Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

Friendlies - What`s the point??

Reading a few posts  I get the impression that one or two of you have decided that the season is over based on a friendly.

THESE GAMES MEAN NOTHING IN TERMS OF RESULTS

Would you rather we played Gorleston every week or put ourselves up against the best there is out there.

Make no mistake, that was a very good side we played tonight . The result is immaterial. There is no Championship side anywhere near the quality on show tonight from Spurs.

Fitness and time playing together is what`s important.

Also , as a non competitive game, I think you`ll find that tackles were not made that will be in games in the league. If we played Spurs in a cup game later in the season, I would expect a much more up tempo display.

The result tonight proves or disproves nothing.

Roll on Coventry.

The Colchester game , again, has little significance. ( sorry Cam!!)

Hooray - someone talking some sense. Well said mate, couldn''t have put it better myself.

Fitness is all that matters at this time of the season and getting to know your team mates names when you have eight new signings!!

[quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

Hooray - someone talking some sense. Well said mate, couldn''t have put it better myself.

Fitness is all that matters at this time of the season and getting to know your team mates names when you have eight new signings!!

[/quote]

Well they should all be miles fitter, given the amount of running after the ball they did. 

[quote user="Dean Coney s Arse"][quote user="Iwan Roberts"]

[/quote]

Well they should all be miles fitter, given the amount of running after the ball they did. 

[/quote]

Which is precisely why this type of game is arranged......that and a few hundred thousand in the bank!

[quote user="McCanary"]

So....having slept on it, what`s the general consensus this morning.

[/quote]No body is worried, except Wiz who thinks we''re gonna get relegated....No change there then!

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

No body is worried, except Wiz who thinks we''re gonna get relegated....

No change there then!
[/quote]

Says he went to the match and thats what worries him but as he can`t see further than the end of his nose I think he`s making it all up as usual[:D]

The usual suspects are now declaring a relegation battle is on the

cards.  These people call themselves the "realists" amongst

Norwich fans.  I think this confirms that they are not.

Spuds were very good last night, we were totally outplayed second half,

but then many other Championship teams with a makeshift left back would

have experienced the same thing.  Regardless of how they played

last night, Spurs have made some good signings, like Modric* and Dos

Santos and if they keep hold of Berbatov they''ll be a force this season

under Ramos, I suspect.

* How much fun was the only proper tackle of the night - Fozzy on

Modric first half? "Welcome to Britain, sonny jim" WHACK! I do enjoy

seeing overseas talent getting a proper Scottish welcome to the

country.... [:)]

[quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Was a bit concerned when I got home last night but I am back to rational thinking this morning. We were missing alot of what I feel will be our final squad so you can''t really use last night as a true evaluation of the season ahead.  As others have said Pattison looked way out of his depth at left back and not any better at trying to get forward. It''s obvious despite his goal that Cureton is not the answer to our lack of goals. I''m gona pass last night off as a non event.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]The usual suspects are now declaring a relegation battle is on the cards.  These people call themselves the "realists" amongst Norwich fans.  I think this confirms that they are not.

Spuds were very good last night, we were totally outplayed second half, but then many other Championship teams with a makeshift left back would have experienced the same thing.  Regardless of how they played last night, Spurs have made some good signings, like Modric* and Dos Santos and if they keep hold of Berbatov they''ll be a force this season under Ramos, I suspect.

* How much fun was the only proper tackle of the night - Fozzy on Modric first half? "Welcome to Britain, sonny jim" WHACK! I do enjoy seeing overseas talent getting a proper Scottish welcome to the country.... [:)]

[/quote]

I think what you say hits lots of nails on the head.

The ref didn`t know what to do when someone DARED to commit a foul in a pre season game!! ....and there is the point that a lot of posters are missing. This was not a full on competitive game.

I would hope that no team will be given as much room or time to play in a competitive game.

Roll on Coventry. I`m fed up of the close season now.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Was a bit concerned when I got home last night but I am back to rational thinking this morning. We were missing alot of what I feel will be our final squad so you can''t really use last night as a true evaluation of the season ahead.  As others have said Pattison looked way out of his depth at left back and not any better at trying to get forward. It''s obvious despite his goal that Cureton is not the answer to our lack of goals. I''m gona pass last night off as a non event.

[/quote]

Welcome back Inch[:D]