Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Ross McCormack cost 100k

He has scored 8 goals in 12 games for Cardiff and has been called up to the Wales Squad, he is said to be rated by Cardiff fans as as good as Earnie.

Did Bryan Gunn, Peter Grant and Jim Duffy miss this one in Scotland? of course they did, but Roeder should be gambling small sums like this too.

Buying cheap misfits, reserve players and league one players with potential was a strike of genius by Worthington, and should be replicated.

looked poor in his distrubution, work effort, movement when we played them but then he had one chance and took it very good. signs of good striker when he does that. got potential but i think he will be one of these one hit wonders who get 20goals then next year gets 8 or 9

[quote user="top the league and we avin a laugh"]

looked poor in his distrubution, work effort, movement when we played them but then he had one chance and took it very good. signs of good striker when he does that. got potential but i think he will be one of these one hit wonders who get 20goals then next year gets 8 or 9

[/quote]

I meant to say is playing for Scotland.

Anyway mate, he scored goals for Motherwell, he scored a couple of important goals for Rangers in his teens, he scored on loan at Doncaster, he scored for the Scotland Under 21s, Wigan and Middlesborough were looking at him.

So maybe hes a five season wonder then hey mate? I think that if a Scottish player actually does anything in England then hes a good player.

[quote user="top the league and we avin a laugh"]

[/quote]

Anyway poor distribution and work effort is Earnshaw all over. Poor Movement and Distribution and Pace is Jamie Cureton all over. I dont think that you can accuse a striker of having poor movement if he has been in the positions necessary to score 8 goals in 12 games.

i mean he was standing still alot when midfield had the ball etc... in his movement was poor - could just been off day as i seen him play once

could player for the price for sure. reminds me bit of jeffers when he was good as fox in the box. seems to be in the right places at the right times

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]Good goals to game ratio in all competitions. Cardiff got lucky.[/quote]

maybe, when cardiffs spiralling debts force them into administration, we should go for him

I believe this happened when we signed Lappin, Murray, Brellier and Strihavka, but then the club got slated then as well... slated if we don''t sign cheapies with potential slated if we do, they can''t win. Sometimes players like McCormack, Kightly and Doyle come good, sometimes they don''t.

sure - there''s always one nugget that will shine up - but plenty more who fall by the wayside,,,i can see why roedy gambled on some bigger names, but alas - there are too many yet to live upto their reputations yet...

I said we should buy him during the Summer when he was still playing in Scotland for Motherwell. He was named as Young footballer of the year in Scotland last season and out of contract this summer, thats the reason why he went so cheap. It was compensation to Motherwell because he''s under 21. He was tipped to be signing for Notts Forest but at the last minute chose to go to Cardiff.

The best signing Roeder made in the summer seems to be Bell...and he came from a lower league. Surely there are others out there like him.

[quote user="whoareyou"]The best signing Roeder made in the summer seems to be Bell...and he came from a lower league. Surely there are others out there like him.[/quote]

And Clingan, who was sort of from a lower league.

just look at my own team for who we signed players off! can only think of iwelumo - charlton, jones - derby

in players which were signed from clubs level on par or better than us at the time

we have bought of  grays, scunthorpe, 2x luton, gillingham, colchester, bournemouth, plymouth etc...all in first team or subs bench (pushing 1st team)

good tactic to get in early on the best talent or look at vulnerable clubs money wise

clingnan still doing well for you guys?

didnt get much looking in with us but never looked anything more than average. like to see him go onto good career similar to keith andrews (blackburn) who was the same