Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Roeder on the Doc

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="C.T"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder still wants Donkerty, then we are buggered, any decent manager would have got rid years ago........I''m very worried now for next season.[:''(][/quote]

Wiz you get more stupid by the day. You are questioning Roeder as a good manager? HE KEPT US UP WHEN WE WERE DOWN- or have you ''''conveniently'''' forgotton?

[/quote]

And you''re pretty thick too CT..........other crap teams helped keep us up as well as Roeder did.......or have you ''conveniently'' forgot our awful ''run in'' form to support your case?

[/quote]

Do you honestly think that we''d have stayed up with any other manager? This should be fun.

I found Roeders comments quite amusing, and I for one being a Doc fan, hopes he will sign the new contract put down to him, I cannot see a reason why he wouldnt, unless he of course wishes to live in USA.

Roeder has the right attitude when it comes to the Doc, if he signs, good, if he doesn''t, then it''s no great loss and he can be replaced with other targets on his list.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Larry David"]

The ball is in Doc''s court and has been for some time now. Why are you defending a chap who clearly isn''t that bothered about playing for us?

While he has the odd good game, he has had plenty of bad ones

[/quote]

Why don''t you think the Doc is bothered about playing for us? Over the last 2 or 3 seasons he''s always played with genuine commitment to the cause. When the team is playing rubbish and when the crowd gets on his back for nothing he''ll still chuck himself infront of anything when quite often there are others players who aren''t doing their bit.

And that other comment is actually completely wrong. The truth is that the Doc has plenty of good games, and the odd bad game.

[/quote]

Geniune commitment should be the bare minumum of any footballer! He is in the prime of his career but last seasons there was still lots of times when he looked panicky and uncertain of who or what is going on around him - and this is our supposed top defender?

Ask yourself why no one else has come in for him? Why has he been dropped by the Ireland squad when clowns like Paul McShane regularly get games? Why is the crowd always on edge when he''s in posession? Why does an ex-striker playing centre half NEVER score, yet we see plenty of centre halves score against us?

[/quote]

You say that but there are plenty of players out there who don''t have that commitment, including some who play for us. But the Doc does couple his commitment with being a good defender at this level. Positionally he''s good, he''s rarely beaten for pace or out muscled and even though his headers aren''t always the strongest he''s rarely dominated in the air by an opponent.

As for playing for Ireland, who knows??? I''d never take McShane over the Doc. Why did McClaren drop Beckham? Certainly wasn''t anything to do with ability. Although it has to be said that the Doc has still got a fair few caps for Ireland as well as all his appearances for a big club like Spurs, that would suggest he''s a better player than some people realise.

I''m not on edge when the Doc is in possession, I''ve got more sense than to create an edgy atmosphere. Hardly likely to help the team. But as I always say, people are desperate for the Doc to make a mistake so they can get on his case.

It''d be nice if the Doc did score more goals but it''d also be nice if the midfielders and the likes of Cureton scored a few more. If they all did the business a bit more than what they have been then nobody would care that the Doc doesn''t score that many. I''ve got a feeling Rio Ferdinand isn''t exactly prolific and it doesn''t seem to have done him or Man Utd any harm.

I''m pretty sure that if the Doc wanted to leave and wanted to play for another club in this league he wouldn''t be short of offers.

If I was the Doc, I would be off like a shot now that Roeder has been so patronising about his intelligence. - Wizened Wizard

If you were Doherty, you might be too stupid to realize your intelligence had been called into question!

Doc will go where the money is......like almost all professional footballers these days.

Makes you realise how much of a legend Hucks was.

[quote user="Largey"]I found Roeders comments quite amusing, and I for one being a Doc fan, hopes he will sign the new contract put down to him, I cannot see a reason why he wouldnt, unless he of course wishes to live in USA.[/quote]

I found the comments amusing too - and completely understandable.

Doc has spoken about wanting to "live the American Dream" for a couple of years. He had been wanting to move to LA Galaxy when his contract expired at the end of 2006 - 2007 - unfortunately Mr Beckham beat him to it.