Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Twin

Svensson

Just read about Svensson and got all nostalgic!

“I had probably the best time of my career when I was at Norwich, the last two years when I was in England and I think maybe I went home a bit too early, but that''s how football is. Sometimes you stay a bit longer and sometimes you tend to move on. When we got promoted and we were celebrating at the City Hall it was one of the biggest moments in my career. There are a lot of memories.”

I still miss Svensson! His goal against Charlton towards the end of our Prem season was fantastic!

Hope he has a successful management career, maybe he''ll be back one day . . .

Loved his goal against Wigan, but that Charlton one, whilst not

technically as good, was as important a goal as Mulryne''s against

Reading in our promotion season.  Well, it would have been had we

eventually stayed up... that game was petering out into a nothing until

Matty came on and showed everyone how good things could be if they

actually gave a sh*t... his celebrations always said more about his

character than words ever could:

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/vytik6.jpg[/IMG]

Great to see he still has great love for this club, wishing him all the best in assistant management :)

I wonder which young players he is looking to steal from us then ^_^ after he mentioned there was one or two he would like to try and bring over to Sweden :)

agree with Chris...

Svenners was never the best player for us... he was frustrating actually as 1 week he was Ronaldo the next week he was Ronald Mcdonald... but he used to go ballistic when he scored! none more so than against Charlton who i dont think had treated him that well...

however, there have been times over the past 3 years that have been crying out for him.. you get a game every so often that you know a certain player could change... we have had plenty of "matt svensson matches" since then...  games he would of come on and scored etc... (remember Forest at home in the Promotion season?)

jas :)

Although when he left he went on a verbal tirade against the standard of English managers, saying that they were all rubbish, that wasnt really too respectful to the several managers he had in England, including Nigel Worthington who won him his only ever winners medal...... so swings and roundabouts, he has the same streak as every other player.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]Although when he left he went on a verbal tirade against the standard of English managers, saying that they were all rubbish, that wasnt really too respectful to the several managers he had in England, including Nigel Worthington who won him his only ever winners medal...... so swings and roundabouts, he has the same streak as every other player.[/quote]

I suggest you read that article again... his Triade was against El Tel and Curbishley when he was at palace and charlton... he never once mentioned Norwich City or Worthless in the interview

jas :)

Someone that knows if there are some videos when Svensson scores for us on the internet? I have search on youtube, but I can´t find any...

top comments from svenny - shame he didn''t figure in worthy''s plans as much as he should of.  got some important goals to get us up, and his goals from the subs bench in the last few matches nearly kept us up.  typical then, that worthy didn''t play svenny from the start against fulham on the final day - his contributions in previous matches surely deserved that, he was a man in form, make no mistake...what made me laugh (not) was when worthy dropped him after 2 matches, preferring the doc up front, who was given an extended run out in the team - scoring how many???poor ole svenny - had an eye for goal, but not the work-rate to satisfy our manager, then was dumped for the next season...its naff decisions like that that shafted worthy in the end, becuase the fans saw through him in the end<?>

[quote user="LarsAxelsson"]Look at this. Goal number two in this film. From 2007. Matty!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSSDSEmyOc[/quote]And goal number three and four too;)