Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Our next signing!!!!!!!!

Being reported everywhere and now the daily mail, who very often get things correct:

Ameobi on brink of £3.5m deal to leave Newcastle for Norwich

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 9:20 PM on 18th June 2008

Comments (0) Add to My Stories

Norwich are on the verge of signing Newcastle forward Shola Ameobi in a deal that could ultimately be worth £3.5million.

The former England U21 striker has knocked back moves to Ipswich and Stoke this summer but is keen to link up with his former St James’ Park manager Glenn Roeder, who is believed to have persuaded his board to find the finance for the deal.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Being reported everywhere and now the daily mail, who very often get things correct: Ameobi on brink of £3.5m deal to leave Newcastle for Norwich By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER Last updated at 9:20 PM on 18th June 2008 Comments (0) Add to My Stories Norwich are on the verge of signing Newcastle forward Shola Ameobi in a deal that could ultimately be worth £3.5million. The former England U21 striker has knocked back moves to Ipswich and Stoke this summer but is keen to link up with his former St James’ Park manager Glenn Roeder, who is believed to have persuaded his board to find the finance for the deal.[/quote]

He must have members of the boards families held hostage somewhere to convince them to do that.

As I said in the other thread regarding this, when hes signed the contract then I''ll believe it.

I''m inclined to believe this story and if it does happen it will certainly put a whole new angle on this club such as lacking ambition and everything.  Exciting times and I would love it if we signed him, love it.

far too much money!

eh didnt do very well at this level for stoke... i''d pay 1 million for him but no more... it will all end in tears for big money i fear!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

far too much money!

eh didnt do very well at this level for stoke... i''d pay 1 million for him but no more... it will all end in tears for big money i fear!

[/quote]Does say could rise to £3.5M, so initial fee might be more like £2M. The info coming out on Ameobi, Hoolahan and McCourt looks too strong now to ignore it. I would say that the odds on all 3 coming here are pretty good.

Yes their is too much speculation for there not to be some truth in it.  Intial fee will be quite small and we will only have to pay full money if and when we win promotion.  If Shola hits 20-25 goals then it is surely money well spent.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

far too much money!

[/quote]Even if it was 1.5 million plus add ons?   Its not gonna be 3.5 million upfront for a player that has 12 months left on his contract.   Bit harsh to judge him on 6 games in a Stoke team that dont play the way he is probably used to.  Plus GR did say before the loan that he wont get properly fit in that time because he needs alot more work after he comes back from injuries.