Sign in to follow this  
NorwichsNewFinest

Club Valuation comparision

Let''s put on our shoes Delia & take a stroll along real street. You want £56,000,000 for our great football club.

I read in the press today that the club owner of Valencia has put his club for sale for £65,000,000. Now I love the club as much as everyone else, but if you were an investor (not necessarily Peter Cullum), who would you go for? Spend £9,000,000 more & get a side who are consistently pushing for champions league qualification or ''little ol Norwich''?

Granted The £56,000,000 is based upon £20,000,000 being injected into the playing squad but still, casting a first glance seems a strangely blunt proposition.

Putting emotion aside, which one would you go for assuming you were a billionaire/multi-millionaire & had to choose?

That much is true, the reason I quoted £56,000,000 as this was the figure the club quoted to anyone wishing to complete a purchase of the club.

Just wanted to point out where I''m coming from. Besides, it''s entirely theorectical & merely something to pass the time until anything happens.

You could spend 65 mil on Valencia and not splash out on any players. The 56 mil ,for the greatest club on earth, includes a 20 million quid slush fund, bringing the real price to 36 mil. Valencia V Norwich now has perspective.

Still who wants to own a club with a history of La Liga titles and Champions League qualification when you can have good ol Norwich City. Not I dear friends...Not I....Valencia? I dispense of ya.

-Bigus.

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

Let''s put on our shoes Delia & take a stroll along real street. You want £56,000,000 for our great football club.

I read in the press today that the club owner of Valencia has put his club for sale for £65,000,000. Now I love the club as much as everyone else, but if you were an investor (not necessarily Peter Cullum), who would you go for? Spend £9,000,000 more & get a side who are consistently pushing for champions league qualification or ''little ol Norwich''?

Granted The £56,000,000 is based upon £20,000,000 being injected into the playing squad but still, casting a first glance seems a strangely blunt proposition.

Putting emotion aside, which one would you go for assuming you were a billionaire/multi-millionaire & had to choose?

[/quote]

You are getting a few of the figures mixed up and missing one key one.

Norwich:  Cost to purchase - £16m, Debt - £20m, Transfer fund - £20m

Valencia: Cost to purchase - £65m, Debt - €400m

(http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-valencia-ceo-influences-silva.html http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=769425)

That is the problem with some of the numbers that have been quoted.  People mis-interpret them, talk a load of rubbish and draw wrong conclusions, like this post.

Not so much getting figures confused my friend. As I explained earlier I am completely aware of the £20m for the playing squad etc.........

As for Valencia''s debt, I wasn''t aware of that amount due to just reading the £65m price tag in the press at lunch time. May I apologise for not taking the afternoon off work to thoroughly research this in depth before posting on here. Oh, hang on, I''m not a professional journalist.

More to the point THIS IS ENTIRELY THEORETICAL!!!!! It''s not a serious thread, just something to help pass the time.

Pick holes if you will but as I explained earlier if you read the statement on the club website it said assuming someone wants complete control & wants to spend £20m on the playing squad, the figure is £56m. So that is the figure I quoted.

Jesus, something that only was a bit of fun is so easily torn up by the ''correctness squad'' on here.

Well its not just picking holes its stating facts...... if you are just takin share valuation its 16m vs 65m. If you are talking total takeover, assuming Valencia are governed by similar company law to Norwich Cullum would need to have 485m compared to 56m

56 million is a nice short tunnel of an escape route for our incompetent incumbents, they walk away with their heads not touching their chins - and their tales wagging like a cat that''s got the cream. A very nice amount of wonga as a parting gift......and everything is all lovey nicey Heacham Lavendery.....because old Cullers will pay the bill for a board of Directionless and their ineptness.

If we''d not beaten QPR.......what would the actual valuation be - at this moment in time?

And would our Donny be doing his bit for footy down Laaaaandaaaaaan....[8]Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle aye - Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle aye!"[8]

56 million!? MY HEARSE![:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

If we''d not beaten QPR.......what would the actual valuation be - at this moment in time?

[/quote]

Well we did seems a bit irrelevent.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Well we did seems a bit irrelevent.

[/quote]

Yes, at football.

[quote user="king canary"]

Maybe im just thick but that didnt make sense?

[/quote]

It wasn''t meant to......make sense......but, that''s irrelevant.

[quote user="king canary"]Well its not just picking holes its stating facts...... if you are just takin share valuation its 16m vs 65m. If you are talking total takeover, assuming Valencia are governed by similar company law to Norwich Cullum would need to have 485m compared to 56m[/quote]

Well put and more to the point you didn''t across as a smug arse doing so!

Ok, putting emotions aside...........

485m euros vs £56m, can''t be bothered to work out the conversion........

Which one? Hahahahaha

It''s largely irrelevant what valuation the Club puts on its shares, they''re not freely traded on a major stock exchange so they''re only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. If there''s only one show in town, it''s not going to be very much and if the existing majority shareholders say "no", they''ll take some serious stick!

Yay I''m not a smug arse!!!

Well if you were looking to asset strip Valencias squad is worth much much more than ours, but there ground is in seriou need of a face lift. But as it seats 70k its still worth more than Carrow Road.