Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Darrel Russell off to Burnley?

[quote user="SnakepitTopBoy"]

Would you sell him if you were the manager?

[/quote]

no and i dont think he would want to leave anyway

I''d be a bit concerned if we sold him without having a replacement. We need him right now but only because we have hardly any players. I think he is an average midfielder who charges around, wins the odd tackle and makes himself noticed. He admitted himself that he doesn''t have the skills of other players but the fans can see him working hard. I''m sorry, but I think we need more than that. He is no better than when he left to go to Stoke years ago. Problem is that if we sell him we''ll have ahrdly any midfielders. Clingan and Fozzy should be a good central mid pair but we need more than two...

We must keep Rusty here, but here''s the rub, I said this board of ours always makes a profit in the transfer windows..........I see nothing to suggest that that policy has changed with them.[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]We must keep Rusty here, but here''s the rub, I said this board of ours always makes a profit in the transfer windows..........I see nothing to suggest that that policy has changed with them.[:(][/quote]I''ll tell you something Wiz. I''ll be extremely dissapointed if they have the intention of making a profit in this transfer window. We need so many players and have very little to sell. If we manage to make a profit, who the hell would we end up buying [:O]

IF the money was right and IF we had an equally capable and committed replacement lined up then the answer would have to be yes sell, if the answer to either is no then we should keep hold of one of our better players.

If he did leave though, doesn''t the team he leaves always get promoted the following season?  Happened with us and Stoke I think, so maybe its not such a bad idea!

Wouldnt sell him for anything under £2m, he''s one of the few in our squad who have a genuine passion for our club. Plus he''s a decent centre mid, needed.

[quote user="King Beef"]Wouldnt sell him for anything under £2m, he''s one of the few in our squad who have a genuine passion for our club. Plus he''s a decent centre mid, needed.[/quote]

Passion for the club doesn''t make a good player.....I''d sell him ,we need a better partner for Fozzy in my view. Russell runs around like a headless chicken most of the time.

I hope he doesnt leave, he has done very well with Fozzy, he found his partner, they work very hard in the middle, and both have the ability to defend, pass and score goals, and if Rusty can do more goal scoring next season then we know we have a very passionate player, who will do anything for his club.

I feel that he will perform much better next season.  With clingan sitting behind him it will give him the freedom to attack and give the strikers support.  I wouldnt sell him for under £1.5m but if we have players as good as him lined up then the money could be good.  Still think he can do a good job for us! 

no i wouldt sell for 1.5 million, in the past we''ve sold players  and invested poorly hold on to the decent players build around them.

[quote user="jedi"]no i wouldt sell for 1.5 million, in the past we''ve sold players  and invested poorly hold on to the decent players build around them.[/quote]

Who are you? Yesterday you were a binner with 4 posts. Now you''re a binner pretending not to be a binner with one post. Reveal your identity at once.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

[quote user="King Beef"]Wouldnt sell him for anything under £2m, he''s one of the few in our squad who have a genuine passion for our club. Plus he''s a decent centre mid, needed.[/quote]

Passion for the club doesn''t make a good player.....I''d sell him ,we need a better partner for Fozzy in my view. Russell runs around like a headless chicken most of the time.

[/quote]

I think it''s the other way round. Russell needs to play with a good playmaker, like Ben Watson while he gets in oppositions faces.. I think Russell is better then Fozzy.

[quote user="SnakepitTopBoy"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

[/quote]

I think it''s the other way round. Russell needs to play with a good playmaker, like Ben Watson while he gets in oppositions faces.. I think Russell is better then Fozzy.

[/quote]

I totally agree Snakepit. IMO Russell is better than Fozzy and I think with Clingan sitting beside him we will see a much improved attacking midfielder. Let me ask those saying that they would sell a question...if we get £1.5m for Rusty who would you replace him with?