England v Slovenia
International Under-21 Friendly
7.45pm, Tuesday 19 August 2008
KC Stadium, Hull City FC
Ticket Hotline - 0870 837 0004
Group Booking form - click here

Charter Standard Club form - click here

At the end of last season, Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis was preparing for a well-earned break in Mexico when he received a call to join up with the England Senior squad; plans for that trip to Mexico were quickly shelved for the chance of a lifetime.

"I got the call on a Friday night and two hours later I was in a car going to the team hotel, so I didn’t have much time to think about it or get nervous," Lewis revealed.

"Once I was there it started to sink in and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"There were six or seven players from the Under-21s in the squad which helped me settle in, and also Dean Ashton, David Bentley and Peter Crouch, who I knew from my days at Norwich City. There were a few familiar faces at least."

But what of his holiday that was trimmed so he could travel to Trinidad and Tobago with England?

"I had a great time eventually, but I certainly didn’t mind it being cut short to be with England. I would trade any holiday for the experience of being involved with England, it’s a very small price to pay.

"I was probably in the right place at the right time, but it still happened and it just goes to show to all young players that if you work hard then you will get the recognition."

Lewis is currently preparing to face Slovenia for England''s Under-21s at the KC Stadium, and he will use his experience with the Senior set-up as his main motivation to impress both Stuart Pearce and Fabio Capello.

A ''keeper with a growing reputation, Lewis cites
two moments in the Spring as the greatest moments of his career so far. Achieving promotion with Peterborough last season is up there for Lewis alongside making his Under-21 debut against Poland.

"Making my England Under-21 debut was incredible," Lewis says. "It’s the biggest achievement probably in my career, along with promotion with Peterborough last year. I have played abroad with different England youth teams which is amazing, but my debut for the Under-21s is the most special for me."

Tickets are on sale now priced £10 adults and £5 for U16s and OAPs from the KC Stadium ticket office either in person or by phone on 0870 8370004. For Group Bookings - click here or Charter Standard Club form - click here

Tickets are also on sale now for the match against Portugal at Wembley Stadium on Friday 5 September with most seats costing just £10 for adults and £5 for children from the Hotline 0844 826 2010 or via
www.thefa.com/Tickets where further information can be found including details of group booking discounts.