Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Treatment of Star Player, relegation Fight, Unpopular with Fans!

Burnley

Roeder followed his tenure at Watford by taking a season away from the limelight, assuming a back seat role as Chris Waddle''s assistant manager at Burnley.

The partnership did not prove to be successful and the pair narrowly

avoided steering Burnley into the bottom tier of English football. Only

a home victory over Plymouth Argyle

on the last day staved off the spectre of relegation. Roeder proved to

be both an unpopular and controversial figure to the Burnley fans,

hitting a low point when he was reported to have said that star-player Glen Little

was "not fit to lace the boots" of manager Chris Waddle. Roeder left

his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club

after only a single season in charge.

Good post mate.Spot on could not argue w ith you.have been saying this since Glenda Roeder has been here.I am not jumping on bandwaggon the man is cluless down right arragont never has done any good anywhere.There is unrest in the squad the players seem as though they dont want to play for him.My son has just finished in the acadmey at colney so i have seen it at first hand

Before Roeder came on the scene, did we not want a manager with an attitude, who would set the stall out and do things his way?

[quote user="Largey"]

Before Roeder came on the scene, did we not want a manager with an attitude, who would set the stall out and do things his way?

[/quote]No, I can''t recall wanting a manager with an attitude, I just wanted a manager who could manage the team

Another typical Smith loser to go with the rest she has hired.....

It takes great skill to get things so wrong so often.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

Burnley

Roeder followed his tenure at Watford by taking a season away from the limelight, assuming a back seat role as Chris Waddle''s assistant manager at Burnley. The partnership did not prove to be successful and the pair narrowly avoided steering Burnley into the bottom tier of English football. Only a home victory over Plymouth Argyle on the last day staved off the spectre of relegation. Roeder proved to be both an unpopular and controversial figure to the Burnley fans, hitting a low point when he was reported to have said that star-player Glen Little was "not fit to lace the boots" of manager Chris Waddle. Roeder left his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club after only a single season in charge.

[/quote]

A link to the story would be good......

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="John Boubepo"]

Burnley

Roeder followed his tenure at Watford by taking a season away from the limelight, assuming a back seat role as Chris Waddle''s assistant manager at Burnley. The partnership did not prove to be successful and the pair narrowly avoided steering Burnley into the bottom tier of English football. Only a home victory over Plymouth Argyle on the last day staved off the spectre of relegation. Roeder proved to be both an unpopular and controversial figure to the Burnley fans, hitting a low point when he was reported to have said that star-player Glen Little was "not fit to lace the boots" of manager Chris Waddle. Roeder left his role at Burnley alongside Waddle when the pair departed the club after only a single season in charge.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s from wikipedia.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="John Boubepo"]

Burnley

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s from wikipedia.

[/quote]

I think that this relates to the 97/98 season, and at the time people felt that Glen Little was a luxury that tried too many tricks and gave the ball away far too often. I was at a Burnley vs Bolton game (when Stan Ternant was manager) and Glen was booed for gifting the opposition a goal. The jury was split on Glen Little and I don''t think that he made too much of an impression at Reading.

Also, it might be worth sticking to the current period for Roeder mistakes as this is clearly a bit tenuous to say the least.

Does anyone know if Roeder has raped Nuns or eaten babies while fighting for the Germans on the Western Front between 1914 - 18?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="John Boubepo"]

Burnley

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s from wikipedia.

[/quote]

I think that this relates to the 97/98 season, and at the time people felt that Glen Little was a luxury that tried too many tricks and gave the ball away far too often. I was at a Burnley vs Bolton game (when Stan Ternant was manager) and Glen was booed for gifting the opposition a goal. The jury was split on Glen Little and I don''t think that he made too much of an impression at Reading.

Also, it might be worth sticking to the current period for Roeder mistakes as this is clearly a bit tenuous to say the least.

Does anyone know if Roeder has raped Nuns or eaten babies while fighting for the Germans on the Western Front between 1914 - 18?

[quote user="Hans Castorp"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="John Boubepo"]

Burnley

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s from wikipedia.

[/quote]

[/quote]I was just drawing clear comparisons - nothing more, as for Glen Little not making too much impression when he went to Reading, here''s another quote [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Little]Little''s talents were widely regarded as one of the main reasons behind Reading''s promotion to the Premier League at the end of the 05/06 season, with Little scoring 5 goals (including a delightful chip against Plymouth Argyle) and setting up 14, more than any other player in the league.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Good post mate.Spot on could not argue w ith you.have been saying this since Glenda Roeder has been here.I am not jumping on bandwaggon the man is cluless down right arragont never has done any good anywhere.There is unrest in the squad the players seem as though they dont want to play for him.My son has just finished in the acadmey at colney so i have seen it at first hand
[/quote]

There may well be unrest but isn''t that the case at any club who are doing poorly on the field? I have been concerned about what I believed were possibly poor man management skills when he launched in with that verbal tirade against Neil Adams. At the time I was derided with comments like...''Adams had it coming, should know better'' etc. No-one slagged off Roeder then. Why? Simple - we were winning games!!

So please answer this question: were you making these savage attacks on Roeder last February when were within 4 points off the play off spots at one stage?  

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Hucks6"]Good post mate.Spot on could not argue w ith you.have been saying this since Glenda Roeder has been here.I am not jumping on bandwaggon the man is cluless down right arragont never has done any good anywhere.There is unrest in the squad the players seem as though they dont want to play for him.My son has just finished in the acadmey at colney so i have seen it at first hand
[/quote]

There may well be unrest but isn''t that the case at any club who are doing poorly on the field? I have been concerned about what I believed were possibly poor man management skills when he launched in with that verbal tirade against Neil Adams. At the time I was derided with comments like...''Adams had it coming, should know better'' etc. No-one slagged off Roeder then. Why? Simple - we were winning games!!

So please answer this question: were you making these savage attacks on Roeder last February when were within 4 points off the play off spots at one stage?  

[/quote]

Also, can someone outline how many kids go on trial at the Academy, I work with 2 - 3 people whose children have been assessed, and it seems as if the Academy is not quite as exclusive as it appears.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I doubt anyone was - but that''s because his methods were working...  Now they aren''t so people are getting worried.

The thing about being angry all the time is that you have nowhere else to go afterwards.  I remember a story my brother told me when he was a student teacher.   He was observing a class with an experienced teacher and the kids started acting up. 

This old boy teacher lost it and sent out two lads in the first five minutes of the lesson...  after that he had nothing to threaten the class with so they just did what they wanted.

What was he going to do?  Send them all out of the lesson?

That is the situation Roeder finds himself in with this squad of players - he has been Mr Angry from Day 1, even when things were going well so nwhere does he go now things are going wrong??  Get more angry??  Get really really angry?!?!

"So please answer this question: were you making these savage attacks on

Roeder last February when were within 4 points off the play off spots

at one stage?"
Yes actually I was critical of Roeder back in February, [read my posts] all in all he''s an easy guy to work out - Bad tempered - Arrogant - Distrustful - Vindictive - snidey and Unsuccessful.For me even in February the writing was on the wall - An average bunch of players need a true leader if they are to play any better than average, a manager who they respect, like and admire who can lift team spirit and gel them together with confidence and belief, instead they have Roeder

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

It''s from wikipedia.

[/quote]Oh, well then, it must be true*snigger*[/quote]Obviously any suggetion that Roeder wasn''t popular at prevous clubs with fans and players can''t be true, can it? we all know he''s a real peach of a guy in reality!