Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Green and Yellow

Re: Doomcaster?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Read the above (again.....) nutty, i`m not saying the figures prove anything, just as you pointing out a couple of clubs in our league having higher staffing levels proves nothing.  Look at the figures for all comparable plc`s and then answer me honestly whether we are in the top 10% in terms of staffing levels.

[/quote]

Yes Mr Carrow, that''s my whole point and has been all the way along. These figures are meaningless and prove nothing but it wasn''t me using them to try to prove things was it?

Answer the Man. C. and Coventry C. question. It''s not possible is it? Not believable is it? I reckon you have been to both places as I have and it defies all common sense.

Can we now agree that these stats and the conclusions drawn from them are meaningless?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Read the above (again.....) nutty, i`m not saying the figures prove anything, just as you pointing out a couple of clubs in our league having higher staffing levels proves nothing.  Look at the figures for all comparable plc`s and then answer me honestly whether we are in the top 10% in terms of staffing levels.

[/quote]

Yes Mr Carrow, that''s my whole point and has been all the way along. These figures are meaningless and prove nothing but it wasn''t me using them to try to prove things was it?

Answer the Man. C. and Coventry C. question. It''s not possible is it? Not believable is it? I reckon you have been to both places as I have and it defies all common sense.

Can we now agree that these stats and the conclusions drawn from them are meaningless?

The figures are entirely possible if Coventry have most of their staff under contract to the club, whilst Man.City contract most of theirs out.  To me the figures are inconclusive and puzzling but they are not meaningless.  We have more staff than most other similar clubs, but without an in-depth comparison we can`t definitively say why.  You will probably say "most other clubs contract more things out than us", i will disagree, but neither can prove their argument so i agree that we can`t draw any conclusions.

[/quote]

I know I am joining this argument late, but I thought I would just add something about contracting out.

I work for Leicester City while I am at Uni, and all their catering/bar and so on and so forth are contracted out to either temps, or as in my case the firm that actually runs their corporate side, FMc. Therefore would I appear as a staff member of LCFC, I guess not. I am pretty sure it is the same at Derby, and I think Ipswich (although I am not 100% sure on that). I know for a fact that LCFC don''t want it to be this way, and would rather have their own staff, so perhaps NCFC being in a position where they hire their own staff means that they are in a better position.

Like I said, I have joined this argument late, and not sure if I have added anything to it, but I thought I would let you know.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The figures are entirely possible if Coventry have most of their staff under contract to the club, whilst Man.City contract most of theirs out.  To me the figures are inconclusive and puzzling but they are not meaningless.  We have more staff than most other similar clubs, but without an in-depth comparison we can`t definitively say why.  You will probably say "most other clubs contract more things out than us", i will disagree, but neither can prove their argument so i agree that we can`t draw any conclusions.[/quote]

I will say what I said when I first entered this thread. Its impossible to draw conclusions from these figures because we are not comparing like for like. Finally you agree with me. And without either of us having too many Tuesday night Sherbets [:O][C][Y]

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Just you relax, I know what''s best for you!

[/quote]

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! GET AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]*hums imperial march*

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The figures are entirely possible if Coventry have most of their staff under contract to the club, whilst Man.City contract most of theirs out.  To me the figures are inconclusive and puzzling but they are not meaningless.  We have more staff than most other similar clubs, but without an in-depth comparison we can`t definitively say why.  You will probably say "most other clubs contract more things out than us", i will disagree, but neither can prove their argument so i agree that we can`t draw any conclusions.[/quote]

I will say what I said when I first entered this thread. Its impossible to draw conclusions from these figures because we are not comparing like for like. Finally you agree with me. And without either of us having too many Tuesday night Sherbets [:O][C][Y]

[/quote]

So you basically want to choose which figures are relevant and which are not?  The three clubs pointed out which don`t cover the entire plc, fair enough, the others are directly comparable.  And where did i say i`d drawn any solid conclusions from them?

All this was kicked off by the Majedski article which board supporters decided was evidence to support their case.  If i was to follow your lead i would just argue that it`s all a load of hot air, it`s not comparing like with like etc. when it, like the figures posted above, does actually have some relevance to our club.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I know I am joining this argument late, but I thought I would just add something about contracting out. I work for Leicester City while I am at Uni, and all their catering/bar and so on and so forth are contracted out to either temps, or as in my case the firm that actually runs their corporate side, FMc. Therefore would I appear as a staff member of LCFC, I guess not. I am pretty sure it is the same at Derby, and I think Ipswich (although I am not 100% sure on that). I know for a fact that LCFC don''t want it to be this way, and would rather have their own staff, so perhaps NCFC being in a position where they hire their own staff means that they are in a better position. Like I said, I have joined this argument late, and not sure if I have added anything to it, but I thought I would let you know.[/quote]

I think this is a good point. Lots of businesses contract out some of their activities for a variety of reasons. Other similar businesses decide to employ their staff for other business related reasons, so comparison is difficult.

For example, given DS''s catering interest and "Delia''s," I would have thought it unlikely that these staff are "contractees."

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

So you basically want to choose which figures are relevant and which are not?  The three clubs pointed out which don`t cover the entire plc, fair enough, the others are directly comparable.  And where did i say i`d drawn any solid conclusions from them?

All this was kicked off by the Majedski article which board supporters decided was evidence to support their case.  If i was to follow your lead i would just argue that it`s all a load of hot air, it`s not comparing like with like etc. when it, like the figures posted above, does actually have some relevance to our club.

[/quote]

No.. I don''t want to choose which figures are relevant and which are not. None of them are relevant. That''s my whole point. Wherever you look there are anomolies.

Stand back a bit Mr Carrow. I have never used any of this in support of the board. I use facts when I support the board and facts when I critcise them. It''s you that likes to bracket people into imaginary gangs. I was never Worthy Out or KTF. I am not a board supporter or a board critic. I just see things differently to you and where as I often respect your opinion as a poster who doesn''t make up stuff to prove a point just lately you have fallen into those habits.

These figures of employees are clearly meaningless. Forget Norwich and try comparing other clubs. Common sense will tell you that these figures are not like for like.You would be much better comparing our accounts with those of other clubs. The audited accounts will be published soon and you will have something of substance to get your teeth into.