Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Lupoli signs

Maybe I have missed something but Lupoli scored 7 goals in 34 appearances for Derby. Why is that exciting ?

Good signing but the guy is only 5'' 8". I hope there a big man coming as well. Lupoli and Curo upfront isn''t going to strike fear into many Championship sides. Throughout his career Curo has got his goals playing alongside the likes of Jason Roberts and Chris Iwelumo, strong, quick, athletic strikers. Ameobi aside (will sound great in a norfolk accent) I would love to see someone in the same mould as Helguson or Lita come to the club, then I''d start getting excited.

[quote user="The Goddess Delia "]

Maybe I have missed something but Lupoli scored 7 goals in 34 appearances for Derby. Why is that exciting ?

[/quote]

I think I''m right in saying that he spent most of his time at Derby as a left winger and that only about half of those 34 appearances were starts. I''m cautiously optimistic about this one, it seems that he lost his way a little whilst in Italy but he clearly has the potential to be a very good player judging from what I''ve heard from both Derby and Arsenal fans.

Well done Glenn [Y]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="The Goddess Delia "]

[/quote]

I think I''m right in saying that he spent most of his time at Derby as a left winger and that only about half of those 34 appearances were starts. I''m cautiously optimistic about this one, it seems that he lost his way a little whilst in Italy but he clearly has the potential to be a very good player judging from what I''ve heard from both Derby and Arsenal fans.

Well done Glenn [Y]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, which is why I said what I did "Goddess Delia".

[quote user="The Goddess Delia "]Maybe I have missed something but Lupoli scored 7 goals in 34 appearances for Derby. Why is that exciting ?[/quote]Having seen the Norwich / derby match the season he was there I am not suprised that he only scored 7 goals.  Derby were absolutely awful that season I (and a lot of the derby fans I know) are still amazed that they got into the play-offs at all let alone win them and go up.  Derby were no better than we were at the time (just over a month before the 4-1 defeat at home to burnley that cost worthy his job)oh and BTW...WE GOT A STRIKER!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!sorry normal service will be resumed now...

[quote user="The Goddess Delia "]

[/quote]

don''t know where you got those stats from but on the official site says he got 11 goals in 20 starts and 18 sub appearances i say that''s good going for a young''un. i don''t understand how people can see this loan as a negative he was brought up at at arsenal, signed for a top serie a team and played at every level for Italy.

[quote user="C.T wizard"][quote user="C.T wizard"]New back up keeper, new central defender (poss J.T[:D]?), Bell- end of saga and a big striker
[/quote]
Is no-one going to say well done[:''(]
[/quote]

Would have done had you of said "and a big storker" instead. [;)]