Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Watford Valued At £20 Million....

Just read in the EDP that Watford has been valued at £20M and is looking to be bought out by Jimmy Russo.

Similar sized club to ours, except they have a vastly superior squad and had a decent go at promotion last year. Yet our board have valued us at £56M?

Thoughts.............

Hang on, wasn''t the 56mil figure including the 20mil player investment - plus 16mil debt which isn''t actually part of the club valuation but has to be repaid due to PLC status?In which case it makes the actual valuation nearer 20mil? Or am I completely off here...?

No I think the 20 Million warchest for Roeder was after he had bought the club for 56 Million. Have to say, seeing Watford valued at that really puts it into perspective. Do they own their own ground though and have the sort of additional infrastructure that we do?

Doesn''t specify the details, but I''m assuming Watford have debt like most clubs.

The £56 mil did include the £20m for players and the £16m debt... so

yes, the club is technically actually worth £20m... or something like

that...

[quote user="Salahuddin"]No I think the 20 Million warchest for Roeder was after he had bought the club for 56 Million. Have to say, seeing Watford valued at that really puts it into perspective. Do they own their own ground though and have the sort of additional infrastructure that we do?[/quote]

I dunno about training facilities etc but they share Vicarage road with a super league side and it''s built on the back of the allotments...

[quote user="Salahuddin"]No I think the 20 Million warchest for Roeder was after he had bought the club for 56 Million. Have to say, seeing Watford valued at that really puts it into perspective. Do they own their own ground though and have the sort of additional infrastructure that we do?[/quote]Nope:56 million = For players: £20 millionShares (Valued at price of unissued shares*): £16 millionCommercial loans to be repaid: £16 millionDirector loans to be repaid: £4 million*no guareentee that the owned shares would be sold at this price.This breakdown was regarded as "technically correct" by Peter Cullum.

I''ve been looking at some of Watfords sites, quite funny really as the message boards are full of similar comments to this one. ''Lack of ambition'', ''where''s the money gone'', ''Sort the squad out''. Same old stuff.

It seems though that they do indeed have an ever growing debt, and it doesn''t look like that is incorporated into deal. But the Russo brothers need to find £20M to buy the remaining shares, they currently own 29.1%.

So basically £20M is the current rate for a rubbish club on the slide! If only we had a billionaire Norwich fan wanting to invest..........................

It would appear that Watford is valued at around £30 mil  The potential buyers have nearly 1/3rd of the shares and need to find £20 mil to purchase the rest 20 = 10 = £30 mil Aprox