Sign in to follow this  
sterei

Calling all Norwich City fans who use the A11

Open question to all - Are there any good reasons why we wouldn''t want better road links with the UK Capital of Technology  Cambridge, Stansted, Gatwick and Heathrow, and all of London ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Open question to all - Are there any good reasons why we wouldn''t want better road links with the UK Capital of Technology  Cambridge, Stansted, Gatwick and Heathrow, and all of London ?

[/quote]As long as we invest in border policing to stop rich London second home owner''s invading our beautiful county I have no problems with it.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

As long as we invest in border policing to stop rich London second home owner''s invading our beautiful county I have no problems with it.

[/quote]

They''ve already done it, have you never been to Burnham Market of a weekend in the summer ? [:)]

And as if by magic it''s been closed by yet another accident today and I as usual am sitting here looking at another endless line of lorries outside my house waiting to get out but there is no point as I''ll just hae to sit there with them.

Maybe I should start selling teas & coffees with bacon rolls.

[quote user="AndyJR"]As long as we invest in border policing to stop rich London second home owner''s invading our beautiful county I have no problems with it.[/quote]Rich! Living in Norfolk! LET THEM IN - SELL THEM THE CLUB! :)

[quote user="fleckmatic"][quote user="AndyJR"]

As long as we invest in border policing to stop rich London second home owner''s invading our beautiful county I have no problems with it.

[/quote]

Rich! Living in Norfolk! LET THEM IN - SELL THEM THE CLUB! :)
[/quote]

Rich isn''t good enough - you need stupidly rich, or rich and stupid.

Question out of interest....I used to use that road all the time. What happens to the houses that are along that road? At points there is no room for dualing unless the road takes a different route no?

-Bigus

[quote user="astrodyne"]More roads = more cars = more pollution. No thanks, I''m quite happy stuck out in our backwater.[/quote]

For political and economic reasons (lack of supply due to Chinas'' demand, US foreign policy towards anyone with oil), we''re reaching the end of oil dependence in europe and the US, for example General Motors are lobbying for grants from the US government to re-tool their factories for greener cars. 

And pray tell, how the energy for this mass re-tooling and greener car production is going to be generated? Thats without the pollution and energy required to dispose of those cars that will become obsolete.

Well gents..Firstly the car industry(GM) dropped the ball when they developed a battery operated vehicle 15 years ago and then killed it when the requirement forced by the state of California was scrapped by incoming republicans....Nissan are carrying the torch and all must now follow...GM at the time also bought battery development companies who had created a 300 mile per charge unit and closed the plant down. They sat in bed with big oil for years...sc--w em.

As for energy if this country votes Barack Obama in then in ten years he is promising ''energy independence'' in the way of natural gas and nuclear power.

-Bigus

Petition signed. This stretch should have been dualled years ago. There have been too many accidents, injuries and deaths on this stretch of road.

[quote]Rather than giving a bump you could actually answer my question.......
[/quote]

Good point !  I''d missed that. my apologies.  The re-tooling would probably be fueled by fossil fuel power stations.  As a one off cost to prevent further pollution in the future, it''s probably a price worth paying, as the future cars will be less polluting.

If you''re really serious about tackling greenhouse gasses though, you want to stop cows farting...

Unfortunately Blah, those points al lead towards an idea of ''sustainable consumption'' - which is ''pie in the sky'' sustainability. The only answer to cure the environemntal issues is for social change, ie - for people to use their cars less - which would then negate the need for more roads. After all, this is not simply a case of road widening is it? It will involve a bypass taking another swage of our beautiful countryside.

A few fewer fields where cows can go, means less greenhouse gasses doesn''t it ? [:)]

We are blessed with a lot of countryside.  It''s about priorities.  If dualling the a11 helps to grow the economy enough to get the money in to protect the coastline, isn''t it worthwhile ?  You''re on the North coast, you''d probably agree with me that it needs protecting ?

Another 2 hours pass, another 100 million gallons of cow methane gets into the atmosphere.  Less Cows More Cars !!! [:)]

Or, in other words - BUMP !