Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Shacks

Judging by Roeder''s programme notes last week, he''s signed him to give him first team squad experience. He said that he''ll be more suited to play at this level next year.

[quote user="Captain Dejan"]Judging by Roeder''s programme notes last week, he''s signed him to give him first team squad experience. He said that he''ll be more suited to play at this level next year.
[/quote]

so why waste a loan and wage money this year????!!!!

jas :)

[quote]Well he''s not here for no reason at all is he Jas, its called cover, which we will need if either Stefanovich or Kennedy get injured/suspeneded.[/quote]

The Doc and (Still here) Shacks....

i repeat another wasted loan....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Captain Dejan"]Judging by Roeder''s programme notes last week, he''s signed him to give him first team squad experience. He said that he''ll be more suited to play at this level next year.[/quote]

so why waste a loan and wage money this year????!!!!

[/quote]I can see your point mate. If he impresses in training and somehow eventually gets in (injury etc.) he could be a brilliant find. If someone else had got him he might''ve wanted to stay there next year and then we could''ve missed out. But yeah, Id''ve rather got an experienced centre back, or at least one thats ready to play and had a little experience. (e.g. Hobbs from Liverpool. Didn''t he go to Leicester?)

[quote user="ellis206"]Bertrand is only till January though looks likely we''ll be able to extend it till end of season as long as Chelsea don''t get any injurys, there just covering there backs, but he''ll be here till the end of the season,
as for Shackell going to Wolves.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
biggest Liability I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in years! can''t header the ball without putting us under more pressure, can''t kick the ball anywhere but out for a throw in, he is just totally useless and we should be laughing our heads of that Wolves are paying that much money for him! Doherty is much much better than Shackell and this feels like Christmas come early!
[/quote]

I think Bertrand is here for the season.Agree about Shackell, hopefully that money will give us that extra to get a decent striker.

[quote user="Freeza"]For a £1 million I''m pretty happy to see him go. Doesn''t have the bottle in my opinion, which is a shame because he has all the physical attributes. Hopefully we can get Kennedy permanently and add a bit of money towards the centre-forward fund. Seems like a deal that makes sense from both parties'' POV.[/quote]

wolves obviously think he''s worth it and if you take a look at the league table last season and this i think you''ll find they''re a better judge of players.

and why do we keep selling players when we time and time again fail to fully reinvest the funds in the playing squad

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[quote user="Freeza"]For a £1 million I''m pretty happy to see him go. Doesn''t have the bottle in my opinion, which is a shame because he has all the physical attributes. Hopefully we can get Kennedy permanently and add a bit of money towards the centre-forward fund. Seems like a deal that makes sense from both parties'' POV.[/quote]

wolves obviously think he''s worth it and if you take a look at the league table last season and this i think you''ll find they''re a better judge of players.

and why do we keep selling players when we time and time again fail to fully reinvest the funds in the playing squad

[/quote]

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]

Think you''ll find the answer by referring to another thread "I know where the money has gone". There simply can be no unbalanced expenditure on players. For every pound spent there must be a balancing pound coming in. The debt must be serviced first at all costs. Wages of Hucks and Dion plus the others who were shown the door have been balanced by the incomers. Any money that was spent on transfers will need to be recouped. My guess is that they knew this move for Shacks was on a long time ago. Doesn''t alter the fact that if they did get £1m for him it was good business although I''m sure Mr Doncaster will patiently explain to anyone who will listen why the club will only receive £10.55 when all the costs are taken out!

I don''t think Mr. Double-Barrelled is a wasted loan. I''m guessing Glenn had every intention of resurrecting the Shacks deal before the window closed, and as he has stated he wants 2 players for every position. I''m sure he''ll play his part at some point. It wouldn''t suprise me to see Lappin and Chadwick follow him out of the door either.

[quote user="JC"]From another thread, this just confirms that you are a total idiot.  Shackell biggest liability in years?  Erm, Andy Hughes?    Docherty better?  I believe you are either on a wind up or just totally stupid.

[quote user="ellis206"]Bertrand is only till January though looks likely we''ll be able to extend it till end of season as long as Chelsea don''t get any injurys, there just covering there backs, but he''ll be here till the end of the season,
as for Shackell going to Wolves.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
biggest Liability I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt in years! can''t header the ball without putting us under more pressure, can''t kick the ball anywhere but out for a throw in, he is just totally useless and we should be laughing our heads of that Wolves are paying that much money for him! Doherty is much much better than Shackell and this feels like Christmas come early!
[/quote][/quote]

Go and check the stats, the Doc is a far better player than Jason "party boy" Shacks, just cos he dont look like a pretty boy footballer people single him out as the weak link when in actual fact he has been our best CB since Malky.

Remind me again when Shacks won player of the season?

[quote user="ellis206"]Yes I would be happy, because I for one rate Doherty far higher than I do Shackell, your argument makes me laugh "Shackell played well in March of 2005 and almost kept us up".... did he balls, Ashton nearly kept us up, we still conceded a huge amount of goals with Shackell in the team but we were just scoring at the other end. And Doherty is hardly a shirt grabber is he, he''s done it a couple of times (most notably Burnley at home) and he''s just had that label ever since, Shackell does it just as often, but "because he showed some talent 3 years ago" thats acceptable. And you put his career going downhill due to bad training? howcome other players we''ve had here have gone on to prosper in the premierleague then? Ashton, Green (who had a lot of training here!) Bellamy etc, why have these players done so well if they recieve bad training here? perhaps because they have talent I''d say. Doherty is much better than Shackell, he was our most consistent performer last season in defence (as Glenn Roeder stated) but obviously Roeder knows nothing, and how many player of the season awards has Shackell won? and how many has Doherty won? And yes I am saying Mick Mcarthy hasn''t got a clue what he''s doing if he''s paying over a million for Shackell! but are you now stating that as Roeder is selling this talented full of potential individual (hahaha) that he doesn''t have a clue? works both ways mate
[/quote]

You make your point forcefully Ellis whilst distorting some of the things I said. Nowhere did I say that GR does''nt know what he''s doing. I am just worried that the sale of Shacks levaes us very exposed at the back in terms of cover. As for your comment (highlighted) I''ll levae others to make their judgement. I''ll be surprised if many support your view!

You didn''t say that in so many words, but if your implying that Mick McCarthy is such a superb manager and he knows a good player when he sees one, and that''s the reason he''s signing Shackell, then you must be implying that Roeder doesn''t know what he''s doing if he''s selling Shackell if he is so good? If Wolves put Shackell into there first team, they will start to concede a lot more goals, so this deal is a win win deal for us. I''m delighted he is going, every time I see his name on the team sheet I know he is going to cost us a goal, last season I think he went on a 5 game streak of stupid mistakes which cost us goals, where as the Doc was solid last season, the Doc has had one bad season but every player had a bad season that year, and to be quite frank I think Doc has done a superb job for us, especially as he has had to play alongside such a liability all this time!