficient cash to fund itself,” he said. “So having bought it you shouldn''t have to put more money in unless you choose to. And you can generate a return of 5-10% in the value of the club every year over a period of seven to 10 years.”

This alone, tells you all you need to know about how badly our club is being run.

They have employed Harris, who (in turn) has effectively confirmed that the club is simply not being run correctly from a financial viewpoint.

How ironic!

[/quote]

Utter rubbish, Harris has only dealt with Premier league clubs, which should be generating profit due to the high income that they receive, the fact that Norwich are operating at a loss doesn''t mean we are a badly run club, due to the fact that EVERY club in this league is operating at a loss each season. There is no money in this league, the only way we could start making a profit, is if we freed up our wage bill. Wish people would stop taking pot shots at our board when they clearly no nothing!
[/quote]

Perhaps you could have a stab at explaining to all of us where the £26m of parachute & transfer monies have gone. Being a shareholder, I fully study each years Accounts (for what they are worth) - do you?.

[/quote]

And, how much did we get from Sky TV - for our live game appearances during our flirt in the Premiership? More than a tenner, I''d bet!

Read or heard somewhere that Harris says that at the moment it is near impossible for him to find a buyer for teams like Newcastle and Everton. I think that football is heading for a real shhiit creek moment, Sky will not keep paying that much and there will be the odd playthings by the Arabs.

Jas, I think I read that Bristol annouced big losses this year and QPR do too, just they have some rich arrogant prats in charge, that will end in tears there.

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

As potential buyer Peter Cullum said, ''''The £20 million is an investment that is very unlikely to yield a good return other than emotional and it''s something I''ve always wanted to do."

Although aware that a takeover is unlikely to return a profit, Cullum still appears keen to pursue his interest. Cullum, now an MP, is a current season ticket holder, but will be hoping that if his bid is accepted, he will be watching his beloved side from the director''s box rather than the terraces.

''''I don''t want to be the front person for the football club - that''s Delia. I don''t want fame and publicity. If there is to be some sort of deal I would like it to be on friendly terms," he said.

[/quote]

I bet £1000 that Keith speaks to Cullum first. Being the only person who has shown any form of interest to invest he''d have to be an idiot not to make Cullum his first port of call.

That is unless ND lied when he said there were no restrictions on who he can speak to. But then Neil doesn''t lie.....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Read or heard somewhere that Harris says that at the moment it is near impossible for him to find a buyer for teams like Newcastle and Everton. I think that football is heading for a real shhiit creek moment, Sky will not keep paying that much and there will be the odd playthings by the Arabs.

Jas, I think I read that Bristol annouced big losses this year and QPR do too, just they have some rich arrogant prats in charge, that will end in tears there.

[/quote]

So if whispering Bob ''arris can''t find a buyer for the Geordie''s and the Scally''s......what''s the point of acquiring his services for him to shift our club?

"Sorry Deals no Deals, but I can''t seem to shift two large detached 5 bedroom houses for love nor money - and nobody seems to be interested in your run o'' the mill Southwold beach-hut.....(Even though it''s got a large kitchenette)....but, I''ve seen you comin'' so keep throwin'' a few quid my way and I''ll keep on looking and listening....Can''t promise owt mind yer? Anyway, I''ve got a lovely bijou conservatory that you can have for a few grand....Could use it as a dugout an'' keep the bench-boys and ever expanding ancillary coaching staff an'' hanger''s on nice an'' toastie now that it''s gettin'' a bit parky...fancy it? It''s real UVPC and I''ll throw in a large yucca plant, how''s that" 

[quote user="DEB"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously potential buyer Peter Cullum was not that emotionally attached, or perhaps someone gave him some financial advice.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="DEB"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously potential buyer Peter Cullum was not that emotionally attached, or perhaps someone gave him some financial advice.

[/quote]

Or probably that he was ''emotionally dispatched'' by the CE and Co - after offering the Directionless some financial advice.

Yup, I agree. I''m sure Mr Cullum (a more than successful billionaire businessman) - should have quite frankly sought some financial advice....Otherwise, he''ll just end up like that Mikey Carroll...

Psst! I heard that PC wants to turn Carra into a Banger racing stadium - and that the club shop should sell loadsa bling and burberry sh*te....and gallons of stella and pies and levver jackets - and hopefully install a tattoo parlour where ''Yellows'' is....Minted! 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

So if whispering Bob ''arris can''t find a buyer for the Geordie''s and the Scally''s......what''s the point of acquiring his services for him to shift our club?

"Sorry Deals no Deals, but I can''t seem to shift two large detached 5 bedroom houses for love nor money - and nobody seems to be interested in your run o'' the mill Southwold beach-hut.....(Even though it''s got a large kitchenette)....but, I''ve seen you comin'' so keep throwin'' a few quid my way and I''ll keep on looking and listening....Can''t promise owt mind yer? Anyway, I''ve got a lovely bijou conservatory that you can have for a few grand....Could use it as a dugout an'' keep the bench-boys and ever expanding ancillary coaching staff an'' hanger''s on nice an'' toastie now that it''s gettin'' a bit parky...fancy it? It''s real UVPC and I''ll throw in a large yucca plant, how''s that" 

[/quote]

One of the biggest problems with Liverpool FC is that any buyer would also have to fund the building of a new stadium at somewhere north of £200M after buying the Club. Mike Ashley, love him or hate him, has paid off all of Newcastle''s debt and is looking to recoup that outlay, in addtion to the costs of the shares and an unrealistic profit expectation.

One of the biggest problems with *Liverpool FC* is that any buyer would also have to fund the building of a new stadium at somewhere north of £200M after buying the Club. Mike Ashley, love him or hate him, has paid off all of Newcastle''s debt and is looking to recoup that outlay, in addtion to the costs of the shares and an unrealistic profit expectation.

*Everton*

How about "love or hate ''em" - our over a decade at the helm Majority Shareholding Duo? Who, having not paid off all of Norwich''s debt (which has increased somewhat during their tenure)....And who are more than likely seeking to recoup their loans and financial input with an unrealistic profit expectation to the costs of their shares.....?

That''s why "the biggest problems" was proceeded with "One of" Mello, when referring to Liverpool. Yep, Everton too are also a big problem for Liverpool and, likewise, they''re looking to build a new stadium also!

Who knows what price they''re actually seeking Mello? Do you?

Are they actually wanting £30 per share, or, whatever they paid for them, or something less? 

[quote user="FramCanary"]

Smith & Jones employ Keith Harris to find a buyer as they now seem intent on selling. Harris (an expert in brokering deals involving sale & aquisition of football clubs) has stated that investors in clubs can expect a return on capital of between 5% & 10%, with no requirement to invest further sums:

“I have been able to demonstrate that if you do it correctly, the club should generate sufficient cash to fund itself,” he said. “So having bought it you shouldn''t have to put more money in unless you choose to. And you can generate a return of 5-10% in the value of the club every year over a period of seven to 10 years.”

This alone, tells you all you need to know about how badly our club is being run.

They have employed Harris, who (in turn) has effectively confirmed that the club is simply not being run correctly from a financial viewpoint.

How ironic!

[/quote]

Have you seen this Fram?:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/2176869.stm