Sign in to follow this  
BH0201

Bored of negativity and backbiting......

An open letter.

I am bored by the consistant backbiting and negativity among many regarding anything done by the club that you do not agree with. It is not helpful to anyone or anything.

It is very easy to criticise from the outside. You do not have the pressures of the situation nor the limitations placed upon you by real world constraints. You do not have to live in the reality. You do not have to consider the implications of your decisions.

A financial example. The board say nothing on the position of the loan players. This is neither positive nor negative. It is a decision to conduct business quietly and professionally without starting bidding wars and building up false hopes. But in the eyes of many, this is negative.

A playing example. You disagree with a tactical decision by NW. You wish for "Worthy Out". If you were that good a tactician, you would be in his shoes, not sat in the stand. Under Nigel''s stewardship, the team has moved forward and is in a position to move forward again.

This side is in a good position in the league, has a solid financial base and an opportunity to move forward. But don''t confuse reality with a lack of ambition or a lack of knowledge. Support the club, support the team.

Craig

And, Adolf Hitler was allowed to get away with setting up concentration camps, and committing genocidal, ethinic cleansing, because the people said nothing.
Maybe an extreme anaology, but, how will the Board be able to make informed decisions if we just submit to whatever they choose to do?
They are the custodians of OUR club. If we do not pass through the turnstiles because of our dissatisfaction at their actions, or lack of them, what chance will they have to continue to play their cards close to their collective chests when administrators will be overseeing their every move?
And, in this day and age, what club (with the possible exception of Man Utd) is clear of all debt, and operating at a profit?

Well Done Craig

I have been thinking of posting the same sort of message myself - and I fully support everything you say.

If anyone associated with the club had bothered to read some of the posts of late I am sure that they would have wondered if it was worth all the hassle in continuing.

Norwich are a super club and have moved forward so much in the last three years - the board, manager and players deserve much credit for all that has been achieved and I am sure they will continue to do all that is withing their power to keep things moving in the right direction.

Not saying I oppose criticism. In fact, criticism is warranted on a number of things at the club. But criticism requires an argument to go with it. Something to do differently. A reasoned way forward that differs from the status quo. Not simply carping.

An example of this is the present ticketing policy which in my opinion is biased in favour of fans who live away from Norfolk. Getting 10 away stubs is easier if you live in London or in the North. What to replace it? A reduction in the number of away stubs required making it more reasonable for local fans who have to travel long distances to get them.

A statement of something at the club I disagree with and an alternative with a reason for it.

Or a tactical issue. Nigel starting Easton against Watford. I''m not qualified to comment on whether this was the right thing to do. A football coach (or player) I''m not. So I won''t comment. It''s not for me to say "Worthy Out". I know about as much on the fine points of tactics of football as I do about the intricacies of the internal combustion engine. I can appreciate the effects of one running well but don''t ask me how to fix one. Same with the football. I suspect this is how many people here are. They can see that there is a problem but would have little idea how to fix it.

Craig

Well said Craig. I agree with all your points bar one. The club have a very weak financial base. Even a small investment without success on the field and the non sale of the real estate means that our borrowing requirements would dangerously outstrip our potential to keep afloat financially. Especially now that the interest rates during the next 12 months are likely to increase repayments of the loan by another 1%. This would be a real crippler!! Best wishes to the board and Worthy I am confident you are trying your hardest!!++

My financial comment was actually meant to be taken relatively. We are better off than almost all clubs in the Football League who do not have that one big backer is a more correct version of what I say.

Great to see a reasoned argument!

Craig

You''re talking complete sense Craig, however the posting directly below yours should let you know what you''re up against. The Nazi''s of Norwich City, ruining "OUR" club behind our backs! Not.

The fact is if a tree falls and no-one''s there to hear it, does it make a sound? ie If we''re desperately trying to sign Hucks, Crouch and Harper and the club don''t announce it then, according to most on this board, the club aren''t doing anything at all. The sensible ones know different, but are regarded as passionless fans with "no ambition".

As far as I can see the directors, players and manager don''t listen to a word that is shouted at them by all these armchair fans, and have done a very good job in doing so. And it means that although the screaming masses may vent their hysteria attacks on this message board, the club will continue to go about it''s business silently and with dignity, and continue to make the right decisions. And I fully support them.

I agree with the initial post, the trouble is if the board don''t let Worthy sign quality players on a full time basis rather than loans then he and the better players i.e. Drury, Green etc will get fed up and leave. Worthington is a good young manager and we need to keep hold of him otherwise he will go the same way as David Moyes.

One final thing to consider is the fact that loan players tend to play better when they are exactly that - loans. Because they are either trying to impress the club they have been loaned to, the club they have come from or are trying to put themsleves in the shop window. Just look at David Neilsen his best spell for the club was when he was on loan. May be a bit harsh to suggest - but playing for a contract?

" And, Adolf Hitler was allowed to get away with setting up concentration camps, and committing genocidal, ethinic cleansing, because the people said nothing. "

No, he ''got away with it'' because there were enough people to carry out his ideas.Enough people who couldn''t or wouldn''t see the consequence of their actions.

Likewise there seems to be a small recaltrant minority who are just as blind and believe that the club has a divine right to be in the top flight but are only held back by the wickedness of the board.

Save this pantomime stuff for the Theatre Royal.

This is Carrow Rd not some fairy tale world of Arabia. There ain''t no magic lamp, no genie is gonna appear and we ain''t gonna get three wishes (if we did then the three loanees would be here to stay).

Lets actually show the board and the rest of football that we are worthy of their efforts. Not an embarrassing collection of rural malcontents who seem only to be happy when we have something to moan at.