Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Charm offensive brings about a dangerous game...

well... the EDP has broken the ''news''... Cullum interested in putting money into Norwich... It''s put everyone at the club in a difficult position as the fans won''t listen to reason... i.e i just saw a thread titled ''sod off delia'' - I didn''t bother reading it as i know it''ll be the usual bile about someone who has done a lot for our club... Norwich fans on the whole seem to forget far too easily... or are too thick... maybe both? ...not much to suggest i am wrong. 

So what will Delia do... what can she do? If she doesn''t take the offer (one that we actually know very little about) and Norwich go against form and do well in the league people will be ''satisfied'' ... if  more likely to occur Norwich sit around the bottom of the table the fans will want blood... As usual...  

It is easy to jump on a bit of news that is ''positive'' and take it as read... We know very little about what Cullum has offered... It all sounds good and maybe it is...  BUT until we know all the details from both sides it''s fool hardy to judge...

I hope it is all good, a good deal for all involved... that way we all get what we want...Glenn with the money to challenge in the champ and hopefully put us back to where a club like Norwich belongs....

I can''t help thinking this is a very clever *read snidey* move by Cullum.. knowing what our fans are like... he''s backed the board in a pretty small corner where their choices involve either submission or putting their head in a noose and seeing if the stool is kicked from beneath them.

I hope something can be sorted before the season starts.. the last thing we need are the fans peicing screams for the board to go etc from the stands from the off...

J

What I despise about posters like you James, is that you don''t have the grace to finally admit that this writer (me) of bilge has been right about Smith all along!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]What I despise about posters like you James, is that you don''t have the grace to finally admit that this writer (me) of bilge has been right about Smith all along![/quote]

And what the rest of us dislike about you, Wizard, is you jump to conclusions, twist and warp situations to suit your opinions and then change your mind when you realise these opinions are wrong.

You''re a cheap, attention seeking junkie - and posts like the above show you to be the hypocrite you are.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]What I despise about posters like you James, is that you don''t have the grace to finally admit that this writer (me) of bilge has been right about Smith all along![/quote]

It does seem rather more about you continuing to prove yourself to be a self promoting, schoolgirl hissy fit having old sad act, frankly. How long before you and other reactionary told you so''s decide that you don''t like, "where Cullum and his cronies are taking the club or some other utter drivel", grow up, go away or find something more akin to your desperately sad need for attention. perhaps a clown at kid''s parties or something similar.  

Right about what? You change your opinions so often even you don''t know what they are.

What the rest of us despise is idiots like you lurking in the shadows of doom, waiting for the slightest whiff of controversy so you can say ''I told you so''.

Why don''t you try proving to us that you''re not the attention-craving lonely sad-sack we all think you are, by laying out here and now, a full and comprehensive piece of thoughtful prose on why you are ''right about Smith''.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

And what the rest of us dislike about you, Wizard, is you jump to conclusions, twist and warp situations to suit your opinions and then change your mind when you realise these opinions are wrong.

You''re a cheap, attention seeking junkie - and posts like the above show you to be the hypocrite you are.

[/quote]

What sticks in your graw MM, is that once again you and your fellow Delia loving ilk, have been proven wrong..........and despite your rabid reply, a dead giveaway!.............I just love it!.[:D]

[quote user="Jameswallis"]

well... the EDP has broken the ''news''... Cullum interested in putting money into Norwich... It''s put everyone at the club in a difficult position as the fans won''t listen to reason... i.e i just saw a thread titled ''sod off delia'' - I didn''t bother reading it as i know it''ll be the usual bile about someone who has done a lot for our club... Norwich fans on the whole seem to forget far too easily... or are too thick... maybe both? ...not much to suggest i am wrong. 

So what will Delia do... what can she do? If she doesn''t take the offer (one that we actually know very little about) and Norwich go against form and do well in the league people will be ''satisfied'' ... if  more likely to occur Norwich sit around the bottom of the table the fans will want blood... As usual...  

