Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

You know those annoying people who post something on an existing thread that they then deem worthy of its very own?  You know, the ones who so obviously love the sound of their own voice that they desperately cry out for people to hear it? Well, here I am with my own effort.  Enjoy:You know something has just occurred to me.  Whilst there is bickering

about the details of this charade, most of us can only agree that we

would very much like the £20m for players that Cullum wishes to invest;

we simply have different views on the situation and how to achieve it.So

far, people have been calling for protests against Delia, but perhaps

this isn''t the way to go.  Not only will it divide the fans further,

but it will perhaps directing our efforts at the wrong target.  We

shouldn''t be protesting for Delia to be stepping down - we should be

petitioning for Cullum to put his money where his mouth is!So

why don''t we all pull together, focus our energy in one direction and

call for Cullum to ride to the rescue by tabling a further and

(arguably) more reasonable bid?  The man has a chance to go for glory

here and could (potentially) become a true Saint figure in the history

of this club.WE''RE HERE WAITING MR CULLUM, TIME TO GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT.

[quote user="Mangol Wurzel"]

Could us small shareholders set up a Private Individual Shareholders Seeking Extra Dosh fund?

Wurzel

[/quote]

That sounds like a whip round for a few pints of Guinness to me. What a good idea!

[quote user="Mangol Wurzel"]

Could us small shareholders set up a Private Individual Shareholders Seeking Extra Dosh fund?

Wurzel

[/quote]I thought you were accusing me of being p*ssed for a minute there... you''re only half right... [;)][Y]Anyway, enough comedy, I''ve written a thoughtful post there! Doesn''t happen very often, make the most of it!

I think we''re all missing the real issue; we don''t practice shooting down at Coolnee - that is the the real issue.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You know those annoying people who post something on an existing thread that they then deem worthy of its very own?  You know, the ones who so obviously love the sound of their own voice that they desperately cry out for people to hear it? Well, here I am with my own effort.  Enjoy:

You know something has just occurred to me.  Whilst there is bickering about the details of this charade, most of us can only agree that we would very much like the £20m for players that Cullum wishes to invest; we simply have different views on the situation and how to achieve it.

So far, people have been calling for protests against Delia, but perhaps this isn''t the way to go.  Not only will it divide the fans further, but it will perhaps directing our efforts at the wrong target.  We shouldn''t be protesting for Delia to be stepping down - we should be petitioning for Cullum to put his money where his mouth is!

So why don''t we all pull together, focus our energy in one direction and call for Cullum to ride to the rescue by tabling a further and (arguably) more reasonable bid?  The man has a chance to go for glory here and could (potentially) become a true Saint figure in the history of this club.

WE''RE HERE WAITING MR CULLUM, TIME TO GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT.

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Monkey,

This whole thing has been engineered by Callum to split us supporters widely apart.

He knew the board wouldn''t/couldn''t accept his terms and knew he himself wasn''t going to change them. The deal was never on !

But he has brought this all on with very little effort and will now sit back and wait for us to tear ourselves apart and force Delia et al away. It''s called divide and defeat !

Close ranks don''t let him destroy our great fanbase !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You know those annoying people who post something on an existing thread that they then deem worthy of its very own?  You know, the ones who so obviously love the sound of their own voice that they desperately cry out for people to hear it? Well, here I am with my own effort.  Enjoy:You know something has just occurred to me.  Whilst there is bickering about the details of this charade, most of us can only agree that we would very much like the £20m for players that Cullum wishes to invest; we simply have different views on the situation and how to achieve it.So far, people have been calling for protests against Delia, but perhaps this isn''t the way to go.  Not only will it divide the fans further, but it will perhaps directing our efforts at the wrong target.  We shouldn''t be protesting for Delia to be stepping down - we should be petitioning for Cullum to put his money where his mouth is!So why don''t we all pull together, focus our energy in one direction and call for Cullum to ride to the rescue by tabling a further and (arguably) more reasonable bid?  The man has a chance to go for glory here and could (potentially) become a true Saint figure in the history of this club.WE''RE HERE WAITING MR CULLUM, TIME TO GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Monkey,

This whole thing has been engineered by Callum to split us supporters widely apart.

He knew the board wouldn''t/couldn''t accept his terms and knew he himself wasn''t going to change them. The deal was never on !

But he has brought this all on with very little effort and will now sit back and wait for us to tear ourselves apart and force Delia et al away. It''s called divide and defeat !

Close ranks don''t let him destroy our great fanbase !

[/quote]att last..........someone else has seen sense! spot on son!

Thanks Gorleston, I''m 100% serious on this one - glib comments and witty banter aside, we need to stand firm.  Does anyone have any tips for starting a petition, I''ve never done it before.  Let''s show Cullum we''re in it 100% if he is willing... [Y]

Your heart''s definitely in the right place, Monkey, but I''m a cynical Old Boy and I don''t think that either party to this really cares about what we think. I don''t think that PC is the type to put in £20, let alone £20m, just to make the fans happy: he''ll want assets, and Delia ain''t letting him have ''em. But I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

Right, I''m doing this.  I''ve read up on PetitionOnline.com and I reckon that''s the way to go, then we can email it to Mr Cullum after a certain period (2 weeks?).Something like:We the undersigned call on Mr Peter Cullum - billionaire and lifelong Norwich City Football Club fan - to further consider investment into the club.We believe the club has gone stagnant and needs a serious injection of funds to be able to compete in this ever-changing football world.We believe that the recent investment talks, and its handling through the media, has upset and divided the fans and that we now need to stand together as one and do all we can to make sure the club gets the success it craves and deserves.We believe that your financial help - be it in the form of direct investment, loans, gifts, or a full takeover - could make the difference and that, handled correctly, your name could become synonymous with our great club for many years to come.Please consider our petition, on behalf of Norwich City Football Club and all related message boards.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Right, I''m doing this.  I''ve read up on PetitionOnline.com and I reckon that''s the way to go, then we can email it to Mr Cullum after a certain period (2 weeks?).

Something like:

We the undersigned call on Mr Peter Cullum - billionaire and lifelong Norwich City Football Club fan - to further consider investment into the club.

We believe the club has gone stagnant and needs a serious injection of funds to be able to compete in this ever-changing football world.

We believe that the recent investment talks, and its handling through the media, has upset and divided the fans and that we now need to stand together as one and do all we can to make sure the club gets the success it craves and deserves.

We believe that your financial help - be it in the form of direct investment, loans, gifts, or a full takeover - could make the difference and that, handled correctly, your name could become synonymous with our great club for many years to come.

Please consider our petition, on behalf of Norwich City Football Club and all related message boards.

[/quote]

Ok Evil, maybe you are right, get this poll going!

Good stuff Evil Monkey..

Like i have been saying for a while all Peter Cullum needs to do is wait...

IF we get relegated then the value of the football club is going to reduce considerably isnt it? Delia will lose money, and her hand will be forced...

Cullum will acquire this club.. trust me... its a matter of when.. not if..

A bottom half finish is going to force the issue even more.. the board are surely going to have to accept that they are not able to advance us and need help.. tail between legs time as they appraoch Cullum.

jas :)

I''m pretty sure if Cullum had come up with a decent offer over the last couple of weeks, he could be in the process of taking over right now.I really do that it can all be worked out with Delia, but it will all have to wait until Christmas at least, more likely next summer.Although if Cullum was extra lovely he could give a little 5 million "sorry for all the trouble I''ve caused and time I''ve wasted" present for Glenn to unwrap after the long drive back from Devon.It''s a great shame the pre-RNS positivity has melted away, and the takeover uncertainy has used up so much of the pre-season.