Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Alan Lee

I see from the old EADT that Lee is close to a Palace switch.

£600k plus add ons which could rise to £900k.

I don''t know why people on here got hot under the collar...he was always out of our price range anyway.

[:|]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

I don''t know why people on here got hot under the collar...he was always out of our price range anyway.

[/quote]

£900k! Blimey. That''s a lot of moolah for Lee. But equally shows how inflated the transfer market is at present.

don''t really see how that shows how inflated the transfer market is, Alan Lee is a good old fashioned forward who scores goals every season, i''d say it is decent money,

[quote user="steve o"]don''t really see how that shows how inflated the transfer market is, Alan Lee is a good old fashioned forward who scores goals every season, i''d say it is decent money,[/quote]

I see Alan Lee as exceptionally inconsistent. Yes, he scores goals, but other times he''s not involved in matches. Personally, I wouldn''t pay close to £1mil for him.

[quote user="steve o"]yes we all see the games and players differently,[/quote]

Magilton reckons he''s past his sell by date and he still attracts almost £1m ...come on

The question is no longer ''how good is Alan Lee or whoever. We must ask would they improve our team.

Beggars cannot be choosers and unless we have a realistic chance of signing better than Lee we should have gone in for him. Roeder may be loathe to buy in haste and regret at leisure but the simple fact is that without some big centre forwards this is going to be a VERY long hard season AGAIN.....

NCFC MUST do better- it is getting predictably boring each and every transfer window.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

The question is no longer ''how good is Alan Lee or whoever. We must ask would they improve our team.

Beggars cannot be choosers and unless we have a realistic chance of signing better than Lee we should have gone in for him. Roeder may be loathe to buy in haste and regret at leisure but the simple fact is that without some big centre forwards this is going to be a VERY long hard season AGAIN.....

NCFC MUST do better- it is getting predictably boring each and every transfer window.

[/quote]

Don''t agree.

Lee is better than what we''ve got merely due to the fact we haven''t got any target men.

To pay almost £1m for an ageing striker whose goal record is moderate best would be a move of desparation.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]nearly £1mil....no thanks...seems ipsh*t have done good business there

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

Don''t agree.

Lee is better than what we''ve got merely due to the fact we haven''t got any target men.

To pay almost £1m for an ageing striker whose goal record is moderate best would be a move of desparation.

[/quote]

Totally agree [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]nearly £1mil....no thanks...seems ipsh*t have done good business there[/quote]

Could not agree more - if that is the price for Lee then the figures rumoured for Ameobi are ridiculously cheap.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]nearly £1mil....no thanks...seems ipsh*t have done good business there[/quote]

Could not agree more - if that is the price for Lee then the figures rumoured for Ameobi are ridiculously cheap.

[/quote]

Aren''t you agreeing there PC? Ipswich are doing well getting £1m for Lee and at that he''s overpriced in comparison with Ameobi?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Aren''t you agreeing there PC? Ipswich are doing well getting £1m for Lee and at that he''s overpriced in comparison with Ameobi?

[/quote]

Ah lightbulb.

that''s what you were saying... I''ll go back to sleep[|-)]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

£900k! Blimey. That''s a lot of moolah for Lee. But equally shows how inflated the transfer market is at present.

[/quote]

900k is absolute peanuts for a decent striker, (not that Lee is one). The market is not inflated at all, it''s just the going rate. Once again showing the level of your ambition MM.

I am not saying we SHOULd buy him nor commenting on the price. I am stating that if we have not got anyone else...not going for even these players is suicide. You can love or loathe the price but to just do nothing is dengerous.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

900k is absolute peanuts for a decent striker, (not that Lee is one). The market is not inflated at all, it''s just the going rate. Once again showing the level of your ambition MM.

[/quote]

You seem to miss my meaning, BarclayBoy.

£900k is absolute peanuts for a decent striker. Again, as you say, Lee is not in that class - which is why I expressed surprise that Lee was being sold for that amount and shows that the market is inflated if poor players like Lee are fetching that price.

I don''t see how I am expressing any opinion on any level of ambition.

Yes the market is generally overpriced, but the other point is availability of players and therefore it''s the demand/supply issue.  Lee and Magilton don''t get on (then again most players don''t appear to get on with him!), so it''s time one of them went.  Palarse need a target man, theres not too many about = good price (esp considering he cost £100k).  However it''s only a good bit of business if you have someone else lined up to fill the gap, and I think the problem here is that there isn''t anyone lined up this transfer window, so is the fee good or not, given that the sale leaves a hole in the squad?

Given that you need a target man and there aren''t too many knocking around, then £600k++  would probably be a good deal for you.  I''d be quite happy to see him stay but given the relationship it''s unlikely to happen. As I said above, it''s all about the need within a squad dictating the price - especially as the end of the window is getting close, which forces hands.

As always you can look at these things several ways....

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is the point BB, 900k is a good price for a decent striker, but Lee isnt one!  The market is inflated, just look at the quoted price for Brown from Hartlepool, 3mil!!!!