It is easy to jump on a bit of news that is ''positive'' and take it as read... We know very little about what Cullum has offered... It all sounds good and maybe it is...  BUT until we know all the details from both sides it''s fool hardy to judge...

I hope it is all good, a good deal for all involved... that way we all get what we want...Glenn with the money to challenge in the champ and hopefully put us back to where a club like Norwich belongs....

I can''t help thinking this is a very clever *read snidey* move by Cullum.. knowing what our fans are like... he''s backed the board in a pretty small corner where their choices involve either submission or putting their head in a noose and seeing if the stool is kicked from beneath them.

I hope something can be sorted before the season starts.. the last thing we need are the fans peicing screams for the board to go etc from the stands from the off...

J

[/quote]totally agree with you mate..........he may be offering peanuts to Delia? she has put all of her money into this club and do we expect her to hand over the club and lose loads of money herself? would you be so quick to lose money in this day and age people? wake up!

what am i admitting Wizard? do you read what people write or scan read an then go off on one?

try make a comment on what i''ve written not ask for an apology... I don''t think i have read more than two posts from you that have added something to a conversation... it''s all catty comments like some old disliking mother in law... pretty pathetic really...

Sure you''re a nice wizard really who has some brains under your pointed hat... often though it seems you choose not to use them... I mean do you take everything literally? do you believe all you read in the papers? what do you know set in stone about other investors? do you actually what goes on in the boardroom...? pray do tell what has kept this club afloat in the last 4 years... please don''t say parashoot payments as it will just show how very little you understand about running a business/football club - now these two are the same thing.

I would like you for once to answer me.. keeping to the question, with detail and keep the answer relevent...

Almost angry that so many norwich fans are that naive... no wonder so many people think Norfolk people are inbred... if they read some of the comments from posters on here they would seriously wonder if we have any brains! ...oh well.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="1st Wizard"]What I despise about posters like you James, is that you don''t have the grace to finally admit that this writer (me) of bilge has been right about Smith all along![/quote] Right about what? You change your opinions so often even you don''t know what they are. What the rest of us despise is idiots like you lurking in the shadows of doom, waiting for the slightest whiff of controversy so you can say ''I told you so''. Why don''t you try proving to us that you''re not the attention-craving lonely sad-sack we all think you are, by laying out here and now, a full and comprehensive piece of thoughtful prose on why you are ''right about Smith''.[/quote]

Ah, the one post club employee strikes again!.

Why "despise" - when all he has done is expressed an intelligently put forward opinion. Save your spite and vile for those Suffolk fools...

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

What sticks in your graw MM, is that once again you and your fellow Delia loving ilk, have been proven wrong..........and despite your rabid reply, a dead giveaway!.............I just love it!.[:D]

[/quote]

Again, I''m not a Delia lover. She''s a bit too old for my tastes. Ahem...

Anyway, nothing has been proven yet and as usual you jump to conclusions based on evidence twisted to suit you. Come back when you learn how to debate.

1st Wizard wrote:

TheMarshmallowMan wrote:

1st Wizard wrote:

What I despise about posters like you James, is that you don''t have the grace to finally admit that this writer (me) of bilge has been right about Smith all along!

What sticks in your graw MM, is that once again you and your fellow Delia loving ilk, have been proven wrong..........and despite your rabid reply, a dead giveaway!.............I just love it!.Big Smile [:D]

I''m guessing that Charles Clarke MP won''t have sought out Cullum without being asked to by the club. The same people you appear to so agaisnt.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again, I''m not a Delia lover. She''s a bit too old for my tastes. Ahem...

Anyway, nothing has been proven yet and as usual you jump to conclusions based on evidence twisted to suit you. Come back when you learn how to debate.

