Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Smoking at Carrow Road......

Rather than having to wait to use a cubicle at Carrow Road because their being used for people having a crafty cig, why don''t they provide some sort of facility for the smokers?  I''m not a smoker by the way but it''s just so blatant.

It would be difficult as it would have to be open air, so barclay upper etc would be impossible. Also imagine all the fuss having to let people out and in again people slipping in without tickets etc.

I smoke but I can go a couple of hours without the need to hide in a bog. For the the record I can usually go a couple of hours without the need to have a........never mind.[;)]

It sounds a good idea but wouldnt work. I smoke and do miss a fag ( Well a tense game i would go through nearly 20 ), but its like anything you get use to it after a while.

One of the best laughs I had last season was queuing for the ladies loos in the Jarrold Stand at half time, smelling smoke from a cubicle and then watching a red-faced, male smoker open the door and exit pretty smartly.

I do miss smoking there, but for the sake of others around me I suppose it is better. At the end of the day its only under 2 hours, so I can wait.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

One of the best laughs I had last season was queuing for the ladies loos in the Jarrold Stand at half time, smelling smoke from a cubicle and then watching a red-faced, male smoker open the door and exit pretty smartly.

[/quote]

I take it you are a female?

He could be stupic like me, I was at Gatwick airport and needed a pee before the flight. I walked past some friendly ish members of staff and walked in the toilet. Thought it was strange that there was not any urinals but even stranger is when I had 4 woman looking at me in disgust. Walked out and the staff just looked at me wierd. Off couse my friends thought it was funny. Good start to my 30th birthday holiday I though.

we often ask the stewards if we can nip outside from a smoke at half time only to be told that we cant and we would not be allowed back in if we did, then you look out of the window only to see wyn jones and his mates having a crafty one.

i know it would be impossible to let out and in the amount of people who would like a fag so surely the people who run this club should lead by example. but it doesn''t suprise me as the smoking ban affected us who sit in the lounges a couple of years before the total ban when they banned it throughout the lounge areas in the city stand, all apart from one... the one where the directors sit .

one rule for some etc...  

[quote user="plan b"]

we often ask the stewards if we can nip outside from a smoke at half time only to be told that we cant and we would not be allowed back in if we did, then you look out of the window only to see wyn jones and his mates having a crafty one.

[/quote]

walk round to the main entrance and say "hi im late for the game as i have been working, theres no one in my seat, heres my season ticket.. think u can let us in again....?" It works... try it...

they walk you back round and let you back in....

if your in the Barclay try the steward who looks like Trigger from fools and horses and his exit gate... he let my mate back in after he got thrown out against Crewe!

jas :)

[quote user="plan b"]

i know it would be impossible to let out and in the amount of people who would like a fag so surely the people who run this club should lead by example. but it doesn''t suprise me as the smoking ban affected us who sit in the lounges a couple of years before the total ban when they banned it throughout the lounge areas in the city stand, all apart from one... the one where the directors sit .

one rule for some etc...  

[/quote]

Gives a whole new meaning to the title - Fortress Carrow Road ...............or should that read ''Prison Carrow Road'' .Puzzles me why ,when armed with your season ticket without which you couldn''t have got in anyway ,the stewards won''t let the lepers such as I  stand outside for a few minutes at half-time. I don''t blame the stewards - they''re only doing what the club tells them - and rules are rules etc [*-)] but I personally don''t like being locked in and treated like an inmate of Alcatraz

[quote user="CID"][quote user="plan b"]

one rule for some etc...  

[/quote]

Gives a whole new meaning to the title - Fortress Carrow Road ...............or should that read ''Prison Carrow Road'' .Puzzles me why ,when armed with your season ticket without which you couldn''t have got in anyway ,the stewards won''t let the lepers such as I  stand outside for a few minutes at half-time. I don''t blame the stewards - they''re only doing what the club tells them - and rules are rules etc [*-)] but I personally don''t like being locked in and treated like an inmate of Alcatraz

[/quote]

Even prisoners get to smoke inside, amazing isn''t it lol.

Resent the ban....but can manage 90 minutes plus half time ...even extra time if necessary but had to admit defeat at Rochdale and missed the penalty shoot out. Listened to it with some locals in the same situation. Best away ground Barnsley where you can nip out for a crafty fag and the stewards ignore it. No such luck at home!