Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Chris Martin

tonight i had the pleasure of sitting directly behind the dugout for the first, and probably last time.

i must say that the treatment Martin got when he came on for Cureton was astonishing from the coaching staff. all Roeder did was eff and blind at him even though he was playing up front on his own. he couldnt do a thing right, but he wasnt the only one yet they got no stick whatsoever from the bench.

it is no wonder he has gone off the rails if hes treated like that, and i aint no big fan of his but that treatment really surprised me.

i also got to see how poor roeders decision making appeared to be as he seemed clueless at times, and not one word of encouragement came from his lips for the whole time he was on the touchline.

Why do you think that was?

He''s a lazy c**t!

He came on with 20 min to go!

If that was me and i had something to prove i would run my ass off, not trott around like i couldn''t give a rats pi$$!

Sod him, Get rid of Glenn, send him to play non-league cos thats his level!

The answer is in Roeder''s comments after the game.  He wants to bring in another two strikers to take the first team squad up to four.

So, there are two here at the moment.  Lupoli and Cureton.  Therefore, Glenn does not consider Martin a first team squad striker!!

''Tunnel vision'' from GR I''m afraid.

We all know Chris Martin went off the rails badly last season but assuming he is now committed to making up for that wasted year, GR should be encouraging, cajoling, doing whatever is necessary to get the best out of him. Unfortunately though I suspect he has fallen so far out of favour that no amount of effort will get him back in GR''s good books.

Contrast that with the appalling favouritism shown throughout the 90 minutes to GR''s ex Newcastle mate waddlling around on the pitch and you can see where I''m coming from!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

We all know Chris Martin went off the rails badly last season but assuming he is now committed to making up for that wasted year, GR should be encouraging, cajoling, doing whatever is necessary to get the best out of him. Unfortunately though I suspect he has fallen so far out of favour that no amount of effort will get him back in GR''s good books.

Contrast that with the appalling favouritism shown throughout the 90 minutes to GR''s ex Newcastle mate waddlling around on the pitch and you can see where I''m coming from!

[/quote]

We need to have a LB... if we took him off, then who would have played LB. He had no choice but to leave him on.

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

We need to have a LB... if we took him off, then who would have played LB. He had no choice but to leave him on.

[/quote]You''re right - that can be the only reason Pattison stayed on the field, though we''d have been as good with ten men. Chris Martin - well.... he bottled the two opportunities he had to do something, maybe just win a corner or have a speculative shot. To be fair, the midfield were so knackered by the time he came on, they gave him no support. But he should have just got on with it, not try to hold the ball up and wait for them to arrive. In any case I think he''s used up all his credit with GR, so he deserves all the flak he gets. He should move on, for everyone''s benefit.

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a friendly so in reality we could have played anyone there. If a player is having a ''mare'' you take him off and work round the problem. In any event Eagle or certainly Shacks could have played left back.  

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Stevee Wonder"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You''re right - that can be the only reason Pattison stayed on the field, though we''d have been as good with ten men. Chris Martin - well.... he bottled the two opportunities he had to do something, maybe just win a corner or have a speculative shot. To be fair, the midfield were so knackered by the time he came on, they gave him no support. But he should have just got on with it, not try to hold the ball up and wait for them to arrive. In any case I think he''s used up all his credit with GR, so he deserves all the flak he gets. He should move on, for everyone''s benefit.
[/quote]

You may be right so why has GR and the club not paid up his contract and got rid of him then? It''s been done in the past when the club have seen no option but to sever ties.

He''s certainly in the last chance saloon now. He''ll no doubt be shipped out on loan when we get the two new strikers in. I gather his contracts ends after this season so perhaps we''ll try and flog him to the inevitable Leyton Orient style team who''ll take him on loan.