Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Gary Doherty

For along time now, I''ve felt that the Doc has been very harsly dealt with by some quarters of the crowd.

For me, it was clear for along time that Shackall was the weak-link in the city defence, and hopefully now Doc has the chance to play with Dejan, we will see a strong city back-line once again.

Gary Doherty is a a solid squad player, but i''d rather see a partnership of Dejan and Kennedy. I can''t believe fans are saying he plays so much better now shackell has gone. That''s a pathetic argument! If that''s true than how come Shackell always played better besides Dublin?

I think GD has had the kick up the arse he''s needed since being here. For the first time Doc has had to play for the his shirt.

100% agree. Shacks and Doherty just didnt play well together, thats not Shacks fault or Doherty''s but they both wanted to do the same job for the team which is be the centre back attacking the ball which always left us exposed, Stefanovic is a more composed player who is prepared to cover round and organise, the same with Dublin who could use his experience to help the other centre back. Centre back is just like any other position on the field, you prefer not to have two of the same type of player, but two players who can work together as a unit with differing styles that suit each other.

[quote user="beejinz"]

All the sad saps that said the Doc was great must now eat sh*t

Our defence is rubbish

[/quote]You are a tit.

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="beejinz"]

All the sad saps that said the Doc was great must now eat sh*t

Our defence is rubbish

[/quote]You are a tit. [/quote]Agreed.Beejinz''s contribution to this thread has been quite ridiculous and he''s showed himself to be nothing but an armchair supporter. Docs out of the side for the first time in 3 matches and we ship 3 goals and lose, that says it all.