Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

ROEADER HOPING TO EXTEND LITA LOAN DEAL

Roeder hoping to extend Lita loan spell

04 November 2008

Norwich City will today try to wrap up a deal to keep Leroy Lita at Carrow Road after a renewal of his loan spell failed to go through yesterday.

Manager Glenn Roeder and his opposite number at Reading, Steve Coppell, had both indicated that the deal was almost certain to go through after the weekend''s trip to Burnley.

But there was no announcement yesterday, with City''s chief executive Neil Doncaster declining to comment while the wheels were in motion.

Lita scored four goals in six starts, including a hat-trick against Wolves, and should the deal fall through, Roeder will have to look to his back-up strikers, Arturo Lupoli and Jamie Cureton, although both have fallen out of favour recently.

Lupoli has scored three times this season, but has started only one game since opening the scoring in the 2-1 win at Plymouth in mid-September and has been told by Roeder that he needs to get used to the strong-arm tactics of Championship defenders.

The Italian hasn''t featured in the last three City squads, while Cureton hasn''t started a game since August 23, at Cardiff - and hasn''t scored since last Easter.

Lita, in the final year of his contract at Reading, has been linked with other clubs, including West Brom, Bristol City and Crystal Palace, with Reading expected to be asking around £2.5m for the former England Under-21 international.

However, Palace boss Neil Warnock said yesterday he had no interest in the 23-year-old after reports that he wanted to offer midfielder Ben Watson in a swap deal.

“I''ve no intention of letting Ben go at the minute - even in August I didn''t want him to leave,” said Warnock. “I''m not interested in Lita.”

I don''t know where they get the 2.5 million valuation of a player who is out of contract at the end of the season, they''ll be lucky to get 750k for him. He could leave for nothing in the summer so only a fool would pay that much money for him, probably just another piece of poor journalism by Archant.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I don''t know where they get the 2.5 million valuation of a player who is out of contract at the end of the season, they''ll be lucky to get 750k for him. He could leave for nothing in the summer so only a fool would pay that much money for him, probably just another piece of poor journalism by Archant.[/quote]

I think you will find the valuation is that of Reading.  Negotiable, no doubt.

I don''t like how they refer to Lupoli as a "back up striker" & sincerely hope that isn''t how he is viewed by Roeder and the club.

Roeder seems to think players "earn" their place by the work and effort they put into training. I would suggest that they are given their chance by playing in the team and proving themself that way, not only that, but given a little support and a run of games, not being the subject of quotes and utterances every day, like little boys being scrutinised by the Headmaster, which is how it comes across -"...if you''re a good boy, and work hard, we might let you out to play at the weekend..."

Does that mean that far less talented and important players can sweat buckets in training every day, but, creatively offer little, are guaranteed their place, simply by means of their graft and effort?

If he is only going to extend it by a month it is best that he waits until at least the 8th, i.e Saturday, so that he is eligable to play against the Scum on 7th December

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]If he is only going to extend it by a month it is best that he waits until at least the 8th, i.e Saturday, so that he is eligable to play against the Scum on 7th December[/quote]

Wisest thoughts I''ve seen on this and fits with our prudent attitude of wage saving

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]If he is only going to extend it by a month it is best that he waits until at least the 8th, i.e Saturday, so that he is eligable to play against the Scum on 7th December[/quote]I knew there were a few who talked sense on this forum.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

I don''t understand why we didn''t sort out a loan extension last week while he was still here.  

[/quote]

Because 1- GR is manager and 2- the club have no money so no doubt a lot of begging has gone on and 3- It''s NCFC and typical cock ups are so...........typical.