Sign in to follow this  
Niche

Delia Smith interview on BBC in February

The EEN are covering the BBC interview in tonights paper and have YouTube on their webpage.

Apologies if anyone''s already posted this above - so many posts, so little time . . .

Just watched it again, and it''s a classic case of someone with something to hide trying too hard to throw people off the scent.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

The EEN are covering the BBC interview in tonights paper and have YouTube on their webpage.

Apologies if anyone''s already posted this above - so many posts, so little time . . .

Just watched it again, and it''s a classic case of someone with something to hide trying too hard to throw people off the scent.

[/quote]

Sorry folks, just seen it.  The first line of the EEN article calls it a "Prophetic" interview lol! 

I don''t think so . . . either they aren''t up to speed or they think we don''t know that he''d already offered it before the interview took place.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

She really has dug herself into a massive hole by her actions clearly not matching her populist statements.  The club must tell us exactly what the problem was with the offer, if not i think we can only conclude that she has been lying to us.

[/quote]

I know you understand accounts, but I''m not sure you have a good grasp of propositional logic.

Delia''s statement in january was:  Offer me money for club, but not money for the team,  then I do not sell, no matter how big your offer for the shares is.

boil it down to logic:
Offer for shares = A, Money for team = B, Sell = C

Delias statement becomes:  "A and not B implies not C".   This is not the same as "not A and B implies C" or indeed "A and B implies C", no matter how hard people on here want it to.  She has matched her statements and hasn''t lied, just people hear what they want to hear and them blame her for this.

[/quote]

Read the statement in the first post of this thread (or listen to it).  However you may want to twist it Delia has blatently gone against that statement therefore it was a lie.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

She really has dug herself into a massive hole by her actions clearly not matching her populist statements.  The club must tell us exactly what the problem was with the offer, if not i think we can only conclude that she has been lying to us.

[/quote]I know you understand accounts, but I''m not sure you have a good grasp of propositional logic.Delia''s statement in january was:  Offer me money for club, but not money for the team,  then I do not sell, no matter how big your offer for the shares is.boil it down to logic:Offer for shares = A, Money for team = B, Sell = CDelias statement becomes:  "A and not B implies not C".   This is not the same as "not A and B implies C" or indeed "A and B implies C", no matter how hard people on here want it to.  She has matched her statements and hasn''t lied, just people hear what they want to hear and them blame her for this.[/quote]

Read the statement in the first post of this thread (or listen to it).  However you may want to twist it Delia has blatently gone against that statement therefore it was a lie.

[/quote]Ey? But PC wants control of the club for that 20 million, so it can''t be just for the playing side unless he expects the present owners (all of them) to give him their shares. You are twisting her words. If he wants to give 20 mill to the playing  budget he needs to buy the shares too, it''s really not that hard is it. Not one person here would just give away a business they have spent millions on, and why should they.

SPat, where exactly in that interview does she mention buying the shares?  She talks about "£20m for the team" and that is exactly what Cullum offered.  A populist lie i`m afraid.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]SPat, where exactly in that interview does she mention buying the shares?  She talks about "£20m for the team" and that is exactly what Cullum offered.  A populist lie i`m afraid.[/quote]

Yes Mr C it''s what you or I would call a lie.  But it''s actually something even more devious.  Look at what she actually said - "if we turned down £20 million for the playing side the fans would never forgive us".  She didn''t say they wouldn''t turn it down, just that we''d never forgive them if they did - and of course she''s absolutely right!

Exactly, she has stated this and her prophecies are coming true. Cullum hasn''t helped Delia, but the fans have sensed success, and that is all we want.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]SPat, where exactly in that interview does she mention buying the shares?  She talks about "£20m for the team" and that is exactly what Cullum offered.  A populist lie i`m afraid.[/quote]He wants control of the club does he not? That means he needs to acquire the shares. She says she would not turn down 20 mill for the team, Cullum has not offered 20 mill for the team has he, he''s offered that for the team & the club with it''s assets. Slightly different. I would imagine if he writes a cheque for 20 mill and specifically says it''s for the team, the board will gladly take it, and probably give him a seat on the board. If he want''s Control he has to pay more because the club is worth more.  What exactly are you suggesting is a popularist lie? [:^)]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]SPat, where exactly in that interview does she mention buying the shares?  She talks about "£20m for the team" and that is exactly what Cullum offered.  A populist lie i`m afraid.[/quote]

He wants control of the club does he not? That means he needs to acquire the shares. She says she would not turn down 20 mill for the team, Cullum has not offered 20 mill for the team has he, he''s offered that for the team & the club with it''s assets. Slightly different. I would imagine if he writes a cheque for 20 mill and specifically says it''s for the team, the board will gladly take it, and probably give him a seat on the board. If he want''s Control he has to pay more because the club is worth more.  What exactly are you suggesting is a popularist lie? [:^)]
[/quote]

No SPat he has offered £20 million for the team.  He has explicitly said he does not want the club and its assets (not at this stage anyway).  He wants a majority stake because he wants control over how the money is spent, as you would expect.  He could get majority control if he bought into a new share issue. 

That''s exactly how D&M got their majority holding after all.  They loaned the club money and converted it into shares.