Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Surely no need for Gibbs now??

I was just thinking, surely now with the addition of Bell to an already well-complemented and full midfield, Kieran Gibbs shouldn''t really be needed now. Bell can cover all midfield positions, so I believe that the loan fee and wages for Gibbs would be better spent on cover for central defence or a striker (sorely need a big-man type forward).  Plus Wenger would want Gibbs to be starting as many matches as possible, so that means two senior professionals sitting on the bench in that central midfield role. No room in the inn if you ask me.

I think Roeder will still look to bring him in, I wouldn''t though, what do you guys think?

I hope not... not if Glenn is going to be in he situation he was last season of being asked to play his loanees if not send them back to their home clubs.

We don''t NEED Gibbs now, we have plenty of Central Mid options and even a couple on the left now in Hoolahan, Bell and Eagle, even Bertrand showed he can play left wing if injuries occur and with Drury fit again he could cover left back spot.

We don''t need him and don''t want to be forced to play him over a period of time.

SAY NO GLENN!!

Gibbs would be a luxury now. We need a permy CB (we look as if we''re getting Kennedy on loan), and a permy big striker. "Permy big striker" - that takes me back thirty years or so....No more loans please - it seems Roeder feels obliged to select them.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I hope not... not if Glenn is going to be in he situation he was last season of being asked to play his loanees if not send them back to their home clubs. [/quote]

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

There is not one shred of evidence that this happened other than the inane ramblings of a few posters on here.

You don''t think 1st Wiz is really a wizard as well do you [:P]

Agreed, - we have cover in the midfield, especially centre and left. Unless there are some long term injuries, it is difficult to see players like Spillane, Eagle and even Pattison getting a regular game. Gibbs may be better than these, but will he challenge Fozzy, Clingan, Rusty and Bell?It looks as if GR may have spoken to Arsene Wenger about Lupoli. If so he may have asked about Gibbs, and know what the situation is. Last time Gibbs came with a strong request for a regular game.If we are to have further loans, I would prefer them as strikers (unlikely perhaps) and central defenders. We may be able to have a large number of loanees, and even use 5 at a time, but although they do not involve transfer fees we know from the past that there could be arrangement fees and there will be wages to pay. Let''s spend the money when and if we find a real nugget!

[quote user="Old Boy"]Gibbs would be a luxury now. We need a permy CB (we look as if we''re getting Kennedy on loan), and a permy big striker. "Permy big striker" - that takes me back thirty years or so....

No more loans please - it seems Roeder feels obliged to select them.
[/quote]

We do?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I hope not... not if Glenn is going to be in he situation he was last season of being asked to play his loanees if not send them back to their home clubs. [/quote]

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

There is not one shred of evidence that this happened other than the inane ramblings of a few posters on here.

You don''t think 1st Wiz is really a wizard as well do you [:P]

[/quote]

Bloody hell if thats true, I really need to have a think about how much time I spend looking at this board as I''ve convinced myself that I''d seen interviews with Wenger (at length) and Roeder speaking of the nesessity of young loanees playing regularly and that Steve Copple took back a young lad who wasn''t playing. Barmy eh!

After yesterdays game and the spurs game I wouldn''t let Pattison, Eagle of Chadwick near our left side, and Lappin stands no chance, so we are not actually as well covered there as people think. Bell is injured at present and I think he''s been brought in predominantly as a right/central option. Add to this that Hoolihan seems to be an "in the hole" type player and I can see why Gibbs would be considered. I wouldn''t want to see him guartanteed a place however, nor would I want to see him at the expense of a striker. How many loans can play in a game again?