Sign in to follow this  
ShrewsCanary

Huckerby rumour - STFC

Has anyone heard any rumours about Huckerby and Shrewsbury Town?  Its been posted on the STFC forum but I can''t take it seriously... unless any of you guys have heard anything?

I would very seriously doubt it. He has said numerous times he won''t play for another club in England as he doesn''t want to play against Norwich. The rumours seem to suggest an imminent move to San Jose Earthquakes in MLS.

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]why would he drop down to League2 when he is still good enough for the Championship[/quote]Big fish, small pond...

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]why would he drop down to League2 when he is still good enough for the Championship[/quote]

Big fish, small pond...
[/quote]

Good reply. I''d say you have hit the nail on the head. Huckerby although a VERY good player seriously overrated himself as did  the fans.

I so hope this is true.  Haha he will be quality in League Two, they won''t know what has hit them, I fear though he will be the subject of some hefty challenges.

Well for obvious reasons I think its untrue, but if it happened it would certainly be an amazing capture, which is why I cant see it coming offI hope im wrong!

If he does go to the Shrews I wish him all the best.

Playing in league 2 would mean that he would not have to face City, other than a possible cup game.

[quote user="On The Roeder To No Where. "]

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]why would he drop down to League2 when he is still good enough for the Championship[/quote]

Big fish, small pond...
[/quote]

Good reply. I''d say you have hit the nail on the head. Huckerby although a VERY good player seriously overrated himself as did  the fans.

[/quote]

All things are possible in football, of course, but he could have dropped to League One at Colchester and still stayed living at Norwich and probably picked up as much as Sir Teddy of Sheringham did (£8-10k a week depending on who you believe) provided the owner was prepared to pay half out of his own pocket as happened with Sheringham.  I

I''ve only ever met Mr Huckerby a couple of times in my life but he didn''t strike me as someone who "seriously overrated himself" - and I believe I''ve met a few who do in all walks of life.  If you believe your fans did that''s not really his fault. I thought he was rather down to earth and honest and while two meetings are nothing it''s often first impressions that count the most.

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]why would he drop down to League2 when he is still good enough for the Championship[/quote]

Who''s to say that he is good enough for the championship anymore?

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="On The Roeder To No Where. "]

Big fish, small pond...
[/quote]

[/quote]

All things are possible in football, of course, but he could have dropped to League One at Colchester and still stayed living at Norwich and probably picked up as much as Sir Teddy of Sheringham did (£8-10k a week depending on who you believe) provided the owner was prepared to pay half out of his own pocket as happened with Sheringham.  I

I''ve only ever met Mr Huckerby a couple of times in my life but he didn''t strike me as someone who "seriously overrated himself" - and I believe I''ve met a few who do in all walks of life.  If you believe your fans did that''s not really his fault. I thought he was rather down to earth and honest and while two meetings are nothing it''s often first impressions that count the most.

[/quote]

PS and who gave him his break into professional football?  He''d failed a trial with Notts County and Forest and allegedly with Retford Town (that''s going somewhat).

And who stepped forward? Lincoln City (Motto: It''s hard to fail a trial with us).

When he moved into the Premier League with your Lovely Old Club/Little Old Norwich the hapless Lincolnshire Echo (it being out of season and short of stuff to write and all that) did a big feature on Your Darren.

I''ve got it here in front of me. "I''ll always be grateful to the Imps for giving me a chance when others had turned me away.  I still look out for their result because they set me on my way and now I have the chance to play at the pinnacle of football.  That''s not the sort of thing you forget in your life, how you first got started when there were times you thought you wouldn''t be good enough for the game.  So Lincoln have a special place in my heart"

And now he''s going to Shrewsbury Town?

TRAITOR

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="On The Roeder To No Where. "]

Big fish, small pond...
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS and who gave him his break into professional football?  He''d failed a trial with Notts County and Forest and allegedly with Retford Town (that''s going somewhat).

And who stepped forward? Lincoln City (Motto: It''s hard to fail a trial with us).

When he moved into the Premier League with your Lovely Old Club/Little Old Norwich the hapless Lincolnshire Echo (it being out of season and short of stuff to write and all that) did a big feature on Your Darren.

I''ve got it here in front of me. "I''ll always be grateful to the Imps for giving me a chance when others had turned me away.  I still look out for their result because they set me on my way and now I have the chance to play at the pinnacle of football.  That''s not the sort of thing you forget in your life, how you first got started when there were times you thought you wouldn''t be good enough for the game.  So Lincoln have a special place in my heart"

And now he''s going to Shrewsbury Town?

TRAITOR

[/quote]

if this is true (which i very much doubt) then you have every right to be frustrated Cam. Maybe Lincoln havent offered him a contract?

It''s certainly true that THE MIGHTY IMPS gave him his first break in pro football and the Lincolnshire Echo quotes are as they printed at the time of your elevation into the Premiership.

The rest of it was a parody on loyalties which has obviously failed miserably..........................

I think it''s even sadder that I still have the Lincs Echo piece but that''s probably typical of saddo''s backing the wrong club (s) which is pretty much the story of my life.