Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

Spelling and Grammar

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Nope, just know you''re American and thus know all about appealing to the lowest common denominator... Vile Donkey

Where do you live, Donkey?  Oh that''s right, in the heart of the lowest common denominator of England.  You fit in well.

[/quote]Nice comeback, did you stay up all night thinking of that one?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Oh, you slay me with your incredible wit. [/quote]

And such personal, petty digs are beneath you aren''t they?[quote user="Houston Canary"]Camultoe-dium [/quote]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]FasH, you are dumb as sh*t[/quote]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]If you represent British intelligence,

then your country has fallen way futher than I had ever imagined.

[/quote]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]If I am unlucky, I will turn into a humorless drip like you are. [/quote]Ah wait....To be honest I thought Vile Donkey''s quip was pretty appropriate and at least had a modicum of humour about it...unlike your efforts above.

[quote user="Herb"]To be honest I thought Vile Donkey''s quip was pretty appropriate[/quote]Oi Herb, don''t you bloody start... [:P] I do enjoy Houston''s little nick-names he gives to people though, I did try changing his earlier to something equally witty but have since realised that the name Houston Canary has itself become synonymous with rabid, pig-ignorant and stultifyingly ill-informed* so figured its best left as it is... [:D]*with apologies to Brass Eye

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Herb"]To be honest I thought Vile Donkey''s quip was pretty appropriate[/quote]Oi Herb, don''t you bloody start... [:P] [/quote]See, thats the thing, I didn''t bother to check because it seemed like a perfectly reasonable user name to me. Not one I''d choose myself, but hey...people are called stranger things on here.It turns out it''s actually HC''s attempt at "humor" (there''s a reason the septics spell it differently it seems...)Bloody hell he''s amusing isn''t he? Would anyone perchance have a needle and thread handy, I do believe my sides are splitting.Actually he is amusing, but not when he''s trying to be. There''s few things in life as funny as an indignant septic who''s had his chain yanked and lashes out in some misguided nationalistic manner. Bless. [:)]

Did I say personal attacks were beneath me?  No, Herb.  I said I respond IN KIND, which means.........what?   You''re super bright, so I''ll let you figure it out.  Then you can go admonish those who got me to hurl insults.

As for Vile Monkey, the reason you didn''t come up with a clever take on my user name is because of the word "clever" and it being up to you to do it.  Rover''s Return beckons.

Houston, I think you''re coming down with a touch of what Blahblahblah might call "Cluck-itis"... your last few insults have been rubbish...

And this thread started so interestingly, too. However much of your respective lives have you wasted on the undiluted garbage that''s filled the past eight pages? Let''s face it, it''s a Pyrrhic victory for anyone who gets any kind of result from hereon in. Hilarious.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Houston, I think you''re coming down with a touch of what Blahblahblah might call "Cluck-itis"... your last few insults have been rubbish...[/quote]With Houston it appears to be a classic case of over-exposure.  He has been exposing himself far too much on here, and is starting to spread his "wit" a little too thinly.  But being american, he probably thinks that the idea is to fill as many of the pages with himself as possible in order to win..

Herb got a laugh.  I have not seen one verbal assualt by you on me aswered with a chuckle, Donkey.  Maybe some rah rah cheerleading but no laughs.  HC 1-0 VD.  Don''t obsess with me.  You can''t win. Just roll with it.

[quote user="Coelho"]And this thread started so interestingly, too. However much of your respective lives have you wasted on the undiluted garbage that''s filled the past eight pages? Let''s face it, it''s a Pyrrhic victory for anyone who gets any kind of result from hereon in. Hilarious.[/quote]But an idiotic Yank is always fun to play with, you know its true... "She sure is purrdy..." [:)]As for the new scoring system HC has just introduced... best bit of comedy on these boards in a long while... keep it up, Scamp...

As for the new scoring system HC has just introduced... best bit of comedy on these boards in a long while - Vile Donkey

I guess that makes it 2-0 for me then, although I really don''t take any pride in the second goal.  In fact, I won''t count it since VD is the only one to find it amusing.  Even I didn''t think it was.

Michael Fred Phelps (born June 30, 1985) is an American swimmer who holds world records in several events. Phelps has won thirteen Olympic medals overall (eleven gold, two bronze), eight at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens (six gold, two bronze) and five at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (all gold),[2], which gave him the most gold medals of any Olympic athlete at 11.[3]

Phelps''s eight medals in the Athens Olympics tied him with Soviet gymnast Alexander Dityatin for the most medals of any type in any one Olympics. [4]

Phelps'' international titles, along with his various world records, have resulted in him being awarded the World Swimmer of the Year Award in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 and American Swimmer of the Year Award in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007.

Phelps has qualified to compete in eight swimming events at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, and is attempting to beat Mark Spitz''s record of seven gold medals at one Olympics.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]But don''t GO DOWN on people with VD either. [/quote]And no matter what your nationality or your IQ, this is always sound advice, kids!I can see why you''re a teacher...... [;)]

I don''t really get much chance to stress that teaching World History, and if I referred to "going down" on someone, I''d hear from the principal about that, no doubt.  I have to use the wink and a nod method quite often, and then announce that I don''t want anyone going home to wet their pants while crying to mommy because Mr. G said something I didn''t actually say.  The students seems to rally around this and enjoy the laughs re: VD and me making pre-emptive fun of whiners.   No complaints so far.