[/quote]

Debate?.........on here?..........check your first reply to me!..........some debating pal.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="1st Wizard"]What I despise about posters like you James, is that you don''t have the grace to finally admit that this writer (me) of bilge has been right about Smith all along![/quote] Right about what? You change your opinions so often even you don''t know what they are. What the rest of us despise is idiots like you lurking in the shadows of doom, waiting for the slightest whiff of controversy so you can say ''I told you so''. Why don''t you try proving to us that you''re not the attention-craving lonely sad-sack we all think you are, by laying out here and now, a full and comprehensive piece of thoughtful prose on why you are ''right about Smith''.[/quote]

Ah, the one post club employee strikes again!.

[/quote]

Once again you hide behind your ''it''s a club conspiracy'' nonsense. I''m a season ticket holder of over 20 years and I own shares in the club but I am not an employee. I don''t have to justify myself to a non-fan like you.

I await your piece on why you are ''right about Smith''. Or are you incapable? Like you were on ''The Nest''?

well I sort of agree with you Wiz.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="Jameswallis"]

J

[/quote]totally agree with you mate..........he may be offering peanuts to Delia? she has put all of her money into this club and do we expect her to hand over the club and lose loads of money herself? would you be so quick to lose money in this day and age people? wake up![/quote]

No mate, in terms of football, she has invested nothing over the years.And if you think she hasnt earned her money back you must be mad, because like you said, she would be mad to loose money, and i garantee she has lost nothing over the years, she has had more than her fair share back for any money invested ( sick joke that is )

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Get real, i wouldn''t trust this lot ever again after continually telling us that no investor has come forward. Suckers the lot of you, its no wonder we were very nearly relegated with so called fans like you supporting a gentlemens club who only have there own interests at heart by treating the club like a little toy.

I have read and disagreed with many of your posts wiz, but on this one you were so so right, and most of those still clinging to the opposite don''t have the bottle to admit they were wrong.

I absolutely agree with Jameswallis on this.I am sure 1st Wizard has been involved in plenty of takeover battles in his career (as I have- oh and Mr Cullum has) and so will understand exactly how the process works- all the preamble, negotiation, valuation, due diligence, warranty documents, audits etc that have to take place before anything can be finalised...   it does therefore seem a little odd that he is advocating taking the first offer on the table without even trying to obtain the best possible price (i.e. from our perspective that which provides the most money for players) but I am sure he will have a good explanation for his tactics....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Get real, i wouldn''t trust this lot ever again after continually telling us that no investor has come forward. Suckers the lot of you, its no wonder we were very nearly relegated with so called fans like you supporting a gentlemens club who only have there own interests at heart by treating the club like a little toy.

[/quote]

are you mental? do you know how much money they would have lost over the last few years being incontrol? get real seriously get real on this hate thing... it is utterly pathetic and uncalled for... i must have missed the fields in norfolk where money grows on trees...

[quote user="Jameswallis"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

are you mental? do you know how much money they would have lost over the last few years being incontrol? get real seriously get real on this hate thing... it is utterly pathetic and uncalled for... i must have missed the fields in norfolk where money grows on trees...

[/quote]

Come on then genius how much money have they lost? If Cullum buys them out they lose jack. Give me some figures please.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Jameswallis"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does it really matter how much they lose or gain? What matters is if we end up with Cullum, that HE has the good of the club at heart. IF he''s trying to get it on the cheap, will he end up scrimping on transfers? Negotiating his way out of deals?

It''s so stupid that any other option is a better option. If Cullum wants the club, he can afford it.

Let''s see how much he wants it.

[/quote]

Come on then genius how much money have they lost? If Cullum buys them out they lose jack. Give me some figures please.

[/quote]

Without sitting down with a calculator for half an hour theses figures are very approximate.

Assuming all her shares were bought at £25 each and she does achieve £30 (which is very doubtfull) she will make around £1.6 million for money the club has had for up to 12 years

On the money loaned to the club she will make nothing.

At a conservative estimate of 6% return over that period she would have made over £15 million

Now tell me she has lost nothing.