Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Mark Fotheringham

[quote user="Barclaybaby artist formerly known as Barclayman"][quote user="jim blair"]Lets face some facts here, no matter what strikers we sign, any team with the most overated player in the clubs history in the middle of the park will not finish top 6. cant pass, cant shoot, cant tackle.Big fan of Roeders but he has this one completely wrong!! can anybody tell me what i am missing?[/quote]

YOU UTTER MORONS

THE FACTS DONT LIE

WITHOUT FOZZY, CITY BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE

WITH FOZZY, TOUCHING DISTANCE OF PLAYOFFS

NO COINCIDENCE

FOZZY MAKES US TICK LIKE SAFRI USED TO

MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN CLUBS HISTORY? YOUR BLIND...
[/quote]

You''re gramatically incorrect.

I''m confused.  For much of last season there were complaints that

our midfield wasn''t competitive enough and needed overhauling, yet now

we''ve got new bodies in people are saying that we should keep it as it

was [:S]

Agree that Fozzy is a good player though, would like to see Clingan

holding and Fozzy going forward this year, his movement and eye for a

pass seem to have a bit more quality about them than the all-action

bluster of Rusty...

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]
THE FACTS DONT LIE

WITHOUT FOZZY, CITY BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE

WITH FOZZY, TOUCHING DISTANCE OF PLAYOFFS
[/quote]

Facts? The first bit, yes, the second bit - er, no. We only finished three points off relegation, y''know?

He''s alright, not a very good captain though, and can pass the ball but usually only sideways or backwards. Not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Oh, and remember to turn Caps Lock off. Cheers.

Fotheringham is like so many of the players we have. Or had last season. (Can''t tag the new boys we haven''t seen them yet) He, like so many lack consistency. I''ve said this so many time I feel like a stuck record, too many fans praise the players for everything without question "but if everybody was so good why were we so bad". It consistency that we lack. We don''t see our players string a run of good performances together often enough.To say Fortheringham is crap full stop is not going to appeal to many fans. And I would say that is harsh. But there are games when he can''t pass for toffees. There are games when he is anonymous. But that''s not just him. So many are the same. Hopefully competition will help this. He''s an ok player on his day very good on another very bad. What we want is a good player all the time. He needs to work hard to attain that level.

Ipswich away was a good example of how much we missed him when he wasn''t there last season, Huckerby was starved of the ball there was no penatration from our midfield and the whole squad didn''t function. What about when he came on againstSouthhampton I think at the start of last season he changed the game completely but then did his ankle in so i think alot of people are being harsh on him.

He can pass, he can shoot, he can tackle, and he puts in as much effort as all the others if not more, i really do not get why people think he is so bad, and if Clingan is so good why has he been in league 1 so long, and Russell doesn''t score does he (that sort of says it is tactical, because he scored quite a few at stoke), so why does every think Fozzy is so bad?