Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Irish Connection

Barry Hunter, Tommy Wright, Sammy Clingan, Pat McCourt, Martin Peterson.....anyone see a Northen Irish thing happening here?.....Last time we went down this route everyone was Scottish and look where that got us. If they are all good coaches, players then fine but is it just coincedence or does Glenn Roeder love the Irish?

Can take Martin Paterson out of that equation, looks like he''s off elsewhere unfortunately! As for the rest, it is quite a coincidence lol Lets hope they''re better than scottish rubbish we got before, im with you on that one!

Hmm I hadn''t noticed that but you''re quite correct, sure it''s just coincidence though!

[quote user="Vern"]Barry Hunter, Tommy Wright, Sammy Clingan, Pat McCourt, Martin Peterson.....anyone see a Northen Irish thing happening here?.....Last time we went down this route everyone was Scottish and look where that got us. If they are all good coaches, players then fine but is it just coincedence or does Glenn Roeder love the Irish?[/quote]

It also may be to do with the fact that Mr Roeder appointed someone to scout for you in Ireland - something apparently you did not have previously have.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Vern"]Barry Hunter, Tommy Wright, Sammy Clingan, Pat McCourt, Martin Peterson.....anyone see a Northen Irish thing happening here?.....Last time we went down this route everyone was Scottish and look where that got us. If they are all good coaches, players then fine but is it just coincedence or does Glenn Roeder love the Irish?[/quote]

It also may be to do with the fact that Mr Roeder appointed someone to scout for you in Ireland - something apparently you did not have previously have.

[/quote]i can imagine thatay boss, found ya this great player, paddy  is his name...we suddenly have a shortlist of around 1.5million...

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]
i can imagine that
ay boss, found ya this great player, paddy  is his name...we suddenly have a shortlist of around 1.5million...

[/quote]

LOL! There are some good players to be found there - Hoolahan was found at Shelbourne in the Republic.  Shelbourne, by the way, hold the record for the world''s fastest hat trick - 2m 13 sec by Jimmy O''Connor.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]i dont doubt that there are,
but...we have to have broader horizons than just the rolling hills of ireland.
[/quote]

Of course but many clubs do have Irish scouts and my understanding is that you didn''t in the past.