Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Lisbie: Forgive me

17 goals in 155 for Charlton. A sign of a great player. One season wonder, all most certain.

I seem to remember one of his games on loan for us was a 1-0 win at Portman Rd where he blatantly dived to get Sito sent off when score was 0-0 - a red card that was later rescinded if I remember correctly. I wonder if they have forgiven him for that?

[quote user="Fellas"]17 goals in 155 for Charlton. A sign of a great player. One season wonder, all most certain.
[/quote]

Mostly on the bench of course.  You may well be right - a one season wonder.

Who knows?  But most of our lot are grateful to him and wish him well.  Exited with grace and with thanks to the U''s fans.  That will do for us.

Top bloke for us.  Sorry, everyone.

Its not so much his ability for me its just why does it matter? David Wright signed for scum no problems there, just seems its Lisbie stoking his own ego.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Fellas"]17 goals in 155 for Charlton. A sign of a great player. One season wonder, all most certain.[/quote]

Who knows?  But most of our lot are grateful to him and wish him well.  Exited with grace and with thanks to the U''s fans.  That will do for us.

[/quote]I''m not gonna disagree with you Camul. I''m glad he had a good season with you just like with Jamie. However he has done nothing else in his career to suggest he can score goals at this level and I would not be at all surprised if he fails to produce anything like the tally he did last season.

Problem with Lisbie is that he has shown he can play and score some goals in a poor/long-ball side, but aren''t the binners expectations somewhat higher/better than that?  Certainly, his record at Charlton - who play(ed) much more ''real'' football - was decidedly iffy. I''ve put this one down as a slightly strange signing, given their supposed £millions, but I guess we''ll see as the season progresses. 

[quote user="Fellas"]17 goals in 155 for Charlton. A sign of a great player. One season wonder, all most certain.
[/quote]

[/quote]

PS: If Magilton is to be believed became a target after he ran rings round the Ipswich defence when we played them off the park for 75 per cent of the game at Portaloo Road which, as usual, we lost.

Just as Hoolahan (and we are on safer ground with this) became Roeder''s instant target when he felt The Hooligan took your defence apart at Carrow Road - and then luckily Mr Roeder rang up Mr Hoolahan''s agent (consulting the FA handbook) and discovered he had  a release clause!

[quote user="starman"]overweight,slow and couldnt hit a cows ar** with a banjo. load of pants the scum are welcome to him[/quote]

He discovered the Cow''s Arse 17 times last season in a relegated club who scored more goals than Norwich City.

He may well be a load of pants for them but he was okay for us.

[/quote] soory, i disagree i thought he was poor during his loan spell here. He wasnt fit fair enough but didnt inspire me