Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Prospects

Personally I think we''ve got a very promising season ahead of us. Look at our team - Marshall, Omozusi, Kennedy, Dejan, Bertrand, Bell, Russell, Clingan, Hoolahan, Sibierski & Lupoli - for example. I honesty believe that team can compete with anyone in this league, and with a bit of luck we can be back mixing at the top of the table.

Honestly guys, how do you think out current team would fair against our promotion winning side a few years back? Don''t shoot me down about them all being loans - I think the strength we have now is very encouraging. Lets get behind the boys!!

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Personally I think we''ve got a very promising season ahead of us. Look at our team - Marshall, Omozusi, Kennedy, Dejan, Bertrand, Bell, Russell, Clingan, Hoolahan, Sibierski & Lupoli - for example. I honesty believe that team can compete with anyone in this league, and with a bit of luck we can be back mixing at the top of the table. Honestly guys, how do you think out current team would fair against our promotion winning side a few years back? Don''t shoot me down about them all being loans - I think the strength we have now is very encouraging. Lets get behind the boys!![/quote]

Great post - I bet it gets hijacked by Le Misserables.

I am encouraged andthinkwe now havea great oppertunityto surprise a lot ofpeople - bring it on!

Be prepared... very prepared for a verbal attack of people saying "you are deluded" and "will enjoy seeing norwich crumble" and expect the old "what if someone get injured"

Predictable quotes for those pessimists who have been expecting a miracle from Glenn.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Personally I think we''ve got a very promising season ahead of us. Look at our team - Marshall, Omozusi, Kennedy, Dejan, Bertrand, Bell, Russell, Clingan, Hoolahan, Sibierski & Lupoli - for example. I honesty believe that team can compete with anyone in this league, and with a bit of luck we can be back mixing at the top of the table.

Honestly guys, how do you think out current team would fair against our promotion winning side a few years back? Don''t shoot me down about them all being loans - I think the strength we have now is very encouraging. Lets get behind the boys!![/quote]But we don''t own any of these players... woe is me, etc...

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Thing is, we could have got Robinho on loan and some people on here still wouldn''t be happy.[/quote]Yeah I am sure everyone would be doing their nut if that had happened.

Many of us who question the number of loans (not the use of loans) do so out of a concern for what happens each close season. When the season ends those players go back to their clubs and might not be coming back. If they do well for us it becomes difficult to get them back, e.g. Ched, or they become more expensive to try and sign on permanent deals. Hence the feeling that the club goes back to square one each time.

When Glenn had his big clear out it was clear to me that there was absolutely no chance of creating a squad in the short term without a heavy dpendence on the loan system. I believed at that time it would be 3 years before Glenn would be able to build a ''permanent'' squad capable of challenging for promotion. He has essentially sorted out the midfield this season and no doubt will look to do the same with the defence and forward line in future seasons. Given the board''s reluctajce or inability to finance significant player investment I suspect this process will take even longer as Glenn will have to self-finance player acquisitions through player sales. It would be great to see players like Bertrand and Kennedy signed as permanents but where will the money come from to do this assuming their clubs would be wiling to do deals. 

To express these views is not pessimism but a pragmatic lokk at the realities facing our management team. It would be fantastic if we could gain promotion as the money sloshing about in the Premiership would make the process of squad building that much quicker .... assuming our beloved board would be prepared to ''squander'' the mony on the football club.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]Personally I think we''ve got a very promising season ahead of us. Look at our team - Marshall, Omozusi, Kennedy, Dejan, Bertrand, Bell, Russell, Clingan, Hoolahan, Sibierski & Lupoli - for example. I honesty believe that team can compete with anyone in this league, and with a bit of luck we can be back mixing at the top of the table. Honestly guys, how do you think out current team would fair against our promotion winning side a few years back? Don''t shoot me down about them all being loans - I think the strength we have now is very encouraging. Lets get behind the boys!![/quote]

Play-offs for sure, get your